Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters blame xbox live

To @lorre After having 3 friends actually ring codemasters to find out whats going on with this buggie game, on all 3 occassions codemasters customer relations told each of them that it was a problem with there xbox and or the xbox live service. TSK TSK codemasters stop blaming others for your crap coding.  time to tell people why we have had our money stolen.And maybe tell us why 4 months into a game you stop supportting it. Should we expect another update.
I dont expect an answer you seem to pick and choose what questions you answer????????????????

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrm...................................@Loore has already answered this question. 

The fix is with Microsoft at the moment.  

:smile: 

So if the fix is with Microsoft already. We won't see that update for another month or so. Or when there real tired of us bitching at them for a crap ass game they put out.

Just don't listen to peoples crap, they make up their own little theory to things. To be fair, yeah codemasters could have done a better job than this but look at the bigger picture, it's all about PC. PC is their highest selling point and like any company, business or association, that is the area where you would use most of your focus right? Yeah it's not something to be best pleased with but it's reality. Codemasters will patch the consoles. 

Couldn't care less tbh. It's got their logo on it, they should stand behind it.

No one buys a console game in the mindset "it costs the same as the PC version, but I'm happy in the knowledge it'll be inferior in comparison and be fatally flawed, but hey that's the price I pay for being a tight wad". If  the console versions are knowingly inferior, charge less for them, or charge a premium for the superior PC version. Simple marketing principles guys. 

I don't buy any of this "consoles are old" lark. That left a very bad taste with me.
Anyone here old enough to remember Gerald Ratner and how his empire crumbled after he admitted to selling flawed products?
Again, look at GTA V on Xbox 360. Do you see evidence there of age getting in the way of quality coding? No, neither do I. I see a greatly talented dev team pouring their heart and soul in to it and extracting every inch of  capability out of a very competent platform, and not making any excuses for their own shortcomings.
And don't come back with "they have a bigger budget". If you can't pee, get off the pot.

Looking forward to the new patch though so we can put all this behind us and finally remember GAS for being the greatest racer on the 360.

That is all. And I said it without any use of the caps lock key.

kimdurose said:
Couldn't care less tbh. It's got their logo on it, they should stand behind it.

No one buys a console game in the mindset "it costs the same as the PC version, but I'm happy in the knowledge it'll be inferior in comparison and be fatally flawed, but hey that's the price I pay for being a tight wad". If  the console versions are knowingly inferior, charge less for them, or charge a premium for the superior PC version. Simple marketing principles guys. 

I don't buy any of this "consoles are old" lark. That left a very bad taste with me.
Anyone here old enough to remember Gerald Ratner and how his empire crumbled after he admitted to selling flawed products?
Again, look at GTA V on Xbox 360. Do you see evidence there of age getting in the way of quality coding? No, neither do I. I see a greatly talented dev team pouring their heart and soul in to it and extracting every inch of  capability out of a very competent platform, and not making any excuses for their own shortcomings.
And don't come back with "they have a bigger budget". If you can't pee, get off the pot.

Looking forward to the new patch though so we can put all this behind us and finally remember GAS for being the greatest racer on the 360.

That is all. And I said it without any use of the caps lock key.
You are so right no one on this planet can tell me that GAS has more code than GTA V and GTA just keeps adding more features to thier game .  Excuse after excuse is the motto at Codemasters .;{)

I believe the problem with the previous patches, is that they went to MS, then back to CM, back to MS, back to CM, back to MS, back to CM, back to MS, and then to us. 

HOPEFULLY,  MS will say its ok, and let us have it. 

CM will be in a rather large steaming pile fresh dung, if this patch doesnt do what it says on the tin. 

I would really like to know, how far into the Xbox ONE/PS4 games they are.  I dont want to see or hear about another CM title, for atleast a year and a half.   Then I want it delayed for a year,  while its tested.  

Watch this,   Ive found the people responsible for this mess.   Sharpen your pitchforks people,  form an angry mob, 

Look at all these QA people.....................................................LOL
http://youtu.be/pJ9FP3Zd04Q

Whats with all the smiling faces???? You guys aren't happy with your work are you? 
I still dont think its worth smiling about....................................yet.   

Next game if Im playing it, after 4 months, I want my name on the credits.  Everyone still playing this on the xbox should have he/her gamertag on there.   With  CM saying thankyou. 

Sooo many players not playing this game anymore CM.  

