Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG] F1 2018 - Fuel rate of consumption!

I don't think that's it, I never touch ERS or fuel during the programs. Still had the bug.

And for what it's worth, it would still be a BUG if what you described causes the team to bring insufficient fuel to finish a race. :wink:
I agree. Doing the race simulation program works for me and the game calculated the fuel correctly for the next races but as you said even doing the program wrong there is nothing warning you and it should load at least enough fuel to finish the race so the developers must fix it. Regards.

Maxime10 said:
Gabimad said:
At first I thought it was a bug. It happened to me for the first time in Baku. He only let me load 63kg of fuel and with that it was impossible to finish the race (100% long race). I searched the internet and found this thread about the problem and I found the solution.

It is not a BUG it really depends on how the race simulation program is implemented (5 laps). During this program you have to get the time requested without using DRS and without using ERS (I mean ERS in default-Medium) and this gives a real consumption in the race when you have neither DRS or slipstream and with the ERS in medium. Doing this program in this way the consumption for the race is perfect and when you use DRS or ERS in the race the estimated remaining fuel increases and does not decrease as it happens if you do not do this training program correctly.

I hope you find it useful, try it and see how everything is adjusted to perfection.

It is not a BUG.

Greetings.

Hello,

I'm sorry but i totally disagree with you. It's a BUG.

Take a moment to see those 2 videos :
https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/347160/#Comment_347160
https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/347959/#Comment_347959

and come back here tell us that's not a bug.

Greetings

Agree as well. What you show never happens to me and it looks like an important bug that must be fixed.

My problem was different than yours. The game doesn't allow me to load enough fuel for the race and I realized that doing the programs as I said the game calculated the fuel correctly so I wrote it here to help someone with the same issue than mine. I though I couldn't continue with my career because of this and doing this I can continue racing. 

I hope Codemasters release and update soon.

I've restarted my career, ensuring that I do not restart any sessions (if I must, I use a flashback or quit to main menu - reloading mid-session save also seems to work) and that the fuel consumption programme records correctly each time. Haven't had the issue yet on my restarted career.

@Maxime10: thank you for the demonstration. The bug should now be easily fixed, as soon as they find the reason why restarting a training will cause the engine not to consume fuel.

@Gabimad: I know what you mean. It's hard to save fuel, if you do the program on lean mode. It's also hard to spend the extra fuel if you do the program on rich mode.
But believe me when I tell you that these extreme differences (average 1.72kg per lap in practise - calculated 0.86kg per lap in race) can only be caused by a bug.

But once you make the error to restart a session in one race (Bharhain Fp1 for me) that cause the bug, in the next race the bug disappear or not?

alemau84 said:
But once you make the error to restart a session in one race (Bharhain Fp1 for me) that cause the bug, in the next race the bug disappear or not?

no  after first appear of bug, your career it's bug... congratulation codemasters!

Career mode can't be played like this. Ran out of fuel the first time in a 50% race, I usually only take 1-2 laps of extra fuel(in F1 2017). Was 7 laps under fuelled in no time and then ran out of fuel on lap 22/29.

Ok, restart session, take the maximum fuel allowed (41 laps), have to run on lean for 99.99% of the race - though Jeff kept on asking for mix to be turned up. Towards the end, I was half a lap under, with a lot of coasting in the final laps. Luckily for me, Hamilton managed to lap me just as I was going to start the final lap, so I didn't have to do it.

Please fix this bug, codemasters !!

You are right, there is the problem that people do not representative race strategy programs, but there is still a problem with restarts and flashbacks it seems. I have seen that there are multiple bugs when restarting or flashbacking

Just had a career mode race in Austria, was +0.17 on fuel and it randomly jumped to -0.40. PS4.

Same thing happened to me in Chinese GP, seems like it gets bugged in race strategy programme so your car gets really underfueled at the start of the race no matter what you choose... Here's a video how this issue looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jQ36U8DDWk

Hi everyone,
tested this morning on a 25% race ( Australia 15 laps) in career mode. 
Started with +8.00 laps of fuel and ERS set to AUTO, after only 3 laps was down to +3.45 fuel 
I've managed to get to lap 11 and retired without fuel. Tryed the same car Haas same track same 25, ful consumption was regular and +0.06 the whole time.

