Sign in to follow this  

Chat option in GRID Autosport!!

Instead of having 80+ cars and 100+ routes i would gladly welcome text chat and few other tweaks to online interface. Text chat feedback is obvious atm so lets see what Codies are going to do. 
Is this about +80 cars officially confirmed..??
this is more than CM's average....
8-}

Yes, more or less..
"there's 80.... 88 cars..." - words from a CM interview.
Something like that :)

yes, definetly

its just one of the details that made GRID a accessible and friendly experience , who would want to drive anonymous without interact with people online , to me its a important feature for a online game these days , and not everyone like to play with a mic and mute everything ingame :P

ml66ok said:
ofc yes its a very important part of the grid experience,and without this feature is an empty room
:)]
@ml66ok hi man, it was a long time !! I remember some good races in GRID 1 with u!! 
hi mate not long to wait and renewing old rivalries
:D

cool !!!! 80-88 cars are enough!!
The question is how many of them are in  standard edition , and how many as dlc..8-} @-) /:)

cool !!!! 80-88 cars are enough!!
The question is how many of them are in  standard edition , and how many as dlc..8-} @-) /:)
That's in the game, not counting future content.

woow Loore many cars you put this time!!
It sound very good to me this number of cars!!
In most of your games you have around - / + 50 
Add please Mazda MX-5 (first generation) and Mini Cooper (the real mini old one) , and anything classic and legend car!  ^:)^ :)>-

I can't tell you what my favourite car / track combination to play just yet MiatakiasGR, but I have a feeling you'll like it.

That sounds promising Loore!!  :-bd
Until this time according the videos i have watched about grid autosport , i have been impressed with F3 in Jarama more (i know same you wrote in an other post)
Ok we wait for news about it!! @-)

Massive 85% YES, 0% No and some okay dudes that maybe donno what they miss without it.
I see a good chance to get Codemasters convinced here :)

@Loore - u still fight a proper fight for us on this one, don't you? #HighExpectations :)

Please also have a look at the "PITSTOP" thread as well.. Pitstop (in endourance races) seems pretty popular as well.
Can only hope for both, really  [-O<

Sorry, no update as of yet. We're still discussing it though, is something that's firmly on our mind.

FYI:

Firmly:
not soft or yielding when pressed; comparatively solid, hard, stiff, or rigid: firm ground; firm texture.
securely fixed in place.
Have a great day
\m/

Not happy about the quietness from @Loore at this one..
It must soon be time to decide - yes or no for this option I guess?
:-??
Come on Loore - push it - HARD - one last time please..
We would really like this :)

Ya, game need to go gold this month if GRID Autosport going be ready for release next month.

So this might be the last week a decision can be made to get text chat into the game.

A chat option would be way better than only a voice chat mode... You don't have to listen to people speaking in foreign languages who don't even know we actually hear them this way. I know there'll still be a voice chat mode, but it has to be turned off by default.
And with type chat, everybody can understand you if you speak English, no matter how you actually speak it.

Not really, an update can be easily be pushed through steam after release, since even the disc version requires steam to run.

zRad1c4L said:
Not really, an update can be easily be pushed through steam after release, since even the disc version requires steam to run.
i dont actually know a lot about programming , but i would be happy if codies confirm a text chat update some time later... ;;)

Even though I don't plan to play much online I can see how important it is, especially being a PC gamer myself.

Yeah i know im crazy but if codies dont implement txt chat into the game i would glady pay for it later as a dlc if thats possible instead of cars and tracks that i dont want or need,

Don't really see the point in it. If your playing online surely you should have a headset after all they dont cost much for a cheap set and when you have 8 people texting away convo's become a mess imho. What I want to see is voice chat even when the next race is loading. Kinda get pissed off getting cut off in the middle of a sentence when the loading screen comes up.

The point is...

Voice chat is way too easy to abuse...even more so in public servers.
coupled with the fact that in grid2 it defaulted to on, could make your first race[ at least] a nightmare experience.
once voice chat is turned off, we only have steam text chat to message on...which in itself is not as great as simple in game text chat is.

chat can also be abused of course, but its much much less intrusive than distorted music or verbal abuse being constantly transmitted.

If youve never experienced the voice abuse, then lucky ol you.
if you have....i fail to see how you can miss this point.

laz1973 said:
Don't really see the point in it. If your playing online surely you should have a headset after all they dont cost much for a cheap set and when you have 8 people texting away convo's become a mess imho. What I want to see is voice chat even when the next race is loading. Kinda get pissed off getting cut off in the middle of a sentence when the loading screen comes up.
I don't remember if ever in Grid we had problems with messy text chat, even with 12 ppl. I can't imagine 12 ppl shouting to mics at the same time thou.