Sign in to follow this  

Chat option in GRID Autosport!!

I think we really need the chat option in new game, because , i remember old days and good talking with a lot of friends and "enemies" ! That was a nice time, we use to spend a lot of time just talking, have fun and finding new friends.I know a lot of people want this option implemented into new game.lets see how many.... Do u want the chat option in game?

hello,my real nick name its Serj1001,and i ask,i rage,i whant CHAT whindow in Grid3,coz only like this u can talk whit a person or a"person",who you whant to talk,any way,voice chat its meaning some one its leastning you,but i close all time voice chat in Grid2 ,coz some noobs cant set his sound in a game,and to hear his car its anoyng...thats i need option CHAT IN THE GAME,oo ,and a in a must ,on -off in a race ,i mean to off chat in a race,to not to be disconcentrate.good look CM

YES
hello,my real nick name its Serj1001,and i ask,i rage,i whant CHAT whindow in Grid3,coz only like this u can talk whit a person or a"person",who you whant to talk,any way,voice chat its meaning some one its leastning you,but i close all time voice chat in Grid2 ,coz some noobs cant set his sound in a game,and to hear his car its anoyng...thats i need option CHAT IN THE GAME,oo ,and a in a must ,on -off in a race ,i mean to off chat in a race,to not to be disconcentrate.good look CM ....

Shame we dont have all of the facebook Grid fans on here to give their vote. Im sure it'd be a big resounding yes.

ofc yes its a very important part of the grid experience,and without this feature is an empty room
:)]

Bold red yes.
I cant speak english, only write. (what if someone born speechless?do not spit in the face of people with disabilities)

And i do not understand all ppl say, coz its possible to miss some words or letters, but i understand 95% what they wrote (what if someone born deaf?do not spit in the face of people with disabilities)

And i become so angry when ppl make huge annoing sound in sound chat, so i need to shut em up all, so i have nothing for communicate (what if someone become a rammer after this?)

Sound streaming make more lags ingame with bad i-net connection.

There are so many stand-alone application for chatting - skype, teamspeak, ventrilo, mumble, even steamvoice. Those ppl who wonna talk will find their way to voice communicate.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CM give chat

ml66ok said:
ofc yes its a very important part of the grid experience,and without this feature is an empty room
:)]
@ml66ok hi man, it was a long time !! I remember some good races in GRID 1 with u!! 

YES

YES

So far, all the people entered this discussion and voting, voted for CHAT to be implemented back in to the game!!!
That's 100% RED alert for Codies :)

Come on guys , is it really hard to bring that back into the game??Is it that hard to make? 
:x

I don't mine if they put it in or leave it out. I play seldom online and if i want to apologize , i send a message over psn

I'm an optimist about the new game, its cars (TBH i dont need more, there are at least 5, 6 touring cars in the game so that's enough for me), possible tracks and most important - handling. 

No pre-order customer though.

Seems, Codies decided that they have given enough scraps to "hardcore" players and left out text chat and spectating mode.
From game to game they get rid of important feature after feature. Even in G2 we cud spectate, but they took away text chat definitely.

The structure of multiplayer interface that is being actually used by Codies in its games has its flaws. In "public list" matchmaking that is used by Codies since Dirt2 you only get one race at a time. But what kind of fun can Codies offer in between races on public lists? After the race game will show me a score table, maybe some stats and plenty screens i have already seen many times. Then back to pitstop and wait for the next race, vote (like we can't vote every 3 races for some series championships) which takes like 5 mins. Waiting for the next race is sometimes much longer then the race itself - 1,5 min like D3 for instance.

Text chat is a great answer for spending time in the game outside races. Without it, it turns into wet blanket.

Dunno, why some features that were in previous games cannot make it to newer games, but i hope Codies change their plan and at least promise to patch it after the release (although preferred is to have it right from the start).

Instead of having 80+ cars and 100+ routes i would gladly welcome text chat and few other tweaks to online interface. Text chat feedback is obvious atm so lets see what Codies are going to do. 

i think if cm say nothing it means only they will do nothing for this question   8-X

if CM make something, is now. 
Because if the game will be nice (i hope that), and will be a good pre-order and sales...  i doubt we will ever see text chat and spectate mode.
We will fight and ask then for the first patch and bug fix for some "brand new" no-sense introduced... (dunno i have an idea about persistent damage and payment to fix car damage ...)

We got back cockpit view because of the grid2 flop, 
otherwise the next grid game would be now with cars and pilots with big 3d heads came out of the car windows...

Text chat is essential.
Like I said befoie not everybody is gonna use that worthless steam voice chat so to be able to have another means to communicate is essential.
Before and during the race.
But it will not be in the game I am affraid.

All,

We very much know how important text chat is to you, it remains something we're still talking about so by all means it isn't a 100% a no. Discussions are still taking place and as always, I'll be sure to fire this thread over to the team to further illustrate the desire to have the feature in the game.

@loore
i appreciate that grid autosport most probable will be the grid game more near to grid1 of the current generation.
autosport is a clear son of grid2, so i know is not possible have everything we lost with grid2.

When next gen grid3 develop time will start, please remember a list "of a must have" features
So if grid3 will lack of text chat or something else abc basic like that
this mean codemasters don't really listen community, but is only a cold market adjustment.
And remember that market have his own ability to adjust himself in turn.

Loore said:
All,

We very much know how important text chat is to you, it remains something we're still talking about so by all means is it 100% a no. Discussions are still taking place and as always, I'll be sure to fire this thread over to the team to further illustrate the desire to have the feature in the game.

Sorry Loore, but what is there to discussion? If GRID Autosport going have longevity like GRID 1 and Flatout 2 had, online will need text chat so online community can get to know each other. No text chat, online headed for an early grave. :(

And with all the heated discussion in the old GRID 2 forum about there being no text chat, how is it that Codemasters still felt it would be OK to leave text chat out again????????

Myabe there are just some contracts with headset companies and coz of that no text chat :D
Or programmers are newbie and cant make so simle thing.
Im sure voice chat is more hard to create, so i just dont get all this.

Here another reason to have text chat, A Dev for Gas Guzzlers Extreme was in my lobby last night and he tried telling us how to do a quick 180 turn so you could shoot at the guy chasing you. Also it nice to have text chat so after a tournament is over, host can say "break time", so the guys can get a drink or visit the bathroom or stretch their legs.

Gamepires Devs have done a good job with the online for Gas Guzzlers Extreme, Codemasters could learn a thing or 2 from them. :)

offcorse i do! 
the gas guzzlers has a cool text chat as purple said above...
even modded games like GTA san andreas online and just cause 2 multiplayer have text chat , a high quality game like Grid autosport why has not..??
:-B

(Please text chat in lobby as well if possible!)

There's a lot of good reasons and only few negative to have text chat in-game.
I'm sure Codemasters (like any other software company) got a set of predefined code lines of pieces of software, so to implement a chat couldn't be the question.
Is it "political" then? I donno..
But I can't guess of any reason why it should not be implemented now with 90%+ users who scream for it - but who knows.. :)

P.S. Be sure it will also be a thing that is wanted in F1 2014 :-t

And - whoever decided to leave out pit stops - can't u tell him we simply need that too??
L-) ;;)
I would love to change that for online replay anytime + 5 $
:-bd

Loore said:
All,

We very much know how important text chat is to you, it remains something we're still talking about so by all means is it 100% a no.
Heyhoheyhoo hold-the-horses... (from "Nothing but trouble" ;) )
Don't you miss a "not a" in that line @Loore ?
"..by all means it is  NOT a 100% a no. "
??? /:)