Why pre-order?

I preorder the F1 games because from my experience they are not the buggy games like people describe them here.

You are still naive to think games will be released without bugs if no one pre orders. They will still come out with the same amount of bugs. If games are buggy they get bad reviews and that's how developers learn. Look at Fallout 79 and Anthem. Those are bad games and the developers will learn from the bad reputation they are getting with those games. 

If you want to wait three months before ordering that is your choice but don't call people naive because developers earned their trust with delivering them good games before. 

Pre-ordering can help developers plan resources to support the game. If everyone would buy games 3 months after release those games would be already abandoned by the developers when you buy it and they would cancel plans for a new game. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

If you want to wait three months before ordering that is your choice but don't call people naive because developers earned their trust with delivering them good games before

"Good game" will mean something different for everyone. One bug will be acceptable to you, but not for me and vice versa. We can say that the game after the patches is already playable, or have a completely different opinion. I read comments on forums and see how it is. And that's how it is :).

I stopped buying unfinished products because I can not afford to waste time and nerves. Currently, I choose carefully what I am buying. Of course, the games still contain errors and will contain them. But buying after a few months I know what I am buying. More or less. But more than less :). And I would encourage others to do the same. Buying a pre-order I buy a cat in a sack. Or rather, the belief that announcements and trailers do not lie. And they lie like hell :).

Everyone chooses himself, but there is no rational reason to buy pre-orders. In my opinion. Many people complain about games after the premiere, and only a few vote through the wallet. As long as we pay for a cat in a sack, nothing will change.

It's easy.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, eMc0B said:

"Good game" will mean something different for everyone. One bug will be acceptable to you, but not for me and vice versa. We can say that the game after the patches is already playable, or have a completely different opinion. I read comments on forums and see how it is. And that's how it is :).

I stopped buying unfinished products because I can not afford to waste time and nerves. Currently, I choose carefully what I am buying. Of course, the games still contain errors and will contain them. But buying after a few months I know what I am buying. More or less. But more than less :). And I would encourage others to do the same. Buying a pre-order I buy a cat in a sack. Or rather, the belief that announcements and trailers do not lie. And they lie like hell :).

Everyone chooses himself, but there is no rational reason to buy pre-orders. In my opinion. Many people complain about games after the premiere, and only a few vote through the wallet. As long as we pay for a cat in a sack, nothing will change.

It's easy.

We are just two differents persons. For me the glass is half full, for you the glass is half empty or the other way around if that description doesn't suit you.

But I don't belief that a perfect game is possible. There will never be game that does not require a patch or a game that every owner of it thinks does not need something changed at all. Thinking that it is possible that is what I call naive. F1 needs a refresh every year, because cars change, drivers change, tracks change, sponsors change, rules change, etc. So you know development is a race against a clock. I don't want to play the 2019 season in 2021 and everyone complaining about bugs today would be complaining that gameplay is outdated if they would take their time to release. I also don't want to pay €130 to play F1 because Codemasters doubled their cost in making the game perfect. 

Codemasters have done a great job releasing games that have had not too many issues considered the yearly timeframe they need to release. Compare this to other games that have no yearly cycle and could be postponed years. How long did it take to make FF XV, KH3, GTA 5, ...? It took years to develop with almost an infinite amount of resources and still contained bugs. So what the hell are people complaining about a yearly franchise were the developers are even so bold to give review copies weeks in advance with the permission to stream all content so people know exactly what they are getting. If more developers would do that I would pre order more games.

Edited by BelgiumDude
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

F1 needs a refresh every year, because cars change, drivers change, tracks change, sponsors change, rules change, etc

Well, if these things are to be up to date then they have to make it. It is true. But it does not matter to me, because I watch F1 on TV and in the game I do not have to be up to date. The game is just fun, but it must be fun and not frustrating. I understand that every buyer who wants to be "on time" agrees with all the mistakes and errors that the early product brings.

But no more than yesterday, playing in F1 2017 I encountered an error related to the safety car. He destroyed the race several times and I had to start again. Earlier, the safety car was rare and I did not notice its destructive impact. I did not know that this wrong behavior is a "norm".

This movie shows what I mean.

I entered the forum and read that this error was already present in F1 2016. Rather not very funny :classic_unsure:. And this has not been improved in F1 2017 by anybody since they left F1 2018.

Is not this a disrespectful treatment of the client? Should he buy another version? And pay for it in advance? No. 👎

I understand your point of view. Really. But I absolutely do not share it.

for you the glass is half empty or the other way around if that description doesn't suit you.

No. I just like to know what's in the glass before I pay for it :classic_wink:.

And I'm not saying that Codemasters games should be especially avoided in pre-order purchases. I do not buy pre-orders at all, because that's what a few bad shopping decisions taught me. Trailers and announcements are a lie, but we want to believe them.

• Like 1

Why pre-order? because I want to be certified insane and sent to the loony bin to have free food and shelter for life, and pre-ordering F1 2019 will support my quest for certification. The more crazy bugs I pay for , and previous years not addressed, the better... crazy crazy crazy!

Peterf1 I told you the wifi is for the medical staff only. Don't let us put you in isolation again. And we don't refer to the other guests as insane. You are mentally challenged, not insane :classic_huh:

Posted (edited)

There is absolutely no reason unless you're impatient or don't learn from previous mistakes. They are the same people that will come here ranting on the release day and they are the same people that said "I will never pre-order" when 2018 (and 2017 and 2016, etc.) came out.

Pre-orders and micro-transactions are the cancer of the modern gaming. There are plenty of people supporting it just because they think getting a virtual outfit is worth taking the risk of buying something that's incomplete and paying more than they would in a few weeks time.

Edited by MrMorpheus

Good evening, ignore any kind of mistakes and such as I'm tired and I should head to sleep.

I'm trying to figure out how is this still a thing even though most of the replies are the "people are stupid" kind. If someone enjoys a game and wants to get the new one, I don't see why that person shouldn't pre-order the game. It's basically the same as buying it on day 1 except that you have already paid for it, it may have arrived early (or on time) and you've generally had more time to think it through.

I don't understand those who clearly get angry at the game every time the play it but still continue to buy it. If you're not having fun, it's probably not something you should spend your money on. But like always, you should have the choice of buying the game you want without other people judging you.

• Agree 2