Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with some older CPUs (e.g. Phenom / Athlon II) [PC, version 1.04]

Hi there. Unfortunately, support for the older Phenom and Athlon processors was dropped in 2016. We'll take a look to see if the crashes you are experiencing can be fixed, but we can't give any assurances for this I'm afraid. I'll update this thread once we have had a chance to investigate this issue further.

I've updated this thread title to specifically call out the AMD processors. 

Hoo said:
Barni0928 said:
Intel Core i5 7300 HQ CPU 2,.5 GHz thats the model

Did you see this one, @Hoo?

I did, but that looks like a different issue.

@Barni0928 - please could you create a new thread for your issues, providing all key details specified here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting. Please also email through your dxdiag to the address provided and we can investigate your issue.

@Hoo Do we have to wait a long time for an answer or an update ?
Got up 5 hours ago to play F1 2018 and then this happens. Very frustrating

Hoo said:
Thank you Hoo, hopefully the team can fix this issue soon, would be sad being a fan of your all F1 games and dirt series to find it its EOL of my processor and it cannot play any more of your future games, as i cant upgrade my CPU, Motherboard and Ram to do so its not affordable for me or us who use these perfectly capable CPU.Will be waiting eagerly for the answers soon from the team.

Hello. I've got the same problem. When I try to start any race or even a bencmark, the game crashes. 
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T with  NVIDIA Geforce 1050 Ti 4 GB and 8 GB RAM 

@Hoo Can you give us more info about that issue everyone would like to know when it gonna got fix or something what can help us play your game , please help us ! :)

olzenn said:
@Hoo Can you give us more info about that issue everyone would like to know when it gonna got fix or something what can help us play your game , please help us ! :)

I only can agree with that!

We need to run various tests before we can work out what the problem is and whether this can be fixed. I can't really give an estimate until these initial tests are complete. As soon as I have info I will let you know.

Hoo said:
We need to run various tests before we can work out what the problem is and whether this can be fixed. I can't really give an estimate until these initial tests are complete. As soon as I have info I will let you know.
We hope for the best ending :smile:  

Hi,
I have the same issue. My processor is an AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T Processor with 3.30 GHz. 
My crash code is "C000001D EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION at 000000004BA27160"

I have the same problem and have a AMD phenom 4955 . It runs smoothly in the menu and then when i want to start a career or benchmark or time trial the game crashes.

That's my crash dump AMD Phenom ii x4 955 https://www.dropbox.com/home?file_subpath=%2Finfo.txt&preview=crash_dump%2376561198109717824.zip

@Hoo My last question beacuse i just like to know what will happen with all of phenoms users ,we gonna have that fix on end of this weekend or eariler , or maybe in next week as i see that problem on forum is so popular 1,5k views in couple of hours that means its a sad thing , hope u gonna fix it :)

Hello All. Our team have identified the issue and are currently working on an a potential fix. The issue could affect many areas of the code, so it may be a few days in test before we can release anything. I'll update this thread again once I have more information.

Our code team have confirmed that this can affect other CPUs too (anything that doesn't support SSSE3 instruction sets).

" A few days" ???? ....
frustrating. but they are working at it so thats the possitive thing :-)