DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG] F1 2018 - Fuel rate of consumption!

If you set ERS to 0, it sucks the tank dry hard, when you run ers at 2 or 3 fuel consumption is almost nothing even when in rich mode. The ers support can help you save so much fuel. Only turn it to 0 when you have enough fuel, but when you use 1 or 2 you should be able to race normal and underfuel your car even 

i really love how ers management can influence the whole race and you need to be even sharper now than with fuel modes only

I’ve only done Australia weekend 100% and no issue for me - Williams. What team are you using? Maybe a bug for one specific team? I only set era to none on qualy out lap to have 100 % battery for hot lap. I’m loving the ers management also

I Expirence a strange Bug that arrent allow me to change the Fuel capacity before the Race start.
It shows 105kg max but only i have 90kg so i must Race wiht -5 Laps at beginning 

Team Hass Season 1 Melbourne 

VUnit469 said:
I almost get the impression that if you restart race or practice season it causes this to occur.

Anyone notice something similar??
I will try this afternoon.

Hello all, 
Thanks very much for your comments and feedback. I'm assisting the community team on launch weekend to help out.
We're looking into the issue you've reported with our test team and will hopefully have some sort of resolution as soon as we can. 
Thanks for your patience. 

Hello all, 
Thanks very much for your comments and feedback. I'm assisting the community team on launch weekend to help out.
We're looking into the issue you've reported with our test team and will hopefully have some sort of resolution as soon as we can. 
Hi
Thank you !

Can you confirm that you can reproduce this bug ?

I add some test i just made :

Career 100%
Difficulty : 80
PC
Steam
Game version : 1.04

I started free practice 1 in Barhein. No problem. Fuel consumption was okay. I restarted the session and.... another fuel bug. No consumption at all.

So the bug occure when you restart a session or a race.

When you restart a session of free practice there is NO fuel consumption.
When you restart a race, there is a massive fuel consumption.

I can upload a video if it help. Let me know.

Fuel Bug in Practise and Qualify Sessions

yes, if I restart the session (practise or qualify) then there is no fuel consumption at all and the fuel load remain the same on MFD during the lap. With 2.8 lap fuel load I did more than 4 laps during a qualifying session and still the fuel load is 2.8 lap.

During Race

I experienced very LOW FUEL consumption during races (in my case it does not matter if I restart the race or not). Started first race with around +0.5 to +0.6 fuel in excess. I was on RICH fuel mix for the entire race from start to finish. At the end of the race I still have +0.1 fuel in excess.

Completed first three races Australia, Bahrain and China. Same is the case for these 3 tracks so far.

When I swithched to standard or lean during the race, the fuel consumption is agreeable.

Career: 50% race
Difficulty: 100%
Team: Mclaren.
platform: PS4.
patch version: 1.4

Thank You

sajan said:

yes, if I restart the session (practise or qualify) then there is no fuel consumption at all and the fuel load remain the same on MFD during the lap. With 2.8 lap fuel load I did more than 4 laps during a qualifying session and still the fuel load is 2.8 lap.

During Race

I experienced very LOW FUEL consumption during races (in my case it does not matter if I restart the race or not). Started first race with around +0.5 to +0.6 fuel in excess. I was on RICH fuel mix for the entire race from start to finish. At the end of the race I still have +0.1 fuel in excess.

Completed first three races Australia, Bahrain and China. Same is the case for these 3 tracks so far.

When I swithched to standard or lean during the race, the fuel consumption is agreeable.

Thank You

I have the opposite problem during the race, my fuel burns so fast that even on Lean I'm losing a quarter lap of fuel net, per lap. Renders the game unplayable 

sajan said:

During Race

Thank You

I have the opposite problem during the race, my fuel burns so fast that even on Lean I'm losing a quarter lap of fuel net, per lap. Renders the game unplayable 
Yeah most of the people experiencing extensive fuel consumption during a race but in my case it’s the opposite. 

I will try to start a new career again with some other team and check it out if the fuel thing repeats. But I wish Codemasters  fix it asap .

