Sign in to follow this  

What are you enjoying about this year's game?

For me it's two things that stand out:

1. The real challenge of the driver in the cockpit. This is close to what it is like driving a real F1 car in 2014 is meant to be like. The drivers are now struggling to come to grips with the new cars, their new power, downforce levels, tyres, engines and the whole lot. In real F1 this year it has all been about the best driver, the guy who drives the best, not necessarily the car itself (except of course for the Mercedes cars). It's all about the cockpit, your driving style, and how you manage your tyres and fuel with that much horespower in the unit, and I believe F1 2014 has this just about right in how much more work is now involved in the cockpit when driving the car. So the new challenges these cars bring in terms of driving them in the cockpit is one of things I throughly enjoy about driving the cars in this year's game.

2. I just realised this after a race at Suzuka in my career mode that I had this morning. I am really enjoying taking corner R130 flat out in high fuel revs mode in 8th gear, then having to brake quickly for that final chicane dropping down to 2nd or 1st gear in little to no time at all and dropping back to lean fuel revs mode. Really enjoyed that on the race I had this morning.

Pretty much everything tbh as I'm finding it basically a big improvement in all areas aside from graphics. I just hope CM don't screw around with the existing AI levels again as they're exactly where they need to be on the easy levels. I think maybe 1 or 2 extra levels could be useful at the top end for those that prefer a more sim experience to balance things some more but otherwise it should be left alone.

Pretty much everything tbh as I'm finding it basically a big improvement in all areas aside from graphics. I just hope CM don't screw around with the existing AI levels again as they're exactly where they need to be on the easy levels. I think maybe 1 or 2 extra levels could be useful at the top end for those that prefer a more sim experience to balance things some more but otherwise it should be left alone.
Basically this for me as well. :smile: