Jump to content Jump to content

Chat option in GRID Autosport!!

yes, definetly

its just one of the details that made GRID a accessible and friendly experience , who would want to drive anonymous without interact with people online , to me its a important feature for a online game these days , and not everyone like to play with a mic and mute everything ingame :P
woow Loore many cars you put this time!!
It sound very good to me this number of cars!!
In most of your games you have around - / + 50 
Add please Mazda MX-5 (first generation) and Mini Cooper (the real mini old one) , and anything classic and legend car!  ^:)^ :)>-
Not happy about the quietness from @Loore at this one..
It must soon be time to decide - yes or no for this option I guess?
:-??
Come on Loore - push it - HARD - one last time please..
We would really like this :)
A chat option would be way better than only a voice chat mode... You don't have to listen to people speaking in foreign languages who don't even know we actually hear them this way. I know there'll still be a voice chat mode, but it has to be turned off by default.
And with type chat, everybody can understand you if you speak English, no matter how you actually speak it.
Don't really see the point in it. If your playing online surely you should have a headset after all they dont cost much for a cheap set and when you have 8 people texting away convo's become a mess imho. What I want to see is voice chat even when the next race is loading. Kinda get pissed off getting cut off in the middle of a sentence when the loading screen comes up.
The point is...

Voice chat is way too easy to abuse...even more so in public servers.
coupled with the fact that in grid2 it defaulted to on, could make your first race[ at least] a nightmare experience.
once voice chat is turned off, we only have steam text chat to message on...which in itself is not as great as simple in game text chat is.

chat can also be abused of course, but its much much less intrusive than distorted music or verbal abuse being constantly transmitted.

If youve never experienced the voice abuse, then lucky ol you.
if you have....i fail to see how you can miss this point.

laz1973 said:
Don't really see the point in it. If your playing online surely you should have a headset after all they dont cost much for a cheap set and when you have 8 people texting away convo's become a mess imho. What I want to see is voice chat even when the next race is loading. Kinda get pissed off getting cut off in the middle of a sentence when the loading screen comes up.
I don't remember if ever in Grid we had problems with messy text chat, even with 12 ppl. I can't imagine 12 ppl shouting to mics at the same time thou.