Sign in to follow this  

F1 2018 how to change ai difficulty in career mode?

kasimier said:
https://youtu.b3e/hoTlIjY3QCI this shuode clear it up so i Will chagne it wen i finish china 
This is all well and good but when you pick that difficulty your stuck with it through all practises qualy and races. You can change it before a race weekend but that does nothing to help if your too fast or foo slow due to everyone having different strong tracks.

Needs to be open again so we can chage it after a session if needs be. Id forgot to put formation lap on for my first race so I was also stuck with that. Its not just thed difficulty thats locked.

But this only seems to work as a one-off option, only before the weekend. I loaded the next weekend after Melbourne and then closed the game. Haven't started any session yet! I restarted the game yesterday, loading the weekend and wanting to change the AI 5 points higher. The option now was in grey, leaving it unable to change!! 

I would love something to be done about this change, the window of opportunity to change difficulty is incredibly small (particularly on a fast PC) and even if you miss it during the loading screen there's no going back.  Even if you don't start p1 you can't get the option back to change difficulty even if you had intended to.  Can easily screw up a race weekend because you missed your one second window to intervene.  Many of my races are off the mark since I can't fine tune the race difficulty based on anything else, if I find the practice and quali was exceptionally easy can't do anything about the race difficulty.  

At the very least pop up the difficulty screen menu automatically and sit there until the user accepts it before finishing loading to the next weekend.  And preferably let us modify the difficulty between sessions as needed.  It'd also be ideal if we could this right from the menu at any time between sessions instead of backing out to the main menu and loading into career again, this was a bit silly to need to do in f1 2017 due to the difficulty being grayed out otherwise.

On other notes, it's really difficulty nailing the perfect difficulty as it is.  Now we have to totally guess what we think it may be before even attempting the weekend, but even when you can modify it, it becomes hard to gauge where it should be at times.  Could be useful if the race strategy practice program could also suggest a difficulty level based on  your average pace, a difficulty level you are free to override, but would certainly help newcomers and also veterans better adjust for each race weekend.  

I am unable to change the difficulty...ever.  Not before, during or after sessions, or races. Also that option box, on the load screen never appears for me. I have an xbox, so perhaps it's an Xbox 1 or Xbox 1X issue

UPDATE: Never mind. I CAN see it on the loading screen, between races. AWESOME

You can change the AI difficulty in career mode but the window where to do so is very limited. The only time you can change it is when you click "next weekend" and the game starts to load the next weekend, then you can press "options" while it is loading and change the difficulty.

But you need to be quick, as soon as the game finishes loading if you have not pressed "options" you can't change it until next weekend again. (Once you press "options" before the game finishes the loading process you don't need to hurry anymore though I believe). 

Biggest problem is how every alternate track seems to be much harder in AI terms than the previous. I’ve played every f1 game and I know the tracks well but for some reason on the same difficulty as I had in Australia and had a good race I’m almost a second down in Bahrain when I’m nailing the lap. 0.5 lost in the first corner alone. They need to do more than just bring the option to change difficulty back, they need to balance the AI across the tracks period. It’s 95 difficulty but changes by over a second race from race! Wouldn’t mind if I was new to the game but this is a joke

Any news of when will this be fixed? No point of starting careere before this is fixed.

The implementation of race settings is probably the most problematic part of F1 2018. It's hidden behind loading screens. Even the way it was last year was wrong. It should not be hidden behind loading screens but in front you in the workingstation between sessions. 

Can’t help but feel if they had this tyre temp thing work we would be okay. These tracks where it’s suddenly a lot harder are typically street circuits and the tyre temps go too high and cause us to be over 2 seconds a lap slower. I get the premise of the idea but there’s no way of keeping them down and you’re already slower as it is!

I have started a career mode on 95 i have tried to change the difficuly but the options are all grey, i have no idea how to change it without starting a new one

Please tell us this will be changed! I'm no developer, but surely it is quite an easy fix? 

I just got the game last night (the 27th) and I thought I was just an idiot or something Thankful to see I'm not the only one who has had this problem. This was very helpful in the previous few games because as others have said, the ai skill from track to track varies greatly. Please Codemasters listen to us and put this feature back in the game!

I wont buy the game until this is fixed. if anything being able to change the difficulty was a sort of work around for the inconsistent AI across tracks and between qually and race as people have noted.
And it adds salt into the wounds that at present I am tired of waiting for "loading" when the game is over, and I have exited it, come back into the game and only need to check off the points, attend to the laptop etc, which surely doesn't require the whole graphics base to be reloaded for a completed track. it's around 30 seconds for nothing new. ditto between practice qually and race for the same track in the same user session.
now I am thinking slow is good if this is why people are missing out on the options screen... while they are waiting.
Admitedly I have a slower hardware setup, but this could be a good think for F1 2018 if that enables me to catch that options screen.

Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads together that are about this topic. 

Faya said:
Hi all,

I've merged a couple of threads together that are about this topic. 
Any hope of this being sorted for the next patch faya :)

I've restarted my career twice now, and again I'm stuck at Azerbaijan. Even though I've turned the difficulty down, it still wasn't enough and I'm 1.5 seconds off the practice programme pace and stuck with it. I can't continue playing until this issue is fixed so I can change the difficulty before the next practice session.

Really need the option to change difficulty between sessions put back in. 

On 2017 my race pace meant that I needed the game set at 100. But due to the AI cheating in Qualifying (auto-generates times when you're not out on track), I had to have that set to 95 to get a properly representative result. And due to the ridiculously difficult targets in some of the practice programmes (especially being a pad user), I had to put that at 87. 

Now in 2018 if I put it at 87, quali and race are far too easy. If I put it at 95 then practice is too hard and the race too easy. And at 100 the race is fine but practice and quali are a waste of time.

Codemasters could of course just properly balance the AI and target times over each session but that's a much more complicated process than just letting us figure out our own levels.

Hoo said:
I've passed the feedback onto our design team who will review this issue. I'll post back into this thread once there is more information. 
Any news on this? Still on a too low difficulty because I always forget it. Only think about it when it's too late to change. 

Even OG xbox running game on external SSD leaves only a little time to remember to modify the setting. I feel bad for PCMR 

I'd love for this to be added back.
I was unfamiliar with Paul Ricard, so I figured I'd reduce the AI to 101 (from 110 in Canada).
First practice I do the race program with an engine with 70% wear and TC at 55% and I'm 2.5 s faster than the delta.
I really missed being able to change the difficulty between sessions there.

Also, is the gap between 100 and 110 AI 2 seconds this year?