Sign in to follow this  

Fix the pitstop strategies as fast as possible!

Watching the videos from the career mode from the big youtubers makes me VERY angry seeing the front runners making 2stops and coming home behind Formula B cars with a 2stop strategy! First of all the front runners WOULD catch the time of which the would loose in a 2nd pit stop and besides that 90% of all races so far this season was an one-stop strategy from most of the cars, but most important MOST/ALL of the frontrunners..
Monaco is the worst thing I have ever seen from a strategy point of view! NOONE, litterally NOBODY is making two stops around Monaco voluntary since years. And even this year, the front runners were capabale of doing an one stop with the hypers and the could do this even with HS to US! (Same in Canada...)

The game has RND once u have upgraded the chassis side on tyre wear then it will be like real life whats the point of having rnd in the game if the cars are already up to sctratc same as 2017 take mercthe were doing 2 stop races on what should be 1 stop in reality but once I upgraded the tyre wear on chassis side doing 1 stop races were before was 2 

I agree the pit strategies, at least in 50% races don't work as the top three teams haven't managed to clear the cars behind by at least a pit stop margin by the time they come in for new tyres. I believe their first pit stop is too soon and they should look at saving their tyres for a one-stop. This may not technically be the fastest way to run a race, but when you take traffic into the equation, it's the way to go.

The real 2018 races have been exactly like this. Teams prefer to save tyres and one-stop rather than two-stop and get held up behind others. 

As for the R&D aspect, patronas, I feel that tyre wear upgrades would still be relevant, as you'd have to do less tyre saving in order to make a one-stop work thus driving faster. 

I do hope this issue has been or will be forwarded to the team, @Faya , as it's affected the realism of the outcome of 50% races, at least in the game version YouTubers are running.

They definitely need to fix this problem. It is so unrealistic. The top teams always lose out due to this. Everyone should do the 1 stop and not just the drivers out of the top 10.

I don't mind that much. They are doing a 50% race so there isn't enough time to jump the midpack before pitting. There wouldn't be an issue with 100% races. Although to be fair, if they are consistently doing 1 stops in real life, then they should be doing one stops in the game as well.

It's definitely frustrating watching multiple career videos at Monaco and seeing Magnussen win twice and Alonso once because they did the one stop and the top cars all got stuck in traffic on two stops. 

It's likely unique to 50% races, 25% will likely all be 1 stop and 100% would give the top cars enough time to build the gap on a 2 stop and join ahead of the midfield cars. 

50% races definitely need fixing though, particularly at Monaco, the AI should be able to easily do a 1 stop with hypers then super softs.

Yes 25% is always one stop. For 25% this issue never occurs. The only fix I have in mind is to scale tyre wear to distance., but that causes problems for 25%. Then you have to pit every 5 laps, which is ridiculous.