Sign in to follow this  

The Damage Model

As I haven't crashed to much I thought I'd unleash my inner beast to smash into everything and everyone to test out the games damage model. The video shows the results and I am very disappointed. I mean, has there been any progress since 2010? Considering the GRID model which is pretty good, what the hell are they doing with this series? I am really disappointed with it.....even with moderately heavy contacts with the wall you dont lose your wing....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bBcqgdfvfw

As far as I'm aware of, the FIA put restrictions on what the developers can and can't do when representing F1 in a game which is based on real life.

Until restrictions are relaxed I don't see much change happening with this TBH.

Nothing will heard, no one will say anything. I just hope something is done for 2015. A bit more realistic AI and damage model and then this game could truly be amazing but I guess we can only dream

The video shows the results and I am very disappointed. I mean, has there been any progress since 2010? 
No, but hopefully there is a LOT of progress with F1 2015.

The video shows the results and I am very disappointed. I mean, has there been any progress since 2010? 
No, but hopefully there is a LOT of progress with F1 2015.
You'd think so with more memory to play with. Hopefully the FIA arent as strict if that actually is the case

Ok say IF the whole fia thing is true then why not have it that the cars still suffer the same visual damage but increase it so a light tap on the rear wheel of a car and you loose a fair chunk of the front wing and some times the other car has a puncture. Imo the visual damage in the games is ok (although would like more) my problem with it is I can hit a wall at monty at 120mph and not suffer any damage. Id like a game where ppl have the option to set it like the F1 championship game had where you touch another car/object slightly and it could be race over. Dont see why the fia wouldnt agree to a realistic damage model as long as you cant visually destroy the car. The wheels coming off tho makes me belive the fia have nothing to do with it tho!

The sensitivity needs an improvement no doubt. However visual damage is unlikely to change very much. You laugh about them having to restrict damage but it is exactly the same in any racing game with official cars. Forza and Gran Turismo are much the same, you cannot totally wreck the car visually as they likely have similar restrictions.
The joke about wheels flying off is also a bit silly. Give it a few seconds of thought and you'll realise it's because the 360/PS3 can't handle the physics/visuals of wheel tethers, same with tyre blow outs and proper punctures. The X1 and PS4 versions will be the test for those I would imagine. It could just not be possible in a game without it looking like something from Looney Tunes.