Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with some older CPUs (e.g. Phenom / Athlon II) [PC, version 1.04]

F1 2018 crashes on any loading screen (including benchmarks), the game version is 1.04, I have verified the files already, ran the game as admin and reset the save game.I have included the crash report: https://we.tl/t-J5KU8LiNOA

Same issue for me. I can start the game fine and edit settings in the menu. But as soon as I try to start a game mode (career, time trial, benchmark etc..) the game crashes to desktop.

My crash report: https://files.fm/u/7hb857dv

It seems all three crash dumps in this thread have the same exception.

"Exception": "C000001D EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION at 000000004BA27160"

And all three have AMD Phenom II processors. I hope someone from Codemasters can respond to this tomorrow, can this be fixed with a patch?

Same here, Using Phenom II can edit settings but as soon as it trys to load into any type of race it stalls halfway through then crashes.

Another customer with the same problem. Crashing on loading screens. Phenom II. Latest GeForce drivers. Purchased game early and now it's unplayable.

Please fix this ASAP!

I have the same issue, i have a Phenom II X4 960t,
i heard about the denuvo is no longer supported for old cpu's, because they don't have the SSE 4.1 and 4.2 instructions.
codies please fix that.
my crash dump: 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3yki85ekb8pqujq/crash_dump%2376561198240879338.zip?dl=0

Same issue for me, using Amd Phenom II with NVIDEA graphics, game crashes to desktop, every time you try to start a race...

Yes have the Same issue here, the game launches normally but it crashes while we enter the loading screen when we enter any race or benchmark mode.
Here are my PC specs.
CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3-R2-rev-1.0
GPU: Zotac GTX 1050 Ti OC Edition.

PS: ALL OTHER AMD PHENOM USERS KINDLY POST IN THIS THREAD (JUST DON'T VIEW IT WITHOUT COMMENTING) SO THAT CODEMASTERS TAKE THIS ISSUE SERIOUSLY AND FIX IT SOON.

F1 2018 crashes on any loading screen on any mode. AMD Phenom II. F1 2017 works perfect.

Same here. Haven't played f1 games since 2014. Im tired of this. Get this fixed please. Using Nvidia Gtx 1050 

AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965
Game crashes on loading 
Real shame, have all the previous games and they run fine
I've even bought a wheel for this game and then this stuff happens...
I know this is fixable, please fix asap!

My cpu core2 duo and I have the same problem. This is the end,I have to buy a new cpu which supports the new version of Denuvo.

I have the same issue. I am trying to do a quick race, after loading screen suddenly game crashes. Could be a CPU issue? Currently using AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, which is old aswell.

This is 99% for sure an issue with older AMD CPUs that do not support newer SSEs. All we can do is wait for codemasters to respond and hopefully provide a fix. It may not be caused by Denuvo since the game launches, so I don't know. Let's hope Codies get back to us asap

Barni0928 said:
Intel Core i5 7300 HQ CPU 2,.5 GHz thats the model

Cool, I'm sure it will help them in finding the issue.

Same issue for me, but then with the AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B24 Processor.  Same error code ("C000001D EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION at 000000004BA27160"). F1 2017 is playable on my PC.