Jamesf172 said:
I’ve only done Australia weekend 100% and no issue for me - Williams. What team are you using? Maybe a bug for one specific team? I only set era to none on qualy out lap to have 100 % battery for hot lap. I’m loving the ers management also
I'm also driving with Williams so it could be console related I'm playing on the x-box, or it could be that I have ers on auto

I am having same issue on PS4. 100% race, Australia, Haas, Career. Can load maximum possible fuel in car for race.  Run lean the entire race. Short shift, coast, lift, etc.... Out of fuel with 20 laps to go.  Not even close to finishing. All the telemetry looks normal in qualifying and practice.... if I have 5 laps of fuel I get 5 laps... Race is not even remotely close to getting the correct numbers.... I suspect its burning fuel like it was set at 50% race length its putting in enough fuel for a 50% length race instead of 100%

Edited so that I could add what I found out.  It looks like it was only allowing me to fuel the car for a 50% race... about 45kg of fuel or so, and it should be in the 90-105kg window.

I believe I found the culprit of the whole issue. While doing the fuel saving test there's no fuel consumption, therefore the game thinks that you need way less fuel than what's actually needed. Though it appears to be limited to some cars only, as for my test in the Ferrari the fuel load suggested was actually plausible, while in my renault carreer it was not.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-rFkPrYepfYC9JrGWV8ldeurZ1OpEszb (My carreer )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qZ4251MjpOEl0VsPjoLjhGzivOc_0J4J/view?usp=sharing(test carreer without the fuel saving test)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OUpwf4o_TMHCP-Mad2KmIQyWCDwN4mP7/view?usp=sharing(fuel saving result, though did not impact the racing fuel load for Ferrari )

Edit: While testing some more, the program had a plausible result and the fuel load recomended was doable. Something is stopping fuel comsuption during practice and making the game guess the wrong ammount of fuel to finish the race aparently. It's not a guaranteed problem it seems. All tests were done in a 50% race format, though for the test runs, all sessions but the start of FP1 were skipped for the sake of time, so I wouldn't be able to measure their impact in the bug. 

The same thing happened to me on Australia 50%: started the race on max fuel load (+11 lpas), ran all laps on lean mix and still ran out of fuel 9 laps before the end. Another weird thing is that it didn't let me change the ERS setting, it was the entire race on auto.

I was thinking that the fuel problem may have something to do with the result you get on the fuel saving program, because I perfected it maybe the game thought I did really well managing fuel. Has anyone failed the program and still gotten the same bug?

Happening to me right now in Australia in the Williams on PC. . I've just watched it go from - 0.4 to - 0.5 just down the pitlane in lean mix! 

Career mode 25% race and fuel consumption was huge and i drive most of the time lean mix and coasting like crazy. Finish line fuel was 0,2 etc. Very strange because before race i put 3 extra lap to fuel.

BiggyT said:
Happening to me right now in Australia in the Williams on PC. . I've just watched it go from - 0.4 to - 0.5 just down the pitlane in lean mix! 
Welcome to the BS that was/is my Career mode on F1 2017 PC in Haas... Fuel literally going down on Lean in pits in races. I think even game reports that the car is in "Rich" mix in the pit zone (through UDP Telemetry).
Nice to see these bugs aren't still fixed... /s

Same Problem here, PS4, Sauber Carrer in Bahrain 50% races. It startedafter I restarted the session in free practice. For the rest of the practice, the consumtion wasn't there. In the other practices, no problem. Then started in Quali 3, after I restarted it. 

I took +3 laps of fuel in the race. had a collison with Bottas in the formation lap. Drove 3 laps and got the massage fuel is low. Was already in negative. Restarted the whole game. No change. I lift and cost everywhere. But still consumt more, then I gain. Driving in fuel low and ERS mostly medium. I can't finish the race like that.

Great Codemasters, was so happy to play the game. Now I have to wait until a bug fix, because it makes no sense to continue. And I don't want to install new. My time is limited, like many of the others here. 

Maybe you hire some more people for quality control. Some investing shouldn't bad.

