Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[BUG] F1 2018 - Fuel rate of consumption!

I think I've just encountered a similar problem. I'm on Xbox One and just started the Australia GP (50% race) in the career mode Mclaren with +1.2 laps of fuel. Stayed on standard mix for the first lap and lost most of it. All of lap 2 I spent in lean mix and by the start of lap 3 I was -0.10 of fuel. Yes, that's right - I'm losing fuel in lean mix for crying out loud. and obviously won't be able to get to the end of the race even in staying in lean the whole time.

I haven't tested any other modes yet but this is game-breaking as I can't continue the career until this is fixed. I haven't and can't be bothered to do the math to see how much I would have to overfill the car to get to the end on lean mix, this needs to be sorted asap; There's 7 pages on this, geeez. And yes I did the practice programs; both the fuel saving and race strategy I completed purple.

I've lost fuel in the pits on the limiter in lean with ERS 0 whilst pitting. I'll just laugh it off as a feature of not having invested in my engine yet.

Still 18 days in which I can refund it. Wonder if Xbox will get another patch in that time frame if 1.05 has only just dropped :neutral:

Bit of an update: I started a few 50% races in Grand Prix mode earlier and it did not happen. The fuel stayed as expected in standard mode, so it looks to be only in career mode. I again tried to do the first race in career straight after, starting with +1.5 laps of fuel. By the end of the first lap on standard the whole time I had lost  almost 1 lap of it. Ridiculous.

It seems there's two threads in the general discussion section about the fuel bug too. Here's one of them:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/139859/fuel-bug-still-exists#latest

Any reply from admin saying what's being done about this?

Another update: I reset career and started again, same car and race distance(50%) but didn't do any of the practice programs and skipped to the race. The fuel bug didn't appear and the level remained the same on standard mix and increased slowly on lean mix, as you would expect. As noted previously there seems to be something around the practice programs that triggers the bug. 

I've since reset the career again and started a new career and have done all the practice programs except the race strategy, as I read that someone on here did the same and the bug did not show up in the race. Again I'm pretty disappointed that there has been no response on this thread from admin/codemasters regarding what's being done about this bug.

Tried to read the Whole thread but it's kinda of hard work...not sure what happend, but for the firse time I've been plagued by this bug...Canada, Career, 100% race...filling the Whole tank left me with -13,5 laps of fuel at the start...exaclty (except swearing) what are my options??? Tried to reload the save for about 20 times and nothing happend...if I start the race...does my car REALLY need 13,5 laps of extra fuel? I mean it's pointless even to start the race at this point...:(

If you use full traction control and auto gears you burn more fuel...i stopped using my wheel and started playing on the pad so i turned on auto gears and full tc.....burned way way to much fuel...had to run in lean at least half of a 100%race....once i turned off the traction control..fuel consumption is pretty much normal..auto gears still burns more fuel then manual for me 

If you use full traction control and auto gears you burn more fuel...i stopped using my wheel and started playing on the pad so i turned on auto gears and full tc.....burned way way to much fuel...had to run in lean at least half of a 100%race....once i turned off the traction control..fuel consumption is pretty much normal..auto gears still burns more fuel then manual for me 
Nothing to do with this issue, its a bug

I’m still having fuel problems.
on career 100% distance.
With the fuel tank primed at 105kg it’s always never enough for the race by a long way.
Just drove a  Singapore race and had to start with minus 14.7 laps of fuel.
now Russia and it’s nearly as bad, 105 kg is showing 43.2 laps of fuel for a 53 lap race.
Since I started career it done it about 1 in 3 races but now it’s every time.
So I have to run most the race in lean to get it back into positive fuel load.
And the fuel mixture is the other strange thing.
As we know, lean gains you fuel, normal is pretty  neutral, and rich burns more.
But on the races this problem occurs at what happens is rich is normal burn, normal is lean burn, and lean is extra lean burn.
Very odd....... but by putting it in this extra lean mode I can make back 14 laps of fuel after about 3/4 race distance.
Any ideas how to solve this please?

So now on lap 21 in Russia.
Managed to claw back nearly half of the 10 lap fuel  deficit I had to start with, went in for a pit stop and  emerged with plus 1.6 laps of fuel rather than the minus 5 I went into the pits with.
Didnt know refuelling was reintroduced to F1 in 2018 lol

I was having this issue as well.

If the game computes fuel usage during the test, out of curiosity, if you test with the default, low fuel quantity that the team sends you out to practice with, won't the car use less fuel and give the team a false fuel usage number to do the calculations with?

Off to Test...