Jump to content
Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T300 drives like a pad F1 2018 (PC)

Recommended Posts

FRACTURED said:
Why not just refund until the appropriate patch is released, isn't the wheel on supported list? If they've known since the beta they've already had 6 or 8 weeks minimum. 
I can't as I didn't buy the game on steam  :/

Where did you buy it? There's different laws by country but basically in the UK, that wheel is on their support list, if it doesn't work, you have a right to return it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
FRACTURED said:
Why not just refund until the appropriate patch is released, isn't the wheel on supported list? If they've known since the beta they've already had 6 or 8 weeks minimum. 
I can't as I didn't buy the game on steam  :/

Where did you buy it? There's different laws by country but basically in the UK, that wheel is on their support list, if it doesn't work, you have a right to return it. 
Doesn't matter as I only bought a steam key but not through steam so I can't refund...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Platform: PC
  • Wheel model number and rim:  Ferrari 599XX EVO detachable wheel (Alcantara®) + T300 SERVO BASE
  • Pedals: T3PA 3-pedal pedal set
  • Method of hooking up pedals and wheels to your PC: USB 2.0
  • Wheel firmware: 28.00
  • TM driver version: 2.9.10.0
  • TM Driver settings: 

  • Windows OS version: Windows 10 version 1803
  • Steering wheel mode: PS3
  • Action map selected in game: Custom T300
  • In-game FFB settings:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I guess I don't understand how that works then. Where there is a will theres a way. You have a certain amount of rights if bought with Credit/Debit card.

At the end of the day you purchased something that does not work as it should with a supported wheel. Go to whoever you bought it with and argue your point. You should have plenty of time if you can't play. Get a support case opened with them. If they won't at least give you credit on their site for what you bought, dispute it with PayPal or wherever the money came from.

Or just wait for a patch that might release when the steam codes dropped in price anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FRACTURED said:
I guess I don't understand how that works then. Where there is a will theres a way. You have a certain amount of rights if bought with Credit/Debit card.

At the end of the day you purchased something that does not work as it should with a supported wheel. Go to whoever you bought it with and argue your point. You should have plenty of time if you can't play. Get a support case opened with them. If they won't at least give you credit on their site for what you bought, dispute it with PayPal or wherever the money came from.

Or just wait for a patch that might release when the steam codes dropped in price anyways. 
I'm just gonna put my last bit of hope I have for codies to wait for a fix which will hopefully happen within the next week as it is ridiculous that such a popular wheel is undrivable in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please codemastees fix this, i'm a T300 user and i paid to play this game as everyone else, its so frustrating, please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi there. This issue is currently being investigated. A problem has been identified which affects steering precision on the T300 on the PS4 which might affect one of users in this thread. This issue is currently being worked on. The PC issue is still being looked at as this is likely to be a separate problem. I'll updated this thread once there is more info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hello, is this fixed right now? played today and its so weird. if i am riding and i am like 40 degrees with my wheel, then it is less degrees in the game?? but if i am not riding then the steering is okay. please fix this! 

i love this game but this is just something thats important to fix. 

sorry for bad englisch btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@DexterAKA No, it's not fixed yet, and most of us experience the same issue as you, the faster the car is moving, the less input is detected by the game. When you are stationary, the steering is 100% accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's really frustrating, especially as the T300 is a common wheel in use and a lot of people are suffering from the issue :(

Can you at least replicate the PC issue? Or is there anything more we can do, more detailed descriptions, posting more spec, posting media or alike? @Hoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi there. For the PS4, we have something which should improve the experience and is currently being added into our next update. Our code team have made some progress with the PC issue, but we still don't have a fix for this yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Magic2001 said:
So, i need buy new wheel, or we need wait few months.. very nice, my **** god. 
This is being investigated at the moment, so I'd expect an answer from the dev team in a few days rather than a few months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still bugged, insane. Tha'ts not fair, stop updating DLC shit for XBOX we can't even play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wow i am very pissed off rn.. i bought this wheel not even 10 days ago ready for this game because IT IS ON YOUR SUPPORTED WHEEL LIST! and i find out that there is issues with it that you have known throughout beta, yet you kept it on your supported wheel list. very disappointed codemasters i hope this is high on the agenda considering the popularity of the wheel. sort it out so i can do something with my 400 odd quid i spent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello All. We are still investigating this issue. It is a high priority and we are hoping to get a fix out as soon as possible.

It appears as though the steering wheel is sometimes being flagged as a generic Thrustmaster FFB wheel, rather than the specific wheel and rim combination that the game is expecting. We are still trying to track down the different ways this can occur as the information given seems to vary between users.
In one example, booting your PC with the wheel already attached and activated causes this issue to happen. The workaround in this case is to unplug the USB and plug it in again then the game will then use the correct TM drivers. However, some users are reporting that this doesn't work for them. If you haven't tried this already, then please give this a go.

We'll update this thread once we have a further update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't fix the issue for me. Even after unplugging multiple times the wheel still gets recognized as "Thrustmaster FFB Wheel" and the same problems persist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hoo said:
Hello All. We are still investigating this issue. It is a high priority and we are hoping to get a fix out as soon as possible.

It appears as though the steering wheel is sometimes being flagged as a generic Thrustmaster FFB wheel, rather than the specific wheel and rim combination that the game is expecting. We are still trying to track down the different ways this can occur as the information given seems to vary between users.
In one example, booting your PC with the wheel already attached and activated causes this issue to happen. The workaround in this case is to unplug the USB and plug it in again then the game will then use the correct TM drivers. However, some users are reporting that this doesn't work for them. If you haven't tried this already, then please give this a go.

We'll update this thread once we have a further update.
This reminds me the windows detection. If you plug the t300rs on a USB 3.0 port, windows' game controllers displays the wheel as "Thrustmaster FFB wheel", but if you plug it on a usb 2.0, it displays "Thrustmaster T300RS Racin wheel".

About the possible fix you are mentionning, is there even someone that fixed it by doing so? in which thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Sebi2a - this was done by our test team as part of trying to identify what is causing the issue. I'll forward the USB3.0 info on as that sounds useful for them to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for the update.
I personally always connect the wheel via USB after my PC is fully booted. I just tried to attach it before booting and then re-plug it but unfortunately no difference.
Also, where is the wheel shown as "Thrustmaster FFB wheel"? Both Windows & the game do display it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×