I actually find it quite refreshing that for once a developer has concentrated on the PC getting more attention, I am so tired of games being coded for consoles and then ported across to the PC, the graphics and features are sub par.

The consoles are now 9 years old and most games have been made for them and ported over, this has really held back the PC in terms of what a PC can be capable of, even with the next gen titles being done they are still not as powerful as a PC can be and will start holding the PC back again.

Also consoles have had exclusive releases which the PC never got, GTA5 was an XBox exclusive, it is only now being opened up for other platforms, this is a game coded for a 9 year old console, how would you feel if you spent a grand on a new PC and you can't play games that a 9 year old machine can??

Don't get me wrong I don't think any platform should get shafted but it does happen and in recent times it has been the PC that got shafted, I honestly think GAS should have been a PC exclusive and then brought out on next gen consoles to make the most of what the PC received.

My opinion is that anything that comes out on Xbox 360/one should be available for PC, I mean they are both controlled by Microsoft, in fact why did they not make discs that ran on Xbox and PC and were cross compatible? Greed, it is the one reason I never bought any Xbox as I thought it would be one disc for all when they first introduced the 360, I have only recently been given an Xbox 360 for free and it isn't actually too bad but it does lack in the graphics department compared to a PC.

I played COD Ghosts last night (console port) and it is just as bad now as it was months ago, it stutters every time you fire, move or any action occurs and is virtually unplayable, apparently the Xbox 360 version runs sweet as a nut (hmmm), then I played some COD 4 which was the last of the PC created titles that you didn't have to pay for DLC and guess what, it ran as smooth as butter, even Blacks ops runs near perfect.

Another title Titanfall, created for consoles and ported over and has a crappy 60fps lock on PC, I mean why would any game developer lock a games fps to a monitor refresh rate, even GAS runs at 120fps on my PC.

I could go on about different titles in the last 2-3 years and every single one has had an issue on PC and have been patched either day one or very soon after, some have been fixed some are still unplayable but I just move on.

GAS on the PC on the other hand apart from the repair costs at the beginning has been pretty much playable on  PC from day 1 for me and my mates.

It has even brought out one of our old timers that used to race Toca 3 and he even bought a wheel for GAS, he hasn't raced since T3 and he is loving it, even if he is 3 seconds off the pace he is doing the grind to get better and stick with the pack.

I congratulate CM on the PC version, it is a shame that consoles didn't get the same experience but let's hope the next gen title does justice to all platforms.

As far as I know, xbox 360, uses zenon/zenos processing chipsets (ibm), (made years ago, alongside its build from the mainboard and upwards) which would cause limitations. pc's of gaming spec, have a far greater range, and a lot more advanced technology which can take it. Loore commented on the problems related to the consoles in that the xbox 360 technology is old, and the insufficient memory is the problem, and makes massive sense in comparison, 360 vs pc, as to why pc users aren't freezing, and 360 console users are.

Good points raised. A good development team would work within those console "limitations" though and release a playable game with less eye candy, surely? Or am I missing the point here? Are balloons, moving grass, jumping crowds, particles and helicopters more important to the console gamer than a stable game? I'd say not.

They did work with the limitations of the console, hence the reason the PC got the texture pack which enables 4K resolution, it was a few gigs worth as well if I remember rightly.

This is where I say CM did a good job with the PC and realised that the console limitations were not present for the PC and added content, most developers code for consoles and just junk all the same onto the PC and the PC suffers.

A lot of console port games suffer from memory leak on PC because of the way the architecture on the consoles is different, hopefully with the newer gen consoles being similar now to PC architecture coding and porting will be less of a headache, it is the one reason I bought an AMD 8 core CPU as this is what next gen consoles are using and I am hoping the PC will run better with the port over from console.

I agree though the eye candy is not needed and you can turn it off on PC, but if they left the eye candy out you would have the complainers then saying 'well it just looks like they used Toca as the base and updated the cars because the graphics are no better'.

People nowadays expect graphics to improve from game to game which is fine, but if the base game is crap to start with then no amount of graphics will save it, I point to Grid 2 as an example....

Scenario...My mate to me 'Oooh the graphics look great on my new PC, I am glad I upgraded', me to my mate 'Yeah it looks great but the game physics are crap, I just don't like the way it drives!!', my mate to me 'Yeah but it looks so good and as I have this new really expensive PC I want eye candy!!?', me to my mate 'Stuff  the eye candy, I want to race properly, lets go back to Toca 3?', my mate to me 'Nah the graphics are shite on that my new PC would be wasted', me to myself  'I give up!', we ended up playing Grid 1 on Tuungle lol, best of both worlds.

