Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG] F1 2018 - Fuel rate of consumption!

Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback on this issue. We appreciate that it's frustrating, so we're grateful for your patience and especially your information. We believe we are making progress on this issue from our end and hopefully will have a fix shortly. 
At least it sounds good, that you're making progress. I it's true and we don't have to wait for it some weeks or month. 

Hello all,
Thanks for your feedback on this issue. We appreciate that it's frustrating, so we're grateful for your patience and especially your information. We believe we are making progress on this issue from our end and hopefully will have a fix shortly. 
Thank you for the Info. Hope you can Fix that Soon and we can Race again ::smile:

So just skip fuel practice program right?
No. Just dont restart a Session (Practice or Race). If you dont restart any Session you can Play Normal also Fuel practice program.

Hello all, 
Thanks very much for your comments and feedback. I'm assisting the community team on launch weekend to help out.
We're looking into the issue you've reported with our test team and will hopefully have some sort of resolution as soon as we can. 
Thanks for your patience. 
Thank you for letting us know. Legends!

Also agree completely with Maxime10 on what is said about the conditions.

I’ve had the fuel drain issue and solved it by starting new career. I initially tried the game without patch and it seemed fine but i was earning less development points so started a 3rd career with the patch and just used flashback which I hate as apposed to restarting seshs.

i feel the fuel drains a little on the low side as I can use rich mix a fair bit but atleast i can venture thru career mode no issue.

keep up the good work CM all the best workin thru all the bugs and dealing with the at timea ungrateful community.

V

patronas said:
Ive always said the only do the beta to get the youtubers to sell the game for them I mean I havent bought the game yet for first time and from what ive read its been a good descion same bugs as last year which isnt really a surprise but u would of expected them to of had fixes in place before the even started to develop the game considering the game is an evolution of last year you wouldent expect same bugs as long as people keep buying the game on release its just going to be sameevery year I mean it isnt bad enough we get the game half way threw the season but it comes full of bugs and have to waite till the season is finished before its half fixed I think its about time someone else came in and took a shot at it even f1 its self could make the game and we could get it much earlier in the season with them already known the regs and how cars will loo
The youtubers don't even use the beta. The beta is only ever a small chunk of the game they want you to test. They use a preview build or get the final product a little early. 

But someone has written, when you have the problem once, it is also on the next race. If not, I just would finish my actaul race with double fuel and gon on to China without flashback.

themelo15 said:
But someone has written, when you have the problem once, it is also on the next race. If not, I just would finish my actaul race with double fuel and gon on to China without flashback.
Thats true. If you have the Fuel Bug "started" then it stays also for ALL next Races (in my Case also in Practice). Best Solution is to Play all other Modes except Career currently. I restart my Career when the Fuel Bug is fixed.

At least i have no FPS Problems, Crashes, Freezes or Texture Problems. 

themelo15 said:
Thats true. If you have the Fuel Bug "started" then it stays also for ALL next Races (in my Case also in Practice). Best Solution is to Play all other Modes except Career currently. I restart my Career when the Fuel Bug is fixed.

At least i have no FPS Problems, Crashes, Freezes or Texture Problems. 
Ok, I just wondering, why it only happens in the race. I just restarted FP1, and Qualifying was totally fine. Of course I restarted the race. But my understanding is, if you restart for example FP1, then all other sessions also effected. Weird bug. 
I started now carrer new. Hopefully no bug fuel bug there. I wont restart a session,

OK, now its getting weird....and this is not a Joke!
Started F1 2017 because 2018 Fuel Bug and what happend....I GOT THE SAME BUG NOW IN 2017! The excact same Problem. Now my Career in 2017 is also Fuel bugged but WHY? Thats extremly strange!

I started a Sauber Career Mode on 105 difficulty and for the first race I started with -6.02 laps of fuel which meant I had to conserve fuel in lean mode for 17 laps. Not sure if that was a bug or just something that Sauber has?

Did you run the fuel management program in practice? If not, then it will just put in a default amount of fuel (low in some cases), and it will be on you to check your setup and make sure enough fuel is in.

If you did run fuel management, then its how you ran the fuel management that messed with the auto calculation. I ran fuel management how I would normally race, and the game hasn't shorted me any fuel. Usually gives me an automatic 1.5-3 laps of fuel in some cases, usually averaging around 1.5-2 laps more.

XioGShep said:
Did you run the fuel management program in practice? If not, then it will just put in a default amount of fuel (low in some cases), and it will be on you to check your setup and make sure enough fuel is in.

If you did run fuel management, then its how you ran the fuel management that messed with the auto calculation. I ran fuel management how I would normally race, and the game hasn't shorted me any fuel. Usually gives me an automatic 1.5-3 laps of fuel in some cases, usually averaging around 1.5-2 laps more.
My fuel management programme was Excellent but I guess it was from rave strategy instead...

It's the race strategy program that calculates your fuel -
Maybe... my race strategy hasn't been great, but fuel management has been spot on, and my fuel input for start of the race is calculated spot on to where I want it. Dunno if its a combo of both, or I just keep getting lucky <_<

Same thing happened to me... 
AI 105
Distance 25%
PC-Steam

With ers set to automatic and fuel on low, with the car fueled to max, it was not possible to save fuel. I retried with just staying in 8th gear and coasting as much as possible and it was still impossible to finish. Very disappointed 

I've merged a couple of related threads on the fuel issue.

Sorry for my question , but i don't understand all (Sorry im italian ) this bug, if i make all session with fuel program and don't restart anything, all game it's right??, the problem it's only if i restart the race or any other session? Thank you! 

alex172 said:
Same problem here on PC with Renault. 100% race, Australia, 15 laps to go and fuel runs out. Even driving on lean the fuel still drains so quickly.

Edit: I did notice an issue with the fuel consumption practice programme, in that it registered the average fuel consumption as 0 (something like that, wish I'd taken a screenshot now). No idea if they're connected though.
I noticed the same thing.
When i started the fuel consumption practice on Bahrain it maxed the fuel saving out before the first corner. McLaren with fuel set on MAX. Didn't even change when i started doing donuts, which in F1 2017 made it go full red in a couple of seconds.

Same problem here with fuel usage on ps4
Think it's happening after restarting session your in or after using flashback? Frustrating 
Only started in career at Baku race and same in Spain so can no long continue career till fixed!

ok, now the problem it's clear, how many times need to resolve the problem?? it's impossible!
every year it's the same story!!
codemasters, now you need 2 weeks for fix this bug???!!!
my patience after a lot of year of same problem on d1 it's 0
make a fix for this problem only in few days and other minor bug later...
but the community need have information, one day or one week or what? not the silence between find bug and solve patch!
thanks!

Hi all,

We're still drilling down to try and get the best information for the development team, could I request some more information on their behalf?

Can I ask for a short video of the issue happening? Ideally just a short video showing the MFD fuel screen as well as a lap or two of the changing values. Equally, a screenshot of your R&D progress wold be useful (particularly fuel related) so we can rule out any issues there.

Thanks for your patience.
DriverNumber22

Hi,

I have the exacted same issue,
I had to restart a practice session due to big wall impact
After that, I remember that fuel consumption was null. I get weird r&d results for fuel (something like -54 for the last line and 0 for the others, I cannot check right now). I figure out that fuel consumption was null because I get a purple result in fuel session after a few corners without doing any L&C.

In the race session, I have to go with the full tank, get +13Laps on start and consume around 3 estimated Laps per lap on full mix 3, 1 estimated Lap on 2 and I can almost stay at the same level of estimation with full mix low and a lot of L&C.

Maybe I can share my profile files if you get an email?