Sign in to follow this  

Will this pc be ok to play f1 2014

I am looking to buy a pc and I would be grateful for any advice on the following pc I was looking at on Ebay. I would love a more expensive one but finance does not allow it.  This one costs £320, for pc only. 
  • AMD A8 6600K Quad Core Processor / CPU running at 3.9GHz (With 4.2GHz Turbo Mode!)
  • 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
  • LATEST AMD RADEON HD8570D Graphics!
  • 1TB SEAGATE Barracuda 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive With 64MB Cache
  • SAMSUNG 24X DVD / CD - RW Dual Layer Optical Disc Drive
  • MSI FM2-A55M-E35 uATX Motherboard (Full specifications of this board can be found here)
  • 500W Quiet Power Supply Featuring Large 120mm Cooling Fan
  • High Quality Vantage BLUE Desktop PC Gaming Case with 3 x 120mm BLUE LED Cooling Fans.
  • SD Memory Card Reader Built Into Top of Case
  • Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN
  • 6 X High Speed USB 2.0 Ports on Back Plus Further 2 On Top
  • 8 Channel HD Audio
  • 6 X SATA II 3GB/s Ports
  • 1 X PCI Express X16 Slot
  • 1 X PCI Express X1 Slot
  • 1 X PCI Slot
  • 2 X PS/2 Port (For Keyboard / Mouse)
  • 1 X VGA Port
  • 1 X DVI Port
  • 1 X HDMI Port (With Audio)
  • TRIPLE Monitor Support
  • UK Mains Power Cable Included
  • All Relevant Driver Discs Included
  • PLEASE NOTE: An Operating System is not included with this PC.

• Would this be ok to play game on and is it upgradable when 2015 comes out.  Is been long time since I had my last pc (grand prix 4)  and don't want to buy Xbox One. With all the falls with this game it must be great to put them right for the pc users out there with the mods that are available.  Must be like a different game to the one we play on our consoles. 
  • Big thanks for any advice

This is what I have and it runs F1 2013 on max settings at 60 fps on one screen:

Intel Haswell i5-4670K up to 3.4 GHz 
16 GB RAM - [8 GB x 2] DDR3-1866 ADATA XPG V2 
MSI Nvidia GTX 760 - 2 GB VRAM
Gigabyte GA-287X-OC Force Motherboard 
500 Watt PS with liquid cooling and fan 
2 TB HDD 
Blu-Ray Reader Combo Drive 
Onboard LAN Network 10/100 
Keyboard and gaming headset 

The biggest things to look for are the graphics card and CPU. My PC above is better in both these areas than the specs you provided. In my estimation, you won't be able to run on max settings at 60 fps, especially F1 2015.

If I were you, I would not buy a used pc from ebay. Instead buy new from someone like this website below. I bought from here last January and they provide 3 year hardware parts and customer service warranty included with the purchase. I've called them numerous times for help and they're pinpoint accurate every time. They will even help if and when I upgrade graphics card/parts. This is huge, especially if you haven't had a gaming pc since gp4. There's tons of driver updates and stuff, if you need to build your own:

http://www.ibuypower.com/

I recommend something like the $799 USD (497 pounds) daily deal gaming pc if you're budget conscious:

Intel i5-4690

AMD Radeon R9-290 - 4GB VRAM

1 TB Hard Drive w SSD

32 GB DDR3 - 2133

I wish I could find a pc with that quality and price in the UK,  especially with 32 go ram.  My max price I will have is £450. I have found another not from eBay.  Is this one better,Create a storm with the UKGC Tornado Gaming PC. Experience high-end gaming without having to re-mortgage your house! The powerful new AMD FX-4 4300 Black Edition 3.8Ghz quad core processor, on a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard starts this fantastic package off, offering good processing performance for your money. Equipped with, the best of the best, 8GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz RAM and 500GB of Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM hard disk storage will ensure you never get caught short. The graphics card is right up there with the big boys, an Nvidia GTX 660 2GB.

The Tornado is wrapped up nicely in the Zalman Z3 Plus case and powered by a powerful 500W Corsair 500CX power supply.

Thanks for reply,  I am trying to learn a bit more so I don't buy something I shouldn't especially for that much money. Well it is a lot for me.  Cheers

gadjet said:
I wish I could find a pc with that quality and price in the UK,  especially with 32 go ram.  My max price I will have is £450. I have found another not from eBay.  Is this one better,Create a storm with the UKGC Tornado Gaming PC. Experience high-end gaming without having to re-mortgage your house! The powerful new AMD FX-4 4300 Black Edition 3.8Ghz quad core processor, on a Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P motherboard starts this fantastic package off, offering good processing performance for your money. Equipped with, the best of the best, 8GB of Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600Mhz RAM and 500GB of Seagate Barracuda 7,200RPM hard disk storage will ensure you never get caught short. The graphics card is right up there with the big boys, an Nvidia GTX 660 2GB.

