Sign in to follow this  

BUGS! Get the spray.

Operator1 said:
Watching the forum fill up with pages of bug report threads so fast, I can't help but wonder what the point of the (pre-launch) beta was... I also can't help but wonder why pre-launch "reviews" gave such favorable scores encouraging people to buy.
So what did you expect? Of course this game is going to have some bugs, and this is a forum on release day; it's pretty much all you're going to be reading. The minority of people who encounter major issues come here to report, while the rest is quietly enjoying the game. A collection of complaints from all around the world, it tends to paint an overly negative picture obviously.

LOL thanks, I forgot to list that one: "forums only represent a tiny minority of complainers, but the silent majority is very happy." I'll edit my previous post & add that. ;)

Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
Watching the forum fill up with pages of bug report threads so fast, I can't help but wonder what the point of the (pre-launch) beta was... I also can't help but wonder why pre-launch "reviews" gave such favorable scores encouraging people to buy.
So what did you expect? Of course this game is going to have some bugs, and this is a forum on release day; it's pretty much all you're going to be reading. The minority of people who encounter major issues come here to report, while the rest is quietly enjoying the game. A collection of complaints from all around the world, it tends to paint an overly negative picture obviously.

LOL thanks, I forgot to list that one: "forums only represent a tiny minority of complainers, but the silent majority is very happy."

Right, so do you even have the game, or do you actually base your opinion on the complaints of other people? 

Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:

LOL thanks, I forgot to list that one: "forums only represent a tiny minority of complainers, but the silent majority is very happy."
Right, so do you even have the game, or do you actually base your opinion on the complaints of other people? 

LOL! Why would I be in a hurry to buy a game that already has so many bug reports?
Pages of bug reports from multiple people across multiple platforms
+ bug reports on multiple outlets (official forum, Reddit, social media, etc.)
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??

Operator1 said:

Hang on! If these are major bugs, how is it only affecting the minority? Sense/logic out of window!

Operator1 said:

LOL! Why would I be in a hurry to buy a game that already has so many bug reports?
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??

So you form your opinion of a game based on the amount of bug reports on its forum on release day. I take it you haven't bought any games at all for well over a decade then.. :D

They Like to Copy Paste the originial broken Code , and not copy the "Sort of Fixed" Patched up Code.
and no source to back you up.

UP100 said:
They Like to Copy Paste the originial broken Code , and not copy the "Sort of Fixed" Patched up Code.
and no source to back you up.

What source does he need?

We can see that sub optimal code they have previously corrected, isn't carried forward to the next iteration.

Every Year. 

Operator1 said:

I expect the usual cycle of defensive excuses/justifications to return yet again:
• "it's a pre-launch version, so just be patient & wait for the finished version at launch"
• "it's the day-one version, so just be patient & wait for the day-one patch"
• "it's only the day-one-patched version, so just be patient & wait for them to go through all the bug reports & see if they release more patches later (after they get back from their post-launch vacation)"
• "they can't support it forever, and it's time for them to move on to developing their next game, so just be patient & wait for them to address problems in future installments"
• "forums only represent a tiny minority of complainers, but the silent majority is very happy"
• "you can't please everybody; nothing is perfect; some people are just never satisfied; if you don't like it, don't play it; go start your own game company if you think you can do better"
...etc.

Oh here we go again. People that definitely not know what they are talking about are gonna a criticize a game they don't even own ?

I've seen and read the reviews, I own and played the game and one thing is certain those reviewers are 1000 times more objective about the game than your ranting and just talking trash about stuff where you don't have any knowledge about. You don't own the game so don't act like you know anything about F1 2018.

Operator1 said:
Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:

+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??

Because it would make you sound less like a hypocrite! Isn't it you that was saying reviewers should play the game intensively on a paid copy before  being able to give an objective view? Well than do what you preach and buy the game and criticize the hell out of it  or otherwise just ...