GAS comes along and we both get what we want except that I think they could have dropped some of the eye candy and put in qualifying and pit stops instead.

One day someone will release a stable racer with a fantastic paint shop, proper pit stops, pit boards, and warmup laps :)

D4ZZL4R said:
As far as I know, xbox 360, uses zenon/zenos processing chipsets (ibm), (made years ago, alongside its build from the mainboard and upwards) which would cause limitations. pc's of gaming spec, have a far greater range, and a lot more advanced technology which can take it. Loore commented on the problems related to the consoles in that the xbox 360 technology is old, and the insufficient memory is the problem, and makes massive sense in comparison, 360 vs pc, as to why pc users aren't freezing, and 360 console users are.
Did they not test these things "before" they released the game?

On the PC there are a bazillion different hardware combinations, on the 360 basically one!

They know the limitations of the 360, they did Grid 1 & 2, Dirt and F1 games, they are just pointing the finger elsewhere IMO.

They did work with the limitations of the console, hence the reason the PC got the texture pack which enables 4K resolution, it was a few gigs worth as well if I remember rightly.

This is where I say CM did a good job with the PC and realised that the console limitations were not present for the PC and added content, most developers code for consoles and just junk all the same onto the PC and the PC suffers.

A lot of console port games suffer from memory leak on PC because of the way the architecture on the consoles is different, hopefully with the newer gen consoles being similar now to PC architecture coding and porting will be less of a headache, it is the one reason I bought an AMD 8 core CPU as this is what next gen consoles are using and I am hoping the PC will run better with the port over from console.

I agree though the eye candy is not needed and you can turn it off on PC, but if they left the eye candy out you would have the complainers then saying 'well it just looks like they used Toca as the base and updated the cars because the graphics are no better'.

People nowadays expect graphics to improve from game to game which is fine, but if the base game is crap to start with then no amount of graphics will save it, I point to Grid 2 as an example....

Scenario...My mate to me 'Oooh the graphics look great on my new PC, I am glad I upgraded', me to my mate 'Yeah it looks great but the game physics are crap, I just don't like the way it drives!!', my mate to me 'Yeah but it looks so good and as I have this new really expensive PC I want eye candy!!?', me to my mate 'Stuff  the eye candy, I want to race properly, lets go back to Toca 3?', my mate to me 'Nah the graphics are shite on that my new PC would be wasted', me to myself  'I give up!', we ended up playing Grid 1 on Tuungle lol, best of both worlds.

GAS comes along and we both get what we want except that I think they could have dropped some of the eye candy and put in qualifying and pit stops instead.
that's the main reason why I chose an 8 core CPU in   my system too when I bought it back in February

This technical issue with the freezing on xbox 360 has caused a lot of frustration, confusion, and placed doubts in the minds of thousands of people over trusting cm on game development in the future. ( I could be wrong.), Although the issue will be fixed I am sure. The eye candy looks good, but does it benefit the purpose of the "grid"? (The grid I believe wants to race, not look at balloons, helicopters, fireworks and grass texture.) The game itself, the true handling, setups and feel of racing in the game is 100%. Roll on the fix for this freezing issue, and we can all get back to racing again. (Not a moment too soon!!!) and this will be a shadow in dust.

I was in a lobby last night with 11 other racers.
Race 1 Indianapolis - 10 disconnects by the time we reached turn 2
Race 2 - exactly the same!
After that they all dissipated and I went on to play Battlefield instead.

To lose 10 out of 12 racers twice is a joke.

QOALL60 said:
 I dont expect an answer you seem to pick and choose what questions you answer????????????????
I answer questions that I have an answer too, I like to think I've been pretty open to be honest, at least more than we have in the past and certainly more than other devs.

If this is in regard to the freezing issue, we're working on a patch and it's currently going through internal QA, once that's complete and we're satisfied with it working we'll pass it over to Microsoft.

Loore said:
QOALL60 said:
I answer questions that I have an answer too, I like to think I've been pretty open to be honest, at least more than we have in the past and certainly more than other devs.

If this is in regard to the freezing issue, we're working on a patch and it's currently going through internal QA, once that's complete and we're satisfied with it working we'll pass it over to Microsoft.
@Loore... Good news the patch is on it's way.  I just hope people come back to the game.  It's getting deader and deader by the day.  Felt like there should have been tumble weed blowing over the tracks last night :(