Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Replay problems when using Logitech wheels

I have both the 2013 and 2014 PC games.  In both games, when I try to replay a lap (or grand prix, whatever), with the logitech wheel plugged in, the fast forard and rewind buttons (F2 and F3 on the keyboard) are lit up and active.  This prevents the play button (F1) from working at all.  I can only make the replay play forward by holding the fast forward key down.  When I let go of the key, the replay automatically rewinds back to the beginning.  If I unplug the logitech wheel (g27), and plug in a regular game controller, then the replay controls work fine.  This behavior is consistent with both 2013 and 2014 games and with various logitech wheels.  Is there a setting I haven't got right?  This is rather frustrating.  Is there a known make/model of wheel that will behave correctly with these games?

I should also add that when I use the fast foward with the logitech wheels, the forward is not fast at all, but rather in slow motion.  Even the sound from the game is slowed down (and lower in pitch). This is very odd.  Please help.

What this could be:

In those games, the steering wheel itself acts as the rewinds and fast forward buttons. Whenever I have mine at full left lock, it rewinds the replay, even if I don't touch the keyboard. Full right lock, and it fast forwards the replay. So perhaps when the replay is in slow motion, the wheel is at a slight angle, meaning the replay is slowed down.

It could be something completely different, but this is what happens when I use my DFGT.

Thanks for the feedback Skiddyboy13, but my situation seems a little different.  In my situation, when the wheel is centered, both the rewind AND fast forward are engaged at the same time (both buttons are lit up on the screen).  The play/pause button doesn't do anything.  For now, I swap out the wheel with a regular controller if I want to watch the replay.  I then swap the wheel back in when I want to drive.

I had this issue myself on F1 2012, and managed to solve it. Unfortunately, due to the new forums, the solution is lost.

Anyway, please check if you have the "Combined Pedals" enabled?

Nope, they should not be combine. You may want to try putting in a very small steering dead zone to see if that helps. 

I would also make sure it is truly centered.

I have not played F1 in a while, it may also be possible to remap the replay controls, I'll try to check it out next time I fire up the game.

The problem was the lack of a proper profiler.  I didn't have the separate logitech profiler app.  Rather was using with what I downloaded to setup the wheel.  Through the control panel interface I could test that the wheel worked, all buttons as well as brake and throttle.  However it didn't seem to see the clutch pedal or shifter (but doesn't matter for F1).  I downloaded the profiler app that's the current one on the logitech site, v 8.57.485.  This turns out to not be good for their wheel products, just mice, joysticks and keyboards.  Finally found v5.10.127 from 2010 (and is the most up to date version that supports the wheel).  Long story short, once I got the profiler in there, the replay stuff started working fine, and now I have to get the force feedback settings right. ;-)

Does anyone know how the replay buttons (e.g. F1, F2, etc) are mapped to a wheel? I have the  DFGT and cannot figure out how to access them from the wheel. I know button 3 is mapped to F6, but that's about it.