Sign in to follow this  

F1 2014 joystick domination

Like  i said in the general discussion , i love the game the power of the car ,i love almos everything ,but the domination of the joystick is unfair for wheel driver like me ,we played the other versions of the game 2011 to 2013 and the guys with joysticks was as fast as me ,but now they are 19 sec faster in a 25% race with no assit and 28 sec with assist , for guys like me who put some $$ in racing wheel kit we are desapointed in the arcade game they give us. Event the rocket guys who play for many years now, with steering wheel,get pass by the (joystick guys). i hope that code master will correct this aberation.

wen we want to play with no assist, i think that is with no assit at all for everyone like the real f1 car for real f1 simudrivers.

we buy a whell to have realism, precision and challenge, not to win with none fairplay the players with pad. As it's need to be very close of the good line for making good lap, playing F1  with pad was too hard with old versions, it was 2-3 seconds by lap more than a wheel, with F1 2014 it's really nice.

So you bought a wheel ? so found friends wheel equiped to make private race with, and let the palyers with pad have fun with this new and fine handling.

it's the same with the new Forza5 and Horizon 2 on xboxOne, playing with a wheel is more realistic but of course it's more difficult  than playing with pad in "arcade" style. It's a good evolution for the racing games.

The controller isn't as 'dominant' as many believe e.g Germany wheel users can do 1:13s where as controller users can only get mid to high 14s some tracks such as silverstone the wheel is faster but other tracks pad is faster

softy94 said:
The controller isn't as 'dominant' as many believe e.g Germany wheel users can do 1:13s where as controller users can only get mid to high 14s some tracks such as silverstone the wheel is faster but other tracks pad is faster

This.

Funny how the wheel users weren't moaning when they were smashing the pad users by several seconds a lap.

i don'T know ,we play f1 2013 almost every night sinse the game get out (with no cd...), with 11 -12 guys ,we made championships 100% long ,only with abs and traction control for the padmens ,3 guys running with pads ,one guys do my time on track 6 or 7 spot,but the other two guys are just rockets , faster as guys running fanatec and those guys are very fast. but on this game the assists are still on even when you put it off,where the padmens can win a race, with one or two sec at the end over wheelmens, now they put more then 45sec on a 100% race ... when you get about 1/2 or 3/4 of a curve  before accelerate with the racingwheel, you think about it when you touch the (i m not sure of the name (kurbs) i think) not to accelerate to hard not to spin out, the padmens, the same curve, when they get 1/3 of the curve done ,they put the pedal to metal and dont have to worry about the kurbs, they can ride on top of it no problems, in a race that long  ,with the racing wheel it's 0,5 sec each time you climb the curbs too mutch an your spins your tires a little . It's a shame that a big place like Codemasters put this mariokart game on market to replace 2011 to 2013 games,the very last one on ps3 'when you know that the racingwheels,fanatec ,logitech and some other wheel wont work on the ( sony ps4 joke). they dont know that serieous drivers just gone to switch on pc just because they just payd 1000$ to buy or make they're wheel setup.    real shame.

As others have said there was no complaining from the wheel users when using a wheel was faster in previous games. And whenever a pad player said it wasn't fair it was usually met with "Well we paid extra for a wheel so we deserve to be quicker" or something along those lines.
Of course I'm heavily in favour of having an even game where anyone can race at the same level regardless of the controller they use and hopefully that will be sorted in the coming patch or patches. I just have a wry smile on my face right now because it's all of a sudden it's become unfair now that it's the other way round.

the ting is that ,we can get only wheeldriver, but some of our old friends have pads and are competitive even with they,re pads and make great races, they wins races many many times they are very good and clean drivers,some of them run no assists like the wheel mens,but now with this last for ever game it's just unfair even the middle guys who fight with me  for 2-3 years get rocketed to the top with almos  a lap a head over a full race no assists. we don't whant to get them out of our races because we know they are good, some better ,to race with us .it's just we are not fast enough for them even with the full assist on. our last yearF1 2013 Champ is a pads driver, 2 points in front of a fanatec rocket driver. they're no pads driver vs wheel driver war in our gang and they joint the fact ,This is a BIG,BIG JOKE, THIS LAST EVER F1 PS3 GAME ... Code masters could finish in style,. the driving feeling is NO:1 it's very great.and graphics too , sounds real good, we just want to drive equal...that's all. just a( fair patch ),sell it if you want but do someting.

the guys with pads in our gang dont want to win races like this ,they're is no chalenge for them,no battle on track or on the start,they are proud fighters and they where  fast on the other f1 game before. they run in the front pack more than in the back .there no fun for them to run alone in front ,like every drivers who ride for good battle till the end,

Not what you want to hear but ditch your wheel for this year and join the pad users while CM can figure out what they have done and how they can repair it. I personally do not race online so I would be more than happy using my wheel if I had this game.

the guys with pads in our gang dont want to win races like this ,they're is no chalenge for them,no battle on track or on the start,they are proud fighters and they where  fast on the other f1 game before. they run in the front pack more than in the back .there no fun for them to run alone in front ,like every drivers who ride for good battle till the end,
I guess you could get the pad users to use tier 2 or 3 cars and the wheel users tier 1 to even things up a bit. Just a thought.

we race with the setting all car the same .the thing is : CM all ready made good assist on the game before: with some assists the padmen was in the same lap time ,we could make the race more fair ,,i know also for some gamers who dont play f1 race or not frequently it's a good thing to have this setting it's make the game more playable , but they forgot the old players who take that more seriously. they can mixt the old assists with the newone so every bodys happy, two or three programming lines that all ready exist .the engine is the same it will change on ps4: f1 2015... excuse me for my writing  i'm a french speaking from quebec i have only a primary 4 grade in english

You can be a good driving with a pad or a good driver with a wheel,  depends on you, is absolute not true that one peripheral is faster than other.

I guess its all about pad users panicking that their advantage will be taken away ;) I personally have both pad & wheel and there is no way in 90% of the circuits to compete with wheel against pad on race distance. As pad has tc tyre wear is pretty much non existent while with wheel its impossible to control the wheelspin on race distance and laptimes starts to get slower & slower during stint, while with pad you cant actually improve laptimes lap by lap.

Yes for qualify they are pretty even, but qualify doesnt mean much when you dont have any chance on race apart from very few tracks ( austria, silverstone & hockenheim ). Also thing that pad users here seems to forget is that when you have tc, you can use totally different setup aswell (low wings, stiff suspension etc) while wheel users need to counter the wheelspin by using softer softer suspension & more aero to make it more driveable for race distance.

You can be a good driving with a pad or a good driver with a wheel,  depends on you, is absolute not true that one peripheral is faster than other.
Depending on the track for each one, it is absolutely true!  A user can just make it not quite as bad depending on their skill, but if hypothetically each were equally as fast, it would then come down to which track suited each controller type.

There's pros and cons to each.  I am a wheel user and I must say that the car feels great.  They messed up with pad handling in my opinion.  I can see from the videos that the car turns like a boat on pad and that the pad does have a traction advantage.  However it also still have a steering assist in that it will give you the correct input for turn in, its just more delayed in this release which hurts it, so that is nullified. 

However the wheel has the turn in advantage, so its all going to come down to track characteristics for 2014 unless they change something...

And I feel bad for the pad users because it seems like their experience has been numbed down a bit.

Front wing hardly has any effect on topspeed, i have example been using 5/1 wings with pad without any problem and takes away the most understeer on corners. While with wheel i need to use more like 5/5 wings it to be manageable when tyre wear kicks in. So basicly with pad you have still higher topspeed, hugely better traction so no matter what you try find it is fact that pad will always have advantage overall if the game stays like it currently is.

johnnyw said:
Also thing that pad users here seems to forget is that when you have tc, you can use totally different setup aswell (low wings, stiff suspension etc) while wheel users need to counter the wheelspin by using softer softer suspension & more aero.
You'd think that... but pad users are having to use 11-7 wings just to counter the understeer, which is also bad for tyre wear.
so while we can get off the line faster, wheel users will have higher top speed.
its swings and roundabouts. 
People are only crying about it because they feel like they are disadvantaged.
No one is crying. We're just demanding EQUAL conditions. Equal turn-in. Equal TC. We should not be discussing whether pros and cons are even because it won't be the same for every track.

aktisti said:
johnnyw said:
Also thing that pad users here seems to forget is that when you have tc, you can use totally different setup aswell (low wings, stiff suspension etc) while wheel users need to counter the wheelspin by using softer softer suspension & more aero.
You'd think that... but pad users are having to use 11-7 wings just to counter the understeer, which is also bad for tyre wear.
so while we can get off the line faster, wheel users will have higher top speed.
its swings and roundabouts. 
People are only crying about it because they feel like they are disadvantaged.
No one is crying. We're just demanding EQUAL conditions. Equal turn-in. Equal TC. We should not be discussing whether pros and cons are even because it won't be the same for every track.

Quote agreed, that would fix everything.

I have always played with pad and this year got a wheel I was within 1 second of my pad time ( I use no assist on wheel or pad, apart from auto gears on pad as you have to have amazing dexterity to be able to change gears and race on a pad near impossible for me). however bk to the point the isn't much difference in time and I'm sure with practice I will be quicker with the wheel, however as I have problems with my legs doing anything more than 25% race is absolute agony so just keep it as it is as it seems even enough to me. just sort the AI out in the wet a full 5-8 seconds slower ruins the game.

I'm a pad user and I want them to be equal.
however like some have said, when the wheel was faster nobody complained.
Thats mainly because the pad and wheel have been fairly equal on F1 2010, 2012 and 2013. 2011 was the only wheel dominated game and I remember a fair few people complaining about it. This game at the moment is so broken you are best off just not even playing with pad users. Wheel can keep up in certain circumstances, namely in qualifying or at a few tracks like Austria or Germany but in every other scenario(wet weather, tyre wear, traction, starts) the pad is utterly dominant. Lets face it at the moment the pad and the wheel are driving 2 completely different games. Wheel has great high speed grip unlike the pad and the pad has such overbearing traction control that it is pretty much impossible to even spin the car. How Codemasters thought this would be a good idea I will never know. The very basis of online equality is that the 2 inputs drive the same friggin handling model.

League practise, No Assists Singapore. Full wet quali, dry race. These conditions (having dry setup on wet track) emphasise the difference between pad and wheel more than any other:-
3 pad users qualied 2:00.1 to 2:00.9
6 wheel users qualied 2:04.7 to 2:09.

We want our league back please Codemasters!

League practise, No Assists Singapore. Full wet quali, dry race. These conditions (having dry setup on wet track) emphasise the difference between pad and wheel more than any other:-

Wow, looks like you all need to play with pad!!

Use the TC with wheel and relax.