Yup same here, HAAS 100% in China, after restarting in FP, is there any way to overload your car on fuel or restart the weekend so it doesn't happen? because this bug is game breaking at the moment, I can't continue my career and restarting a 100% career takes a lot of time I don't have after the weekend

I'm really angry about the following well know problem. I accepted all the other bugs of the last years, f.e. the car upgrades last year, because it wasn't a gamebreaker. But with this, you can't finish the races. How should I continue my carrer mode? For the future, please make an open beta, that as many people as possible can test your game, or hire more quality control people. Some invests should be repay with time. I paid 70 € for a game. Mistakes happen, but it seems some people at a similar bug already in F1 2017. How can this happen again? I hope you make a quick patch at least and a patch where I don't have to restart my carrer new. Even when I start my carrer new now, who tells me the bug wouldn't appear again?  Please do your work right, like all the other people has to do also, to earn their money. Thank you.
PS4, Sauber Carrer in Bahrain 50% races. It started after I restarted the session in free practice. For the rest of the practice, the consumtion wasn't there. In the other practices, no problem. Then started in Quali 3, after I restarted it. 

I took +3 laps of fuel in the race. had a collison with Bottas in the formation lap. Drove 3 laps and got the massage fuel is low. Was already in negative. Restarted the whole game. No change. I lift and cost everywhere. But still consumt more, then I gain. Driving in fuel low and ERS mostly medium. I can't finish the race like that.

Great Codemasters, was so happy to play the game. Now I have to wait until a bug fix, because it makes no sense to continue. And I don't want to install new. My time is limited, like many of the others here. 

Maybe you hire some more people for quality controd.l. Some investing shouldn't ba

Maxime10 said:
Hello all, 
Hi
Thank you !

Can you confirm that you can reproduce this bug ?

I add some test i just made :

Career 100%
Difficulty : 80
PC
Steam
Game version : 1.04

I started free practice 1 in Barhein. No problem. Fuel consumption was okay. I restarted the session and.... another fuel bug. No consumption at all.

So the bug occure when you restart a session or a race.

When you restart a session of free practice there is NO fuel consumption.
When you restart a race, there is a massive fuel consumption.

I can upload a video if it help. Let me know.

I Can 100% Confirm that the Bug is like he wrote. I tested it:

Restart Session in Practice = 0 Fuel consumption (Even on Rich Mix)
Restart Race = Fuel consumption is extremly High (Test: 15 Rounds +7 Fuel No Chance. Even a Pitstop drains a hell out of Fuel.)

btw im mcs2006 but i used now Steam Login and thats why i got a New Name/Account.

Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback on this issue. We appreciate that it's frustrating, so we're grateful for your patience and especially your information. We believe we are making progress on this issue from our end and hopefully will have a fix shortly. 

Ive always said the only do the beta to get the youtubers to sell the game for them I mean I havent bought the game yet for first time and from what ive read its been a good descion same bugs as last year which isnt really a surprise but u would of expected them to of had fixes in place before the even started to develop the game considering the game is an evolution of last year you wouldent expect same bugs as long as people keep buying the game on release its just going to be sameevery year I mean it isnt bad enough we get the game half way threw the season but it comes full of bugs and have to waite till the season is finished before its half fixed I think its about time someone else came in and took a shot at it even f1 its self could make the game and we could get it much earlier in the season with them already known the regs and how cars will loo

Not by any chance ers on zero and fuel on rich mode? Spinning off track and getting back on track will also consume more fuel when you don’t get a handle on the car.jist trying to help bro ;)

AlexTT said:
Not by any chance ers on zero and fuel on rich mode? Spinning off track and getting back on track will also consume more fuel when you don’t get a handle on the car.jist trying to help bro ;)
No change. I lift and cost everywhere. But still consumt more, then I gain. Driving in fuel low and ERS mostly medium. I can't finish the race like that. I said that, also in an other dicusion about the fuel. Many other people have the same problem. 

patronas said:
Ive always said the only do the beta to get the youtubers to sell the game for them I mean I havent bought the game yet for first time and from what ive read its been a good descion
I also will say to other people, they should wait, until everything is fixed. Maybe buying it when it's on sale.