Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T300 drives like a pad F1 2018 (PC)

The wheel description can be viewed in Device Manager under your game controllers. We think this is just one part of the issue though, so are investigating some other ways that the wheel gets incorrectly identified by the game.

Well if you guys at codemasters need someone to test/tweak something, feel free to contact me, i'm available all days. lets get it solved asap

Hoo said:
Hello All. We are still investigating this issue. It is a high priority and we are hoping to get a fix out as soon as possible.

It appears as though the steering wheel is sometimes being flagged as a generic Thrustmaster FFB wheel, rather than the specific wheel and rim combination that the game is expecting. We are still trying to track down the different ways this can occur as the information given seems to vary between users.

Both in device manager and in the game my wheel is correctly detected as a T300, as I have already said in the original post:
controller settings where I saw, to my surprise, that the game recognised my T300 fully
I also just checked which type of USB connection I use as I didn't know before and it turns out I use USB 3.0 and the only time ever I have experienced my wheel being detected just as Thrusmaster FFB wheel was when I was accidentally in PS4 mode instead of PS3 mode. Also I have tried unplugging the USB and power source several times at all possible stages of booting/loading the game and in every possible combination and nothing worked, while at all times both in game and in the device manager and EVERYWHERE my wheel is detected and described as Thrusmaster T300RS Racing Wheel and it has been since the start of the issue

This is really getting annoying, we paid for a game we cannot play, and its been a week since its release... can't you just add a feature that disable the pad assist?

also the fact that the t300 has a PS3/PS4 mode can lead it to be recognized as a PS pad and not a wheel?
Because as Tiger mentionned, both in game and in game controllers, the wheel is correctly listed as a Thrustmaster T300..

Sebi2a said:

also the fact that the t300 has a PS3/PS4 mode can lead it to be recognized as a PS pad and not a wheel?
Because as Tiger mentionned, both in game and in game controllers, the wheel is correctly listed as a Thrustmaster T300..

Well the wheel always must be on PS3 mode on PC or it gets recognised as standard TM wheel by windows

Sebi2a said:

Well the wheel always must be on PS3 mode on PC or it gets recognised as standard TM wheel by windows
Yeh i know that, but maybe there's a possibility that as we are using the PS3 mode, it is using the PS3 drivers or whatever instead of the the T300 ones. But it is weird as both windows and the game are recognising the wheel with its correct name

F1 2017 did not have a similar problem.This is a mistake in the game I think we should look at the data that the game uses when using the T300, because in vain, the game recognizes the T300, it may be. Because it can be the T300 is registered as a controller in the game. I hope the sooner the problem will be, because 1 week has come out of the game and it is unplayable ..
And sorry for bad English. Im Hungarian! :smiley:

I have been reading all the comments in this thread and you describe the issue i noticed when i tryed this game for the first time. For me this issue was solved by set stering saturation in game to 30. 

I usually drive with steering animation OFF, but i just checked with steering animation ON and the on screen and T300 wheel follow exactly, both in full speed and slow speeds.   

I use T300rs base with TM F1 add on wheel and default settings in the driver GUI. (560 degrees)

try make steering deggres 270, in the drive GUI. In game, steering saturation 0, all 0.(default).
this can be used to some extent, but obviously it will be bad.

The guys who have the F1 Rim please read better we already know that in the t300 with the f1 rim the ganes work perfectly, please codemasters fix the game.

Rush4K said:
The guys who have the F1 Rim please read better we already know that in the t300 with the f1 rim the ganes work perfectly, please codemasters fix the game.
The kind of wheel mounted on the base should not matter. The only thing that is change is the defoult wheel degrees.

@mirk1983 I have Alcanatra wheel,(with T300RS Base) and the issue is alredy.. I think this is game problem, not wheel.

If we stay in place, then it works perfectly for us, and it reacts as it should, but the problems are coming on the way

Magic2001 said:
If we stay in place, then it works perfectly for us, and it reacts as it should, but the problems are coming on the way
Magic2001 said:
@mirk1983 I have Alcanatra wheel,(with T300RS Base) and the issue is alredy.. I think this is game problem, not wheel.
I agreee, its a game issue no dubt. 
Its sounds like there is two issues we talk about in this thread then, one where the game not set the correct soft lock to 360 degrees, affecting (all?) T300 and one other issue where the soft lock changes randomly during race affecting some T300 combinations.

mirk1983 said:
Magic2001 said:
Magic2001 said:
I agreee, its a game issue no dubt. 
Its sounds like there is two issues we talk about in this thread then, one where the game not set the correct soft lock to 360 degrees, affecting (all?) T300 and one other issue where the soft lock changes randomly during race affecting some T300 combinations.
The issue that I created this thread for is that the T300 acts like a pad in game effectively despite being recognised as T300. When going over curbs, the in game wheel jiggles around, like you see on a pad and the faster you go, the less steering lock you have, like with a pad (the game limits the maximum pad lock depending on speed), which means the only ever time I can turn the in game wheel all 360 degrees is when not moving. And it is not just visual, it is literally limiting the lock etc. and the ffb also feels a bit off I feel (barely any detail whatsoever)

Laccoo said:
I have TM Ferrari GTE  and the issue is alredy..  

https://youtu.be/VapTzRtxdxE
Ok. Thanks for the video. 
This issue has not been seen on my setup. 
Would be interesting to see if this issue persist if the stering wheel is removed from the base.

mirk1983 said:
Laccoo said:

Would be interesting to see if this issue persist if the stering wheel is removed from the base.
Wait... i did not see that you where driving on the grass and curbs before. 
What issue in the video am i looking at? 

mirk1983 said:
mirk1983 said:
Laccoo said:

Wait... i did not see that you where driving on the gras and curbs before. 
I what issue in the video am i looking at ?
The issue that the wheel behaves like a pad because on pad that jiggling of the in game wheel is normal when driving on grass and curbs. That issue also includes the steering rotation decreasing with speed, like with a pad. If you drive and turn your wheel irl to full lock it won't go full lock in game

I have the exact same issue. Driving with the T300 and the Alcantara wheel and the ts-pc wheel addon on the PC.
It is really annoying.

Hi all. The team have made some progress and are looking at sending a potential fix into internal testing tomorrow. If successful, this will be rolled into patch 1.05. We'll be able to provide confirmation on this fix and dates for patch 1.05 in the next couple of days. I'll let you know once there is any more information.

Okey thanks for this information! We are waiting for next and hopefully it will be that we have managed to find and fix it :wink: