Jump to content Jump to content

Career / Single player.....any point?

Single player and multiplayer are two separate entities, if you're not a fan of one you can ignore it and stay with your preferred option.

No, to both questions, although you could argue career is a good way to learn tracks and the various routes it's not necesarrily needed.

Cars are earned in different ways for both options.
Ok cool, 

Yeah im sure career is a great way to learn tracks and get achievements, but its not for me.  

Custom cup sounds more my thing, if thats where the time attacks live. 

Thanks for the speedy answer Loore.

You can do everything in Custom Cup, so no worries on that front. Even set up your own mini championship (multiple race rounds etc).

As an FYI: Time Attack is in career, it's found under the Tuner discipline :)
The point is single play and the career game are real, multiplayer is just a figment of the internet. 

LOL your gonna force me into career.  

If I am forced to race any Ravenwest car,  I am going to have to wreck them.  We have unfinished business from GRID 1.   

Anyone who has played the GRID career has raced for Ravenwest, in the Ravenwest Viper at San Francisco; the one lap qualifier for the Rookie license.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player
That may be so Frank, but its multiplayer that people play the game for, months on end. 

Racing real people from all over the world is the attraction for me. 

Singleplayer and career modes were perfect before the days of multiplayer, but the internet is here. 

Multiplayer is the main reason people will be buying the game.  

Racing AI, is just boring, for me anyway. 
I-)
Just a little dig, RTA.  But some of us really enjoy the career in GRID.  I'm still enjoying it, and have been for more than 5 years.  Played a couple hours yesterday, and there are still unmet challenges for me.  Like how to win with my keyboard at Savage or Extreme without Traction Control.  And how to drift at least adequately.  And learning to enjoy Derby.  All unmet challenges that I can still look forward to.  GRID fans come in all shapes and sizes.  GRID is what we have in common.

Frank
Is there any part of career mode, that will benefit me racing online? 

Are there cars that you can only unlock via single player?

It might help you learn the tracks, suss the penalty zones and learn the cars, I know it will me. ;)  I absolutely loved G1 career and completed it before I even knew there was an online option and iirc you had to win the Lambo to use online by playing career.

Ok cool, 

Yeah im sure career is a great way to learn tracks and get achievements, but its not for me.  

Custom cup sounds more my thing, if thats where the time attacks live. 

Thanks for the speedy answer Loore.

tbh I'm the opposite as I'm not interested in racing online multiplayer has never interested me whereas I enjoy a good single player career mode

I was wondering if there would be certain cars that would only unlock via career mode.  If thats the case ill have to play it.  

GRID 2 career races - 2, online 5000+ 

I was only saying I am not really into career modes. Im sure others are, thats cool.  Each to their own I guess.  :)