Operator1 said:

+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??
So you form your opinion of a game based on the amount of bug reports on its forum on release day. I take it you haven't bought any games at all for well over a decade then.. :D

LOL... Uh yeah, it's called: trying to make informed buying decisions by doing a little research before purchasing. You are partially correct: I have indeed not bought any games at launch for well over a decade. Why would I? That's when games typically have the most problems. The industry has taught me to wait for at least the first post-launch patch or two before I consider buying so that I can hopefully avoid wasting my money & my recreational time playing busted games.

I would hope even you could see how little sense it makes for consumers to rush into buying based on hype, vague marketing, and 'highly recommended' first-impressions from partial play-throughs by click-thirsty content creators (who get perks from game companies) while simultaneously ignoring pages of bug reports.

I would hope even you could see how little sense it makes to say something like: "If so many people are already reporting so many bugs, why don't you hand over your money now for a copy so you can experience those bugs for yourself today?"

...Then if somebody buys the game & joins the chorus of complaints about bugs, they fall into the trap of being told something like: "You knew the series had a history of bugs and you saw the bug reports for this new release, so you shouldn't be complaining when you knew what you were getting."

When others express their views about games, game companies, and/or gaming industry practices & trends, it's not a personal attack against you, so I don't understand why you & others get so personal about it.

BelgiumDude said:
Oh here we go again. People that definitely not know what they are talking about are gonna a criticize a game they don't even own ?

I've seen and read the reviews, I own and played the game and one thing is certain those reviewers are 1000 times more objective about the game than your ranting and just talking trash about stuff where you don't have any knowledge about. You don't own the game so don't act like you know anything about F1 2018. 
Operator1 said:
Why would I be in a hurry to buy a game that already has so many bug reports?
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??
Because it would make you sound less like a hypocrite! Isn't it you that was saying reviewers should play the game intensively on a paid copy before  being able to give an objective view? Well than do what you preach and buy the game and criticize the hell out of it  or otherwise just ...

Show me where I've said F1 2018 sucks.
Go ahead, I'll wait...
...Back now?
Didn't find it?
Exactly.
Because I have not attacked the game.
I have criticized some of the company's prior missteps, some of the game's marketing, some of the game's so-called 'reviews,' some of the typical defenses apologists commonly use to justify bugs, and some of what I expect to see going forward based on historical patterns, but I have not attacked this game.

Like many others, I am just a consumer trying to make informed decisions about how to spend my money & how to spend my recreational time. It only makes sense that I would make an effort to look a bit beyond the hype, the vague marketing, and the 'highly recommended' first-impressions from partial play-throughs by click-thirsty 'content creators' (who get perks from game companies) before I rush into buying. Pages of bug reports provide valuable & valid information for potential buyers to consider.

I would hope even you could see how little sense it makes to say something like: "If so many people are already reporting so many bugs, why don't you hand over your money now for a copy so you can experience those bugs for yourself today?"

...Then if somebody buys the game & joins the chorus of complaints about bugs, they fall into the trap of being told something like: "You knew the series had a history of bugs and you saw the bug reports for this new release, so you shouldn't be complaining when you knew what you were getting."

When others express their views about games, game companies, and/or gaming industry practices & trends, it's not a personal attack against you, so I don't understand why you & others get so personal about it.

Thank you guys! You buy the day one edition and tell me that the same bugs are happening... Now go ahead and next year buy again the the day one, and don't forget to come here and tell me if there are tons of the same bugs.

Operator1 said:

BelgiumDude said:

Operator1 said:
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??

Go ahead, I'll wait...
...Back now?
Didn't find it?
Exactly.
I have criticized some of the company's prior missteps, some of the game's marketing, some of the game's so-called 'reviews,' some of the typical defenses apologists commonly use to justify bugs, and some of what I expect to see going forward based on historical patterns, but I have not attacked this game.

Like many others, I am just a consumer trying to make informed decisions about how to spend my money & how to spend my recreational time. It only makes sense that I would make an effort to look a bit beyond the hype, the vague marketing, and the 'highly recommended' first-impressions from partial play-throughs by click-thirsty 'content creators' (who get perks from game companies) before I rush into buying. Pages of bug reports provide valuable & valid information for potential buyers to consider.

Don't start that game with me. Where did you see me saying that? I said you are criticizing the game without knowing what you are talking about and it's all over the forum so just a pick a post. Almost all your posts this year are like that. 

A week ago we were in the same boat. I did not know how the game was and you did not know. You could have been right. I admit you were in my head because starting up the game I was very negative about what I was gonna experience. How could the game be so :much better without any significant improvements that you can see on a video. But once I started playing I was really amazed Codemasters really pulled off. Just like the reviewers said. Now you are trying to justify yourself with bug reports whilst you are smart enough to know that a lot of reports are not bugs. The most reported bug I've seen is that the wheel on screen is not moving. It's a setting.

I know you (I'm talking about your passion for racing games only) I even defended you in a private message where someone said I should. not take you serious. Because I know you mean well. But every year you become more and more disgruntled. Until this release you had my respect. But this year you really lost that. I guess something in your private life went sour and I really hope you will recover from that or whatever is making you that angry old man.. Because you don't sound anymore like the wise man I used to encounter here. 

Swallow your pride and join us ?

Edit: You disagree? You think I should take you serious? Not gonna work like this 

Operator1 said:
BelgiumDude said:

Operator1 said:
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??
Go ahead, I'll wait...
...Back now?
Didn't find it?
Exactly.

Don't start that game with me. Where did you see me saying that? I said you are criticizing the game without knowing what you are talking about and it's all over the forum so just a pick a post. Almost all your posts this year are like that. 

A week ago we were in the same boat. I did not know how the game was and you did not know. You could have been right. I admit you were in my head because starting up the game I was very negative about what I was gonna experience. How could the game be so :much better without any significant improvements that you can see on a video. But once I started playing I was really amazed Codemasters really pulled off. Just like the reviewers said. Now you are trying to justify yourself with bug reports whilst you are smart enough to know that a lot of reports are not bugs. The most reported bug I've seen is that the wheel on screen is not moving. It's a setting.

I know you (I'm talking about your passion for racing games only) I even defended you in a private message where someone said I should. not take you serious. Because I know you mean well. But every year you become more and more disgruntled. Until this release you had my respect. But this year you really lost that. I guess something in your private life went sour and I really hope you will recover from that or whatever is making you that angry old man.. Because you don't sound anymore like the wise man I used to encounter here. 

Edit: You disagree? You think I should take you serious? Not gonna work like this 

I don't care if you take me seriously or not, because it's not about me - I wish more people would take reliable functional quality more seriously so that game companies would take it more seriously and deliver more of it for all of us. (I also wish it was a topic people could discuss without stooping to personal attacks, but that appears to be far beyond much of humanity's current stage of evolution.)

Operator1 said:

Operator1 said:
BelgiumDude said:

Operator1 said:
+ screenshots of bugs
+ videos of bugs
= #FakeNews ??
Go ahead, I'll wait...
...Back now?
Didn't find it?
Exactly.

I don't care if you take me seriously or not, because it's not about me - I wish more people would take reliable functional quality more seriously so that game companies would take it more seriously and deliver more of it for all of us. (I also wish it was a topic people could discuss without stooping to personal attacks, but that appears to be far beyond much of humanity's current stage of evolution.)

But you have to choose your fights wisely. This is a yearly franchise. If you are realistic about game companies you have to admit Codemasters is doing a great job. What I do notice on this forum and what you also should understand is that what you read on this forum is all about what is wrong but almost never about what codemaster did right. No thank you notes for details were people were exaggeratedly nagging about last year. You can switch helmets between GP's for example. Since the helmet editor is there people have been complaining you could not change it. It's there now and nobody seems to care.  :) But there are a lot of these tiny details people have been asking over and over again that seem to be going unnoticed. So it's not like Codemaster doesn't listen to what people ask for.

And where do you see a personal attack? I'm honestly worried about you. 

Operator1 said:

Light up man, it was a joke :)  This is actually an interesting conversation topic and I'm keen on keeping it constructive. Earlier, I was highlighting that forums are not usually the best place to get a balanced image of the amount of issues that you as an individual are likely to encounter when playing it, and thus the sort of experience you're likely to have with it. That doesn't mean these problems don't exist or shouldn't be fixed, but when gathered and put in one place, issues that might have a low probability of happening can easily make something appear to be dysfunctional.

