Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 Crashes to desktop while in multiplayer.

Hey, I have huge issue which didn't fix itself from last year. Here is everything I know ;-)
  • A short description of the problem: I had the same problem in 2017, however the 2018 was behind the corner so I just waited for it to come out hoping it's gonna fix itself. No matter what I do, once I am in multiplayer sooner or later the game crashes without anything (No fps drop, no lag anything) 
  • I am on PC
  • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): 1.04
  • Multiplayer (Adding crash report down below)
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI? - Didn't have time to notice
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem? - Joined MP, game crashed
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: Didn't get it, however adding crash report down below
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Wheel Thrustmaster T150
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: Ok ;)
My graphics settings was the highest while I had around 100fps. I checked the integrity of files.  My specs - I7 6700k, Asus GTX 970, 16GB ram, 1TB HDD, 128GB SSD, WIN 10 64bit

Crash report + dxdiag - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1iaYuBYYR-8puz0PtpW_omFTaB18tzIQ3
Steam - https://steamcommunity.com/id/gonkilp/

How long should I wait before reposting/refunding on steam? Was expecting atleast a message that you are looking into it... :/

Hi @Gelaxor & @Gonki

I'm sorry that things haven't been as you'd have hoped with your F1 game experience. 

@Gelaxor , can I ask for more information regarding your issue? Are you similarly equipped as @Gonki and are you reporting that the issue is also intermittently present in Multiplayer?

@Gonki can I ask which sessions you were trying to join and through what means? Were the lobbies in progress? Is there any consistency across 2017 and 2018? Could you estimate how long before you tend to crash?

Hi @DriverNumber22,

the issue is only present in multiplayer. Single player works just fine.

Issue: close to desktop
Issue occures in multiple scenarios: 
- shortly after joining a new Lobby
- done a race, back to the lobby screen
- midrace
btw, in ranked I only got the message "Session not found anymore" after trying to join.

To also use the form:
  • A short description of the problem:No matter what I do, once I am in multiplayer sooner or later the game crashes without anything (No fps drop, no lag anything) 
  • I am on PC
  • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): 1.04
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI? - AI, idk. 4-10 Players
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem? - Joined MP, game crashed
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: No Error Message, just clos to Desktop
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): XBox 360 Pad

My Specs:
- Win 10 Pro (64 bit)
- Intel I7-6500K
- MSI Nvidia GTX 1080
- 32 GB RAM

Hi @Gelaxor & @Gonki

I'm sorry that things haven't been as you'd have hoped with your F1 game experience. 

@Gelaxor , can I ask for more information regarding your issue? Are you similarly equipped as @Gonki and are you reporting that the issue is also intermittently present in Multiplayer?

@Gonki can I ask which sessions you were trying to join and through what means? Were the lobbies in progress? Is there any consistency across 2017 and 2018? Could you estimate how long before you tend to crash?

I depends, sometimes its 10 minutes and sometimes it takes 10 seconds... Overall I tried for 3 months on 2017I never got level 3 in MP and in 2018 it's the same. While I was looking into the problem on 2017 I found out that game has a problem recognizing the true capacity of some video cards... Should I refund the game? Would like to know it sometimes soon as I have to do it soon otherwise it wont be possible anymore.

BTW I have !EXACTLY! same issue as @Gelaxor.

Thanks very much @Gonki & @Gelaxor . We'll get our testers to investigate and hopefully have some sort of resolution as soon as possible. 

@DriverNumber22 should I expect the response here, or should I just keep trying the game and hope for the best? 

Gonki said:
@DriverNumber22 should I expect the response here, or should I just keep trying the game and hope for the best? 
HI @Gonki
I'll do my best to respond on here, your issues are with the development team to investigate... I'm afraid I can't say any more than that right now.  

@DriverNumber22 Just letting you know I asked for refund on steam so I guess you can close this case.

I have the exact same problem and it is the most shitty thing ever. Can't properly enjoy online in the state that it is. Pls fix

Gonki said:
HI @Gonki
I'll do my best to respond on here, your issues are with the development team to investigate... I'm afraid I can't say any more than that right now.  
Did you fix it with new patch? Don't want to buy to game just to test it.

Gonki said:
Gonki said:
HI @Gonki
Did you fix it with new patch? Don't want to buy to game just to test it.
Still happening for me, so I would say, no fix.

this is the issue I have been having as well.  No issues with 2017 or any other version.  Single player is fine as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRFEF6VjFX8
Here is a video of my crash to desktop hope it helps

Gelaxor said:
Seems like the Windows 10 1809 Update did the job.
No Crashes after installing.
Mine was an audio driver issue but since getting some feedback from Codies I have not had any issues.