Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

Game breaking bug, lagspikes, slowdowns. [PC]

Question

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing a massive, nearly game breaking bug. I get a HUGE amount of lagspikes/slowdowns. In race, in time trial, event mode,...
It slows down, then speeds up and puts me into a wall. 
They happen, sometimes every 5 minutes, sometimes every 20 seconds, sometimes only every 10 minutes.
These are just at random, sometimes when doing more intensive workloads in the game. Randomly freezed and speeds up. Very, very annoying.
I have experienced multiple other bugs, too much to even begin.

You know, I and everyone on this forum payed for this game. You expect a finished product, or at least a day one patch. Something!
Very disappointing and it just ruins the first impression of codemasters and f1 games for everyone.

Specs: Ryzen 1300x (small OC, but always stable, even in other games and in aida64); GTX 1060 3gb (zotac), 8gb ram(ddr4 @2666).
Normal cpu, gpu and ram usage.

If needed, I can provide game information files and video fragments.

Platform: PC,
Region: Belgium

Please fix this, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0
I'm experiencing this too. But gpu usage drops to zero momentarily while the freeze occurs, which isn't normal you utilisation.

Ryzen 1700 and 1080ti

Could be something to do with the game's handling of ryzens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I'm experiencing this too. But gpu usage drops to zero momentarily while the freeze occurs, which isn't normal you utilisation.

Ryzen 1700 and 1080ti

Could be something to do with the game's handling of ryzens?
Yeah, could be possible. I havent monitored my GPU usage yet, but I'll look for it.
Hopefully this can be solved. I remebremthat Ben (aka Tiametmarduk) also had a similar issue and he also has a heavy duty gaming pc, but crucially also with a Ryzen CPU. Could be related to that then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I’ve an intel i7 and don’t get this issue at all so sounds like processor is the common factor....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I think it has to do something with the AI, or when there are other cars on track. I don't get it so much when doing time trial. And when lots of cars drive together, the issue seems to be more common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Jamesf172 said:
I’ve an intel i7 and don’t get this issue at all so sounds like processor is the common factor....
I think it is GPU related. I am also getting this issue, but I have an i7. I have a GeForce GPU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I have same issue, and i have AMD processor as well, so that's probably issue connected with AMD CPU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Do you guys have anymore information that could help CM to resolve this issue?

@Hoo, @Faya 
I read the other post on older CPUs but it doesn't seem to be the same problem in this case. Can you look further into this. We will provide further details if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
The most often issue is getting 0,2s -0,5s lag spikes at turns and its really affective while racing, My CPU is AMD Phenom X4 965 which has already got fixed it's compatilibity in beta version. I wish CM could do something with this error, which is not happening for the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
It actually can be GPU as well, I've read similar articles and most of the errors were happening for people with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070/1080. It's still not fixing  my problem as my GPU is MSI Radeon R7 370 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Willemq12 said:
The most often issue is getting 0,2s -0,5s lag spikes at turns and its really affective while racing, My CPU is AMD Phenom X4 965 which has already got fixed it's compatilibity in beta version. I wish CM could do something with this error, which is not happening for the first time
Yeah, I saw that post.
I just get random slowdowns, also in turns, but not always.
Things I have noticed: 
There are 2 types of lagspikes, all occuring to us.
*The random ones, just when driving on the circuit. (I mostly get these in races, practice, quali,...)
*The ones related to a higher performance demand. When driving over polystyrene boards, when driving in the pit box, when cars ram in to you, when AI cars collide, when a flag gets triggered.