I'm actually going to use another game as an example here for a minute, God of War. A game that is considered to be one of the highest quality and polished releases of its generation. Now, what happens when you visit its forum? https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War/bd-p/416 As expected, scroll down just a little bit, and the forum will make it seem like a bug ridden game that was never ready to be released. Multiple pages of bug reports, just like we have here.

Now personally in over 60 hours of playing that specific game, I did not encounter a single issue at any point, and it's likely the same for the majority of players. So the reason I'm somewhat defensive here, is because I think that how you quickly discarded my point about forums being a critical minority as some laughable excuse to 'justify bugs' earlier, is completely unfair. I don't justify bugs, I acknowledge those issues being there, even if I don't encounter them first hand, and I feel it is the developer's obligation to fix them. But I also think it's pretty common sense that forums are usually a place where complaints are more common than praise regardless of quality, as is demonstrated by this example as well.

As for my own experience with the new F1 game and its reception so far; myself and many others from my league talk about it via app-groups and game parties on a daily basis, and the vast majority is massively enjoying it without encountering many, if any of the major issues that are mentioned here on this forum. If I wouldn't have had the game and I visited this place; I'd probably think that it was a complete failure of a game as well, you couldn't blame anyone for thinking that when seeing these topics. I'm only defending the many positive experiences and opinions that get drowned so easily in a place that tends to focus on everything negative for a change.

Worntoathread said:
Light up man, it was a joke :)  This is actually an interesting conversation topic and I'm keen on keeping it constructive. Earlier, I was highlighting that forums are not usually the best place to get a balanced image of the amount of issues that you as an individual are likely to encounter when playing it, and thus the sort of experience you're likely to have with it. That doesn't mean these problems don't exist or shouldn't be fixed, but when gathered and put in one place, issues that might have a low probability of happening can easily make something appear to be dysfunctional.

I'm actually going to use another game as an example here for a minute, God of War. A game that is considered to be one of the highest quality and polished releases of its generation. Now, what happens when you visit its forum? https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War/bd-p/416 As expected, scroll down just a little bit, and the forum will make it seem like a bug ridden game that was never ready to be released. Multiple pages of bug reports, just like we have here.

Now personally in over 60 hours of playing that specific game, I did not encounter a single issue at any point, and it's likely the same for the majority of players. So the reason I'm somewhat defensive here, is because I think that how you quickly discarded my point about forums being a critical minority as some laughable excuse to 'justify bugs' earlier, is completely unfair. I don't justify bugs, I acknowledge those issues being there, even if I don't encounter them first hand, and I feel it is the developer's obligation to fix them. But I also think it's pretty common sense that forums are usually a place where complaints are more common than praise regardless of quality, as is demonstrated by this example as well.

As for my own experience with the new F1 game and its reception so far; myself and many others from my league talk about it via app-groups and game parties on a daily basis, and the vast majority is massively enjoying it without encountering many, if any of the major issues that are mentioned here on this forum. If I wouldn't have had the game and I visited this place; I'd probably think that it was a complete failure of a game as well, you couldn't blame anyone for thinking that when seeing these topics. I'm only defending the many positive experiences and opinions that get drowned so easily in a place that tends to focus on everything negative for a change.

That might make a little more sense to me if the official technical assistance forum was the only place with lots of people reporting bugs/issues, but it's not: a number of other channels are also getting complaints about this game's issues, including the likes of Reddit, Twitter, FaceBook, etc., and I see no good reason to simply ignore all of that & rush out to buy before seeing how/when/if these issues are handled.

Lost interest in reading this thread after scrolling down endless pages of long entirely unedited quote posts. Please include only the relevant sentence or paragraph or at least highlight in red please! 

Lost interest in reading this thread after scrolling down endless pages of long entirely unedited quote posts. Please include only the relevant sentence or paragraph or at least highlight in red please! 

Yes, in the interests of clarity, that's what I normally prefer to do, but when I cut out quotes of only the relevant snippets I'm responding to & omit the rest, I nearly always then get accused of ignoring everything else, only seeing what I want to see, and taking things out-of-context...
:/