Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 UDP Specification

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Looking at the byte count on the structs (as per the first post) it would seem the packet size is greater than the sum of its parts? The session packet for example is 147 bytes but the content is approx 44?

-a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alp1983 said:

Hi All

Looking at the byte count on the structs (as per the first post) it would seem the packet size is greater than the sum of its parts? The session packet for example is 147 bytes but the content is approx 44?

-a

Did you count MarshalZone 21 times as this is 5 bytes each straightaway? 147 seems correct by my counting.

D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 9:07 AM, DaveyGravy said:

Did you count MarshalZone 21 times as this is 5 bytes each straightaway? 147 seems correct by my counting.

D

Genius! Thank you 👍

No I hadn’t !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the UDP Spec change significantly in 2019? I'm working on a application and I don't want to do it all again in 20 days. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LsHallo said:

Will the UDP Spec change significantly in 2019? I'm working on a application and I don't want to do it all again in 20 days. Thanks in advance.

Nope, the new protocol just some additional fields, the overall structure is very similar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, cjorgens79 said:

Nope, the new protocol just some additional fields, the overall structure is very similar

Great but would be great to use our dash since day 1 and sure must be some changes. For instance,  tyres compounds,  and I use this info in a dash for commentators. Please, let us know the structure @Hoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2019 spec is up here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I am very new, so apologies in advance. I have been trying to get a sim dash running on my iphone. I have tried at least three types and have also tried a UDP terminal, but so far no luck. The apps just sit there listening.

I have forwarded ports (20777), given my Xbox a static IP and placed the IP in the DMZ, and Xbox reports the NAT as open. Xbox one and iphone are on the same WLAN. I don't know what else to try. I am in Australia using a Telstra smart modem (NBN).

Does anyone have any other suggestions.?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taiecosell said:

Hi,

I am very new, so apologies in advance. I have been trying to get a sim dash running on my iphone. I have tried at least three types and have also tried a UDP terminal, but so far no luck. The apps just sit there listening.

I have forwarded ports (20777), given my Xbox a static IP and placed the IP in the DMZ, and Xbox reports the NAT as open. Xbox one and iphone are on the same WLAN. I don't know what else to try. I am in Australia using a Telstra smart modem (NBN).

Does anyone have any other suggestions.?

Thank you

What app are you trying to use? Your best bet would normally be to contact the app developer for assistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks CJ,

I was experiencing this issue with each app I downloaded and tested, but the problem is now SOLVED :classic_tongue:😀 It seems that when the Codies team says use the format xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for the IP address, they are not expecting (compulsorily) 12 digits, as it was in my "old" days. So replacing 010.000.000.107 with 10.0.0.107 fixed the problem - easy. Big shout out to the SRT team who responed to my question really quickly and made the suggeston.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×