Jump to content Jump to content

Getting Ready To Race With F1® 2018's Multiplayer Super Licence

Faya

• Social Media & Community Team
Is anyone else starting to have difficulty with raising their Safety Rating even after clean races?

I’ve done a bunch of races this evening where I have kept the car on the track, had zero warnings and even finished in 1st place, and the Safety Rating only goes up by one or two percent. Race distance didn’t seem to matter as I tried this in both 5 Lap and 25% Distance Lobbies.

@Britpoint, could you shed some light on effective ways to increase your rating? I feel like I’m doing the right things but not getting anywhere right now.
  • Codemasters Staff
PJTierney said:
Is anyone else starting to have difficulty with raising their Safety Rating even after clean races?

I’ve done a bunch of races this evening where I have kept the car on the track, had zero warnings and even finished in 1st place, and the Safety Rating only goes up by one or two percent. Race distance didn’t seem to matter as I tried this in both 5 Lap and 25% Distance Lobbies.

@Britpoint, could you shed some light on effective ways to increase your rating? I feel like I’m doing the right things but not getting anywhere right now.
It is basically total distance driven  / total incidents over a period of time. And you're right in that it is implemented in such a way that it shouldn't matter if you're doing 5 lap or 25%. 

Position isn't a factor, just incidents or lack thereof. What rating are you? I expect progress to slow down quite a lot in A and S
Britpoint said:
PJTierney said:

It is basically total distance driven  / total incidents over a period of time. And you're right in that it is implemented in such a way that it shouldn't matter if you're doing 5 lap or 25%. 

Position isn't a factor, just incidents or lack thereof. What rating are you? I expect progress to slow down quite a lot in A and S
I was at A but the Achievement related to it didn't unlock for some reason, so I (safely) dropped down in an attempt to unlock that Achievement by hitting the A-Rating trigger again.

More info on that bug here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/138782/xbox-one-x-multiplayer-achievement-safety-first-not-unlocking

Right now I'm around C/40%. I'm having clean races with no incidents and the percentage doesn't seem to be rising all that much, whereas on launch day I was going up 20-30% per race.
@Britpoint Was there a Rank Reset on Xbox today?

My Skill and Safety Ratings have been reset to Placement status and judging by the ranks of the people who are in this evening’s Lobbies many others appear to be doing Placement races also.
I’m fast losing patience with this game on ranked lobbies.

i completed three 5 lap races on ranked lobbies and my safety rating decreased by 3-5% after each race, despite getting no warnings. Yes, 0 warnings.

Im pulling my hair out. What am I supposed to do? I was an A safety rating before the patch came out and now I’m on the verge of becoming a C.

i don’t even cut corners on strict! Can someone from Codies please help me?

am I doing something wrong? This is so infuriating right now and I feel like giving up with ranked lobbies - after absolutely loving them up until the patch.

i completed three 5 lap races on ranked lobbies and my safety rating decreased by 3-5% after each race, despite getting no warnings. Yes, 0 warnings.

Im pulling my hair out. What am I supposed to do? I was an A safety rating before the patch came out and now I’m on the verge of becoming a C.

am I doing something wrong? This is so infuriating right now and I feel like giving up with ranked lobbies - after absolutely loving them up until the patch.

Ok, so eventually I seem to be getting increases again - however they’re absolutely minimal.

clean race at Monaco...yes Monaco...no warnings. And I get a +1 on the safety rating?!?! +1?!?!

what a waste of time 

Same for me.

Im trying to get back up to A as I should have the Achievement for doing so but it didn’t unlock despite me meeting the requirements. Even with clean races, larger lobbies and minimal warnings I’m now on the verge of going down to D.

The system right now seems happy to punish drivers for negative play but reluctant to reward them for the opposite.

Im going to abandon Multiplayer now until version 1.05 hits Xbox One. If things fail to improve after that update I’ll wait until 1.06, and failing that I’ll drop Multiplayer altogether as Forza Horizon 4 is fast approaching.
PJTierney said:

Same for me.

Im trying to get back up to A as I should have the Achievement for doing so but it didn’t unlock despite me meeting the requirements. Even with clean races, larger lobbies and minimal warnings I’m now on the verge of going down to D.

The system right now seems happy to punish drivers for negative play but reluctant to reward them for the opposite.