The Tornado is wrapped up nicely in the Zalman Z3 Plus case and powered by a powerful 500W Corsair 500CX power supply.

Thanks for reply,  I am trying to learn a bit more so I don't buy something I shouldn't especially for that much money. Well it is a lot for me.  Cheers

we have a PC thread in the off topic section of this forum you might wantto ask help from people like @Hughesy and RevolvingPrawn as they know their stiuff. Another place that might be useful for you to visit is Cyberpower where I got my latest gaming beast from.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/landingpages/intel/i7/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=intel&utm_term=i7

This is their website and were pretty good in helping me set mine up

sjsharp2010 said:
Another place that might be useful for you to visit is Cyberpower where I got my latest gaming beast from.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/landingpages/intel/i7/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=intel&utm_term=i7

I think the website that you provided and the one I provided above are the same business. Cyberpowerpc and ibuypower. They're both located on the same street in the same city within California, LOL!!!

You also live in the US?

sjsharp2010 said:
Another place that might be useful for you to visit is Cyberpower where I got my latest gaming beast from.

I think the website that you provided and the one I provided above are the same business. Cyberpowerpc and ibuypower. They're both located on the same street in the same city within California, LOL!!!

I've not dealt with ibyu power but I do know that CyberpowerPC are in the UK I saw their adverts and decided to give them a shot as I was looking to get a new PC at the time and I wanted a custom build machine at the best levels I could afford. I'm glad I turned to them as my PC has done an excellent job. I did have to change some things around after I bought it but still the system runs perfectly now.

They must have locations in multiple countries then. And yes, ibuypower and cyberpowerpc are all owned by the same company. And I also have nothing but praise for ibuypower. They did a great job custom building my gaming rig.

They must have locations in multiple countries then
I think they do as it does say they originated from the US on their site. They've got pretty high ratings from what I saw from customers that have done business with them which is why I turned to them myself. Will probably use them again next time I want to change my machine. But I hope that won't be for another 5/6 years

sjsharp2010 said:
They've got pretty high ratings from what I saw from customers that have done business with them which is why I turned to them myself. 
Yep. They take all the risk, time and guesswork out of buying a gaming pc.

Seabast318 said:
They're both located on the same street in the same city within California, LOL!!!
CyberPowerPC
730 Baldwin Park Blvd
City of Industry,
CA 91746

iBUYPOWER® Computer
529 N. Baldwin Park Blvd
City of Industry, California 91746

this is their UK address

NX Power (UK) Ltd t/a Cyberpower UK
Unit B11, Kingsway Interchange,
Eleventh Avenue,
Team Valley Trading Estate,
Gateshead,
Tyne and Wear,
NE11 0JY
UK

Yeah I turned to them as I was looking to get a machine that was up to spec with the XB1/PS4 systems as I didn't feel my old system had much more life left in it when it came to handling the latest games I live in the UK so it made  sense to go with them. Cost the better part of £2000 to get the system I wanted but it was worth it. But I wanted the best I could afford so was willing to spend it.

Seabast318 said: And yes, ibuypower and cyberpowerpc are all owned by the same company.

Correction, these two companies are direct competitors to each other. I just called them to confirm. iBuyPower has operations in the US and Canada.

Cheers sjsharp I have just posted a comment on were you said to be able to continue pursuit of a new pc. 
I do live in the UK for buying one, I only have little reads on what mods are available as I can't wait to update the game. Is the difference big from the original game with all the changes you have made for your pc or just minimal changes to F1 2014?
Thanks for all advice on this thread

gadjet said:
Cheers sjsharp I have just posted a comment on were you said to be able to continue pursuit of a new pc. 
I do live in the UK for buying one, I only have little reads on what mods are available as I can't wait to update the game. Is the difference big from the original game with all the changes you have made for your pc or just minimal changes to F1 2014?
Thanks for all advice on this thread
I don't tend to use a lot of mods personally but gaming on PC is generally better as games generally run smoother and with my disability I find it easier to  configure games to my liking as I can choose between the mouse/keyboard approach or the controller depending on the game I'm playing. When it comes to games like F1 2014 and the Fifa's and such though they use the same engines as their console counterparts so in terms of overall graphics quality there isn't much difference although PC's do generally look slightly better but then I think that's generally down to the frame rate but that's all determined by the hardware you have in your system.

You can buy barebones pc and then add your own components as time and money allow. Overclockers.co.uk do them. Worth taking a look