Sign in to follow this  

Started race in pole, finish 19

Hi, I normally do the 12 position in Qualy and 14 in race with McLaren in career, no assists, wheel and 50% race and Legend. Ok, I did the monaco Qualy, and did the Pole position (very big difference of difficulty between tracks). 39 Laps, and 69% rain expected. Start with option tires, pit stop and put option again. I'm 1rst saving fuel and saving tires. Start raining 4 laps later, and put inters. Now is when the A.I. fly. In the last lap before put Inters, the track was wet and very difficult, but A.I. still doing SAME times. We put Inters, and A.I. now is 1 second better than me per lap. Rain more in 10 laps, and we put Wet tires (they sitll doing very good laps and me trying to keep in the track with the same tires...). Put Wet tires, and now they are 2 seconds faster than me. I finished 19, the last position. I'm not bad in wet conditions, but I think A.I. don't have traction problems NEVER.

This was always an issue in EVERY F1 game. If you have rain last laps, you will be passed unless you can block the track. 
How the rain middle race works in EVERY F1? Count 3 laps. First 2 laps you'll see rain pouring down but you and AI will be racing at same pace, third lap track "gets wet" and you have to enter, AI won't. You put inters tires and you might have a chance against AI. If you don't go that lap, you'll race half of the lap on ice while AI will keep driving as if nothing is happening, they race like they are on dry. 
Mind you I'm racing 25% of the race, so I don't know if the same number of laps applies to more racing laps. 
Every year is the same, rains every race, AI is not affected by mid race rain, it only works when it's already raining. 

Lordax said:
This was always an issue in EVERY F1 game. If you have rain last laps, you will be passed unless you can block the track. 
How the rain middle race works in EVERY F1? Count 3 laps. First 2 laps you'll see rain pouring down but you and AI will be racing at same pace, third lap track "gets wet" and you have to enter, AI won't. You put inters tires and you might have a chance against AI. If you don't go that lap, you'll race half of the lap on ice while AI will keep driving as if nothing is happening, they race like they are on dry. 
Mind you I'm racing 25% of the race, so I don't know if the same number of laps applies to more racing laps. 
Every year is the same, rains every race, AI is not affected by mid race rain, it only works when it's already raining. 
This was not the case in F1 2010. In F1 2010, the AI was extremely slow in the wet. If you had a wet race, you were pretty much guaranteed a win.

Lordax said:
I think you describe it very well, 3 laps raining, but 2 are only visual and suddently, it comes wet.

Awong124 said:
Lordax said:
This was not the case in F1 2010. In F1 2010, the AI was extremely slow in the wet. If you had a wet race, you were pretty much guaranteed a win.
In 2010 y have VERY problems beacuse raining phisics and visual was not mismatched. You could see the track very very wet and go with option tires because really was not raining. Or don't see the rain but drive as raining very much. Of course A.I. knew that and put tires in the correct lap. 

Might be a thing with 25% races if this happening all the time? I always do 100% carrer and 50% coop and never had the problem of them going faster than me in the cross over from dry to wet tyres (wet tyres yes) If anything this is where I usually gain alot of time as the AI often stay out 1 lap longer than they should and I gain a big gap to the cars I am racing (silverstone I pitted with hamilton 2 sec behind me and caught him back up before he pitted the nxt lap) If you guys are pitting after 3 laps of rain falling that is to early imo as most races it needs to rain for good few minutes to switch to the inters. There have always been bugs with the weather and AI but not come across them not slowing down at all as the track gets wet, like I said if anything most of the time they pit a lap to late and loose loads of time from it in my experience with 14 so far

I think I know the problem.

Your setup was probably fixed for a dry race and the AI cars had their setups fixed for wet race. That's why they were faster than you in wet conditions.

Bobino12 said:

Your setup was probably fixed for a dry race and the AI cars had their setups fixed for wet race. That's why they were faster than you in wet conditions.

No, because my setup was a full wet setup, because I knew that it can rain and was monaco, and hig aero setup.

Bobino12 said:

I believe the AI always run the standard setup.