Im going to abandon Multiplayer now until version 1.05 hits Xbox One. If things fail to improve after that update I’ll wait until 1.06, and failing that I’ll drop Multiplayer altogether as Forza Horizon 4 is fast approaching.
Glad it’s not just me.

im not perfect, but I do consider myself a clean driver and this game is simply not recognising this.

i have a S safety rating on GT Sport and A safety rating on Project Cars 2, yet on this game I am driving within myself, just to try and keep above a C rating.

ridiculous Codies :-(
Same here; Platinum in Gran Turismo Sport, max League Rating in Forza Motorsport 7, and I was in A on F1 2018 until I tried to resolve a bug I experienced (and then had my rank reset to Placement anyway due to another issue).

It’s just not fun anymore.  :/

@Britpoint 

Hi Ive only skimmed through the posts about online but I get impression no one can agree, and different racers want different things AI aggression increase - degrease, corner reg - strict,
do you know if Codemasters are concidering more options in rank lobbys,
with new players just finding thier feet, average players, seasoned veterans all in the same no practise one shot qauli to nail to pole, 5laps to get to the front for a poduim, add different views which have different restrictions doesnt seem fair on all party's.
How is it possible that my safety rating decreased 2% in last 2 races after there haven’t even been a single warning? I have been driving 2x 25% races today and on both races it droped 1%. Yesterday I drove 3 races, and on the last one, I got 1 penalty point for slight corner cutting. 2 races before that were also clean.

1. Race 0 warnings
2. Race 0 warnings
3. Race 2 warnings for corner cutting and 1 penalty point
4. Race 0 warnings
5. Race 0 warnings

I suppose safety rating should be increasing instead of decreasing in these situations as it’s just A 66%... And this isn’t even the first time when there is weird behavior on the safety rating, it decreases whenever it wants to and might increase fast 40% or so on.

Also you should do something with penalizing. Sometimes I get 2 penalty points for speeding in the pitlane if someone drives to the rear of my car when coming to the pitlane.

Also my friend got penalty points (and drive through penalty) for a fault start after someone else took the faulstart and drove to his car’s rear. You should ghost these faulstart guys until the start is really done.
@Britpoint I managed to string together 6 clean races tonight with no penalties whatsoever.

My rating went from D/95% to B/25% which is good, but once I hit B the progress simply halted with successive clean races. I tried backing out of the first lobby (which was full of Ds and Cs) and into one with more Bs but even a successful clean race in here gave me zero point gain. 

I dont know what else I can do to get back up to A and potentially unlock the Achievement that I was supposed to get on September 1, so I’m going to abandon Multiplayer again until version 1.07 becomes available. 

I don’t know if the issue is with Codemasters or Xbox at this point; should I contact Xbox Support and see if they can help?
The safety rating is completely broken. I drive a 5-lap ranking, from pole, without contact, without mistakes and get a negative safety rating of minus 15% THAT CAN NOT BE! I would have a safety rating of S 100% before patch 1.05, since patch 1.05 this rating goes down extremely groundless for no reason even if you make no mistakes or cause collisions! Give me my 100% S again !!!
https://youtu.be/Gd0xOyZdjTY

Just a Question to all:

Currently "S - D" Licences still all race in the same Public Ranked Lobbys.

Why is this so and when will it start "Blocking" a say D Rated driver from driving with higher rated Drivers.

Is the Online Player Base still too small , or is there some grace period.

Because without eventually seperating everyone , what was the point in the first place ?
The safety rating is completely broken. I drive a 5-lap ranking, from pole, without contact, without mistakes and get a negative safety rating of minus 15% THAT CAN NOT BE! I would have a safety rating of S 100% before patch 1.05, since patch 1.05 this rating goes down extremely groundless for no reason even if you make no mistakes or cause collisions! Give me my 100% S again !!!
https://youtu.be/Gd0xOyZdjTY

Your Safety Rating was at 0% (Meaning enough races and you will drop to a lower rank I think). This may be the cause.3
I think most of us already know that the race stats are not saving, the Wins, Podiums etc get reset after exiting the game. But to fix this bug, will everyone's Super License (Rank, Safety Rating, Level) eventually have to be reset? (Like last year where the Levels were all reset?) Or are the stats calculating in the background but just not showing? Because the Milestones still appear to be working to some degree. I'm sure no one wants to spend hours and days on the game only to have the progress reset to zero.
  • 2 weeks later...
 I used to turn off the game  sometime, while I was in a Ranked lobby and some guy hit me from behind or from side in first corner after start ( and don't have to be a divebombing hit, just easy regular incidents ), cause I knew that even if I drive perfectly after that first corner, I'll drop down in Safety rating percents. It's still bad at the moment, they need to improve in coming updates !
 And one more thing : all categories mixed togethr in Ranked lobbies ?!? Codemasters said they fixed it at a previous update

Archived