Just finished the 50% race in China. I've set the fuel at the start to max (more than +9 laps), after 3 laps when I was at +8 laps Jeff said 'faster engine mode available we have fuel +3' so I kept going. I ran out of fuel at the beginning of lap 27 (MFD was showing -2 laps so those numbers are correct) and had to retire. It worked well the first 2 races. As I've heard the reason for this might be restarting a training session you did the race strategy in. This was the first weekend I did it in FP1. Hoping to get it fixed soon.

Maxime10 said:
Hi all,

We're still drilling down to try and get the best information for the development team, could I request some more information on their behalf?

Can I ask for a short video of the issue happening? Ideally just a short video showing the MFD fuel screen as well as a lap or two of the changing values. Equally, a screenshot of your R&D progress wold be useful (particularly fuel related) so we can rule out any issues there.

Thanks for your patience.
DriverNumber22
Okay.
I just made a 20min video to explain precisely how the bug occure in FP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoBHI-C-TA4

Here a timecode of differents actions

00:00 – 01:00 Creating a new career
02:10 : R&D progress
02:28 : Starting FP1
02:43 : Set 27 kg of fuel
02:55 - 06:23 : 2 Laps without the bug fuel. Using various fuel settings
06:23 : Back to the pit menu
06:35 : Starting fuel consumption practice  (without bug)
06:42 - 10:08 - End of fuel consumption practice (without bug)
10:16 :  Fuel consumption practice results (without bug)
!! 10:28 : RESTART SESSION !!
10:41 : Starting fuel consumption practice (WITH BUG)
12:40 : First lap WITH BUG of fuel consumption practice
14:12 : End of fuel consumption practice (WITH BUG)
14:22 : Fuel consumption practice results (WITH BUG)
15:15 : Starting FP3
15:24 - 17:40 : 1 Lap without the bug fuel. Using various fuel settings
!! 17:48 : RESTART SESSION !!
18:00 - 20:00 : 1 Lap WITH the bug fuel. Using various fuel settings

And here another video of the bug during a RACE (not mine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZNBXAGquWo

As you can see, even in the "lean" mode, he can save fuel.

Hope it help. Let me know if you need something else !

I have the same issue. When i was  in the Pit, then i have +1.23Fuel, after when i leave the Pit, then my fuel change to -1.6...

I have the same issue at my career mode in Hungary. Can't remember restarting one of the practice sessions though...

Simple question: why can't Codies program the race in such a way that we can take the maximum amount of fuel with us which is stated in the official FIA regulations? In a full race that would be 105 KG. In a 50% race that should be 52,5 KG (which I would make 54 KG, as the amount of laps are rounded up). Can't be too hard to program that, I think.

like maxime10 videos i dont need to restart the session to get the bug. Just Change to Custom Setup change some values and start the lap.Occured with McLaren. Used 10 kg Fuel. Tested it on Ferrari didnt happen there.
I think it happens if u use custom Fuel Load. Gonna test it with 20kg.

Edit: There was no bug with 20kg of Fuel  hm...

Just a thought - if restarting sessions (including races?) sets fuel consumption to zero, then would a viable workaround during a race affected by the bug be to reach a point where fuel is low (and you might run out of fuel), mid-session save, restart the race and then load said save? Might at least allow you to finish the race.

Have the same problem with Mclaren in Bahrain. After 2 laps, the fuel was at -2.56.  But already had problems with the fuel in the race strategy program. The fuel was frozen.
On PC.
Race 50%.

