Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 in which team to start a career?

i'm thinking about Mclaren (because of Alonso) or a Sauber road to glory like career (because Leclerc) 

so, i'm getting the same dilemma as you my friend 

Williams for me, really hoping to build them back up to championship contenders again even if it takes many seasons :)  might jump to Renault or Red Bull later on though later down the road. 
If I had to pick from your two Id probably go for McLaren as it would be good to progress them to the top of the constructors championship given their struggles over the last few years :)

Williams for me, really hoping to build them back up to championship contenders again even if it takes many seasons :)  might jump to Renault or Red Bull later on though later down the road. 
If I had to pick from your two Id probably go for McLaren as it would be good to progress them to the top of the constructors championship given their struggles over the last few years :)
yeah that's why I want to drive for them it hurts to see them at the back. Especially given some of my favourite drivers drove for them in their careers Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill & Jenson Button being just 3 of them. Plus I like that cars livery as well I know it doesn't have the Martini stripe but tbh I like it better without it anyway. Hopefully I can drag them forward somehow, it likely will take a while though but that's hopefully going to be the interesting part of the challenge.

McLaren with Alonso, if I max them with R&D then I'll move to RB with Ric. I assume that will set my 10 years as I don't play on 110 so I don't get max R&D % ability.

Sauber, Renault or Haas for me this year. 
Try to get to top team at some point, but for starters, at least at this moment, it's one of those 3. Sauber being the largest option...

I used to start with Sauber in 2017, but as I don't really can play more than 2 or 3 seasons and I never got out of that Sauber. I think I will start with a midfield runner this time and try to make Haas one of the big boys ;)

I'm torn between Sauber and Hass. I think it be fun driving Sauber and earning points will be big acievement.