Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with some older CPUs (e.g. Phenom / Athlon II) [PC, version 1.04]

R4dler said:
Same problem here with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor. Bit of a shame for a game this expensive...
Hey Friend, 
Your problem has been completed ??????????

Recovfr said:
R4dler said:
Same problem here with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor. Bit of a shame for a game this expensive...
Hey Friend, 
Your problem has been completed ??????????
I have the same problem, with same processor.

Same problem here with an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor. with a GPU HD 7970 3GB, and do not play the game.
F1 2017 I play fine.

F1 2018 crashes on any loading screen on any mode. AMD Phenom X6 1100T.  F1 2017 works perfect.
Please provide a fix asap. 
Thanks

tryuu said:
f u c k      f u c k       f u c k   f u c k      f u c k       f u c k     f u c k      f u c k       f u c k     f u c k      f u c k       f u c k      f u c k      f u c k       f u c k
this raging wont help...  codemaster is working on a solution just be patient besides that if u working for a company u also work up to 8 hours a day,  the people of codies are not a exception 

tryuu said:

At this point they must work 24 hours a day and cancel all holidays
hahaha i dont think that will happen.  it wont even suprise me if we get a update arround monday/tuesday 
and also if they found a sollution they need to test it  on multiple cpu's before the can release it. you have to patient ^^

but il hope iam wrong about mon/tue..  i wanna play to, 

We have a potential fix for this issue. However, as these CPUs are not officially supported by the game and haven't been through a full QA cycle, we do not want to place this fix into the main game just yet. Instead, we have set up a beta branch in Steam where you can get this fix and see if it resolves your issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
  1. Open your Steam library
  2. Right-click on the F1 2018 game and select "Properties"
  3. Select the Beta tab on the properties pop up
  4. In the text entry box ‘Enter beta access code to unlock private betas’ enter: c7EFPdFd6XADgGL7X284D4m8N6gYZmvb then click CHECK CODE.
  5. A message “Access code correct, private beta ‘phenomtest’ is now available will appear
  6. Ensure that in the drop-down menu on the Betas tab that "phenomtest" is selected (not the default NONE option) and then Close the window.
  7. The game will now update. 
  8. Launch F1 2018. This game version should now display as v1.04.1 at the Press Start Screen.
Please let us know if this resolves your immediate issues. If so, we'll roll this fix into the main game once our full QA cycle has been completed. 

Customers who do not have the affected CPUs should not get this branch as there might be unintended side effects from this change.

Customers who do not have the affected CPUs and who are experiencing problems launching the game should add a new support thread with the required information: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting. This should include a summary of your core system specs and graphics driver information. 

Ohh YES it works! (Using Phenom II X6 1100T) If I start a new carrer in this beta version mode, will the game save it, if I switch to the main version again? And am I able to play online with friends?

Tentox said:
Ohh YES it works! (Using Phenom II X6 1100T) If I start a new carrer in this beta version mode, will the game save it, if I switch to the main version again? And am I able to play online with friends?
We have provisionally tested save transfer and playing online against players using the official 1.04 version of the game and we believe this works ok. Let us know if you have any issues with this.

I tested game for now in benchmark only on Phenom 2 1100t and it works.If there will be any issues with this patch I'm sure that Phenom users will gladly report it. Great work of development team for this fast hotfix.

I tested the game on Phenom 2 955 BE and it works. Love ya codies and especially development team for fast fix <3

Thank you Hoo and team for a great work, this is why i love codies games, now i know to trust them no matter what (ubisoft learn from them if you are looking at this)

Hoo said:
We have a potential fix for this issue. However, as these CPUs are not officially supported by the game and haven't been through a full QA cycle, we do not want to place this fix into the main game just yet. Instead, we have set up a beta branch in Steam where you can get this fix and see if it resolves your issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
  1. Open your Steam library
  2. Right-click on the F1 2018 game and select "Properties"
  3. Select the Beta tab on the properties pop up
  4. In the text entry box ‘Enter beta access code to unlock private betas’ enter: c7EFPdFd6XADgGL7X284D4m8N6gYZmvb then click CHECK CODE.
  5. A message “Access code correct, private beta ‘phenomtest’ is now available will appear
  6. Ensure that in the drop-down menu on the Betas tab that "phenomtest" is selected (not the default NONE option) and then Close the window.
  7. The game will now update. 
  8. Launch F1 2018. This game version should now display as v1.04.1 at the Press Start Screen.
Please let us know if this resolves your immediate issues. If so, we'll roll this fix into the main game once our full QA cycle has been completed. 

Customers who do not have the affected CPUs should not get this branch as there might be unintended side effects from this change.

Customers who do not have the affected CPUs and who are experiencing problems launching the game should add a new support thread with the required information: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting. This should include a summary of your core system specs and graphics driver information. 
That works.
Thanks!

Thank you team, this is why i love codies games, now i know to trust them no matter what (ubisoft learn from them if you are looking at this)
Agreed. This is the real practical example how developers should support and treat their own customers.

@Codemasters Team, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! You saved my weekend with this fast hotfix, keep up the great work!