If I remember right, the new 2018 season of F1 allows the cars to load up to 130kg of fuel each race. This is not possible yet in the game. Means that the fuel consumption in the game should be equal to the real F1 cars, but the possible load is not available, leading to be unable to finish 100% races. I got the game pretty late so it did the 1.04 Update while I was doing my first race and I had plenty of fuel. After I needed to pause the game, the Update installed and when I got to resume the Australia race, several bugs happened due to the update itself presumably, so I didn't actually care about being switched with my teammate who got my 6th place and I officialy being out with an engine failure and the returning of died casrs on the trac causing yellow flags and not diappearing, but I actually got surprised that my remaining fuel got from pre-pausing +1.25 laps of fuel to -2.5 laps of fuel after loading. Now, 1 week later, I wanted to do the second race and discovered that I can load only for 46 laps instead of the needed 57 laps. So, dear codemasters guys, please patch that issue...

If I remember right, the new 2018 season of F1 allows the cars to load up to 130kg of fuel each race. This is not possible yet in the game. Means that the fuel consumption in the game should be equal to the real F1 cars, but the possible load is not available, leading to be unable to finish 100% races. I got the game pretty late so it did the 1.04 Update while I was doing my first race and I had plenty of fuel. After I needed to pause the game, the Update installed and when I got to resume the Australia race, several bugs happened due to the update itself presumably, so I didn't actually care about being switched with my teammate who got my 6th place and I officialy being out with an engine failure and the returning of died casrs on the trac causing yellow flags and not diappearing, but I actually got surprised that my remaining fuel got from pre-pausing +1.25 laps of fuel to -2.5 laps of fuel after loading. Now, 1 week later, I wanted to do the second race and discovered that I can load only for 46 laps instead of the needed 57 laps. So, dear codemasters guys, please patch that issue...
The maximum is 105kg which is equal to roughly 140 liters (not 130kg). I think it is pretty obvious that the fuel rates are bugged, especially if you restarted ANY session. If you restart, your save is broken for the rest of the game as it seems from the posts in this topic. The only way for now is to just prevent restarting sessions and just flashbacking when needed.

Tip for everyone for every iteration of F1-20xx:
http://www.gamesave-manager.com/  
Install it and save in career everytime you're in the DateCenter between the sessions and at the very beginning of every training and quali.
Put every save in it's own folder.
If the bug catches you, you might load the save from P1 and don't need to do the whole career from the start up.

What a stupid bug. I cannot believe this got through testing pre-release. And it's perfectly reproducible as well.

1. Start FP session
2. Restart session
3. But Race strategy programme. Upon completing the test and going back to the garage -> Go to the Race strategy programme -> For fuel usage you'll have some kind of error code.
4. Now your game thinks you are fuel saving god 
5. Go to race and cry because you cannot put enough fuel in your car.

I guess that would only make it unplayable for 50%+ race distance? I'm doing 100% and I cannot start the race with more than ~70 kg of fuel. Which by the way, makes the game think that I'm starting with +24 laps of fuel LOL. Obviously the fuel is going down so quickly that after completing 15 laps I was down to +8 laps of fuel and most of them were in lean. So that race is a write off. I guess my only option is to simulate it. And I've literally turned more than 90 laps today in Baku so I can get used to the track and to figure out a setup. What a waste of time. 

So... fuel consumption... I started a career race in Monaco (Williams, 75%, season 1), and I fuel up for 80 laps. The fuel counter started dropping like it does in FP or Q - the number that is shows is the actual amount of fuel you have. I was burning through LOADS of fuel, and half-way through the race, my car goes into Low Fuel Mode, killing my race on the way to podium (possibly even a win?). Needless to say, I am a tad upset... I restarted the race about 10 times, with the same results, and even going with maximum fuel load. This HAS to be a bug...

Same problem, career at 50% ... GP of Spain ... It does not make me put the right amount of fuel and I get halfway through the race about ... FIX Please !!! Fast FIX!

Estou enfrentando o mesmo problema, estava na Sauber e iniciei os GPs da China e Baku com -3 voltas de combustível, desanimei de jogar, e outra carreira na STR, e pra minha surpresa, iniciei a corrida da Austrália com -13 voltas de combustível . Isso é desanimador, comprar o jogo na pré-venda para este tipo de erro que te impossibilita de jogar