F1 2018 UDP Specification

Question

OVERVIEW

The F1 series of games support the outputting of key game data via a UDP data stream. This data can be interpreted by external apps or connected peripherals for a range of different uses, including providing additional telemetry information, customised HUD displays, motion platform hardware support or providing force feedback data for custom steering wheels. The following information is a summary of the data that is outputted so that developers of supporting hardware or software are able to configure these to work with the F1 game correctly. If the information you require is not contained here, or if you have any issues with the UDP data itself, then please let us know and a member of the dev team will respond to your query as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, alp1983 said:

Hi All

Looking at the byte count on the structs (as per the first post) it would seem the packet size is greater than the sum of its parts? The session packet for example is 147 bytes but the content is approx 44?

-a

Did you count MarshalZone 21 times as this is 5 bytes each straightaway? 147 seems correct by my counting.

D

On 5/22/2019 at 9:07 AM, DaveyGravy said:

Did you count MarshalZone 21 times as this is 5 bytes each straightaway? 147 seems correct by my counting.

D

Genius! Thank you đź‘Ť

No I hadn’t !

Will the UDP Spec change significantly in 2019? I'm working on a application and I don't want to do it all again in 20 days. Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, LsHallo said:

Will the UDP Spec change significantly in 2019? I'm working on a application and I don't want to do it all again in 20 days. Thanks in advance.

Nope, the new protocol just some additional fields, the overall structure is very similar