DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with some older CPUs (e.g. Phenom / Athlon II) [PC, version 1.04]

Well to be honest I`m a little bit dissapointet. Beacause on the packaging it's written that you recomend the Intel Core i5 8600k.
i have this CPU and the game crashes on every loading screen.

so my question is when can we expect an update?

I already bought an AMD FX 6300, it will arrive tomorrow. Hope this works. 
Current CPU is Phenom 2 X4 965

I have the same problem. Im running an AMD Ryzen 1600x and the game is just stuck at the Please wait screen..

Hoo said:
Hi there. Unfortunately, support for the older Phenom and Athlon processors was dropped in 2016. We'll take a look to see if the crashes you are experiencing can be fixed, but we can't give any assurances for this I'm afraid. I'll update this thread once we have had a chance to investigate this issue further.

Was there a blog entry or post highlighting this fact for those using these processors. 

Or better to get the monies up front and apologise later :/

I was thinking bout building something so pretty shocked to see a ryzen r5 having this issue

Hoo said:
Our code team have confirmed that this can affect other CPUs too (anything that doesn't support SSSE3 instruction sets).
I have the same crash with a AMD Phenom X6 1035T CPU. 

Can somebody confirm, that the FX 6300 will work? Not that I bought a new CPU just for the game and this won't work either. 

Same problem here with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor. Bit of a shame for a game this expensive...

Minimum 
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i3 2130 or AMD FX 4300
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GT 640 or AMD HD 7750
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
  • Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  Recomended 
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 8600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD RX 580
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 50 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Soundcard
  • Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system that supports SSSE3 instruction sets

Interesting, straight to 2nd Gen Ryzen for the recommended. Maybe recommended specs should be edited? I suggest adding to the additional notes. 

Same issue for me, AMD Phenom II X4 and nVidia GTX 750 Ti. My son has been looking foward to the launch of F1 2018 for several weeks and now I have no idea how to explain :-( I hope codemasters will find a solution. 

@Hoo
The feedback from people about all problems with cpu (phenoms and others ) is so big as everyone can see , also all those people are so hyped on game , i appreciate that you take it serious and you trying to do your best , to fix that problem , i hope everything will be fix as fast as possible it is , u said few days but i think u gonna do your best to release the hotfix this weekend to let us play your game.  Greetings :D

Hello,

I have the same problem as so many others. AMD Phenom II X4 960T with an MSI GTX 950 card. Cannot get past the loading screens. I've purchased and played the previous 4 iterations of this game without a problem.

Very disappointed if this does not get fixed.

To anyone having issues on a modern SSSE3-compatible processor, the suggestion is that this is NOT the same issue as reported in this thread. To ensure that your issue gets looked at, please open a separate support thread following the guidelines here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting), ensuring that you provide a description of the problem and a summary of your system specs. 

Hoo said:
To anyone having issues on a modern SSSE3-compatible processor, the suggestion is that this is NOT the same issue as reported in this thread.  
How do I tell if I have this or not?

I have an Intel core i3 and amd Radeon Rx 470s. The game loads up and I get black screen. Nothing else. It doesn't even crash. It is just stuck. Bought it early and Waite patiently, ffs Codemasters, fix this asap

Also crashing whenever I try starting a career mode. Can mess around in settings all day long, but can't get a race to load up. 

Running an AMD Phenom II with a Radeon 570

Just wondering how a big Company like codemasters cant fix a one problem ,i can bet they losing alot of customers now , because there shouldnt be a problem to run a game on those cpus. Also u said "few days" how it can take few days while thousands people watiting to play your game hello wake up .