Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 Release Time

Alastre said:
Got the code from cd key for steam, downloaded it but it doesnt let you play..
You will only be able to play it after midnight tonight, UK time.

I've preordered on the PS4 - can confirm the countdown is for midnight local time so hopefully will be able to play once the clock ticks over local time (Australia)
So why is it at 9 am in the USA on PS4? What the hell? @Faya why is this?

Ho3n3r said:
Alastre said:
Got the code from cd key for steam, downloaded it but it doesnt let you play..
You will only be able to play it after midnight tonight, UK time.
Yup, it Will be a long Wait hehe

cjhill said:
I ordered a hard copy of the PC version because I am old school and it was cheaper than on Steam.

It arrived today. The game is spread over 4 disks. I have started the installation process and entered the steam verification code but now it is stuck on the 'Preload' dialogue box and just says...

Creating local game files...

Preparing F12018 files for install.

Does this mean I have to wait until release at midnight for the game to start downloading? Or is my installation just stuck? 
Same here I have purchased dvd version on Amazon the I have istalled from dvd but steam has stopped with download an update... for 2 hours now start pre download.... dvd version its useless

PolTTK said:
I've preordered on the PS4 - can confirm the countdown is for midnight local time so hopefully will be able to play once the clock ticks over local time (Australia)
I came here to ask this same thing. I'm on the west coast, says I can't play until 7 AM tomorrow (8/24). I was going to contact Sony to ask why this is.

FT1 said:
PolTTK said:
I came here to ask this same thing. I'm on the west coast, says I can't play until 7 AM tomorrow (8/24). I was going to contact Sony to ask why this is.
Not worth it. I asked Playstation on twitter, they told me to contact Codies. I contacted Codies, Lee Mather and Jenny on twitter, no answer. Also sent them an email, nothing yet. Also made a thread here and tagged @Faya and nothing yet.

Flynco said:
cjhill said:
I ordered a hard copy of the PC version because I am old school and it was cheaper than on Steam.

It arrived today. The game is spread over 4 disks. I have started the installation process and entered the steam verification code but now it is stuck on the 'Preload' dialogue box and just says...

Does this mean I have to wait until release at midnight for the game to start downloading? Or is my installation just stuck? 
Same here I have purchased dvd version on Amazon the I have istalled from dvd but steam has stopped with download an update... for 2 hours now start pre download.... dvd version its useless
At what stage did it say 'download an update? That could be the day 1 patch?

My download speed is awful (850kbps) so it will take 8 hours total to install. Am currently around 40%

Those were the days when you could chuck a CD in and the game would actually install in less than 1 hour. I suppose they call it progress. 

Can we actually clarify if the game unlocks at midnight on PC/Steam? People said last years did, but some are saying that it won't unlock until 6pm BST which surely is stupid? I've got the game a day early on disc but holding off installing in case it messes up, why should PC have to wait that long? Unless that's total rubbish?

Flynco said:
In Italy ( dvd version) it is a waste of time.... wait until tomorrow..... 

Doesn't mean its a waste for me. I've seen plenty of people install it and have no issues, and my internet connection is great. My worry is it doesn't unlock at midnight, but seeing as it did last year it shouldn't be an issue...

cjhill said:
Flynco said:
cjhill said:

At what stage did it say 'download an update? That could be the day 1 patch?

My download speed is awful (850kbps) so it will take 8 hours total to install. Am currently around 40%

Those were the days when you could chuck a CD in and the game would actually install in less than 1 hour. I suppose they call it progress. 
At least your download speed isn't bouncing around 50 - 200kbps  :D

kelsh003 said:
Flynco said:
In Italy ( dvd version) it is a waste of time.... wait until tomorrow..... 

Doesn't mean its a waste for me. I've seen plenty of people install it and have no issues, and my internet connection is great. My worry is it doesn't unlock at midnight, but seeing as it did last year it shouldn't be an issue...
Yes I mean at moment is no possible to install and play...