In normal conditions I am getting about 120 FPS, but when the slowdowns happen it goes down to 15 FPS. Lowering the settings doesn't help and the game isn't bottlenecked by any component.
@Hoo, something to do with AMD CPUs? And will installing the 1.04.1 test help anything on this? Is it worth a try or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I have the 1.04.1 as i have AMD Phenom processor, as you can see it didn't fix it for me, but it's worth of a try
Edit: I will try the game with new drivers for GPU from AMD, gonna tell you if there is any difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Willemq12 said:
It actually can be GPU as well, I've read similar articles and most of the errors were happening for people with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070/1080. It's still not fixing  my problem as my GPU is MSI Radeon R7 370 
Yeah, I'l check the post on the GTX 1070/1080, this could really have something to do with this. You're really helpful! We might be on to something right here. If just CM could give us some confirmation on what is causing this. That would be awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
After making update to the drivers i can say that the game is a bit more playable - i mean the fact lag spikes are shorter, and i found out about really interesting thing, basically the lag spikes are happening when the car has physics impact like hitting the kerb, and contact with the other driver. I had perfectly fine pure game until i hit the kerb or touched another car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
supersnel said:

There are 2 types of lagspikes, all occuring to us.
*The random ones, just when driving on the circuit. (I mostly get these in races, practice, quali,...)
*The ones related to a higher performance demand. When driving over polystyrene boards, when driving in the pit box, when cars ram in to you, when AI cars collide, when a flag gets triggered.

In normal conditions I am getting about 120 FPS, but when the slowdowns happen it goes down to 15 FPS. Lowering the settings doesn't help and the game isn't bottlenecked by any component.
@Hoo, something to do with AMD CPUs? And will installing the 1.04.1 test help anything on this? Is it worth a try or not?
@supersnel - thanks for gathering the above information. It does sound like there are a couple of issues being reported here, so we will try and unpick what is happening. 
If anyone posting into the thread could confirm exactly what type of slowdown issue they are seeing, and include basic PC specs, that would help us to track down this issue. 
You can try the beta branch if you want, although it hasn't been tested on your configuration. If you do try it, you can simply change back to the main game (v1.04) at any time by setting the drop-down list in the beta branch tab to "NONE" and apply your change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
@Hoo My Type of lag Spike is small  freeze on turns and sstraights and it mosty happens on car Physics impact like hitting kerbs, suspension work and contact with other car. It's really annoying considering the game works fine 
My PC spec is 
AMD Phenom x4 965 3.50 GHz 
AMD Radeon R7 370 2GB 
8 GB RAM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Jamesf172 said:
I’ve an intel i7 and don’t get this issue at all so sounds like processor is the common factor....


I'm on an i7 4790k and I can't even get the game to load. Just sits in a loop black screening all the time.
Getting fed up waiting for a response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Hoo said:
supersnel said:

There are 2 types of lagspikes, all occuring to us.
*The random ones, just when driving on the circuit. (I mostly get these in races, practice, quali,...)
*The ones related to a higher performance demand. When driving over polystyrene boards, when driving in the pit box, when cars ram in to you, when AI cars collide, when a flag gets triggered.

In normal conditions I am getting about 120 FPS, but when the slowdowns happen it goes down to 15 FPS. Lowering the settings doesn't help and the game isn't bottlenecked by any component.
@Hoo, something to do with AMD CPUs? And will installing the 1.04.1 test help anything on this? Is it worth a try or not?
@supersnel - thanks for gathering the above information. It does sound like there are a couple of issues being reported here, so we will try and unpick what is happening. 
If anyone posting into the thread could confirm exactly what type of slowdown issue they are seeing, and include basic PC specs, that would help us to track down this issue. 
You can try the beta branch if you want, although it hasn't been tested on your configuration. If you do try it, you can simply change back to the main game (v1.04) at any time by setting the drop-down list in the beta branch tab to "NONE" and apply your change.
Ok, so I tried the beta, but as expected that didn't help.
Here is some more information though. I made 2 video's that are showing what the game slowdowns are about.
This first video is with All settings set to HIGH, TAA enabled, SSRT shadows on. In border less window mode. (And no, playing in full screen doesn't help.) The settings are quite high, but I'm getting 74 FPS on average, enough for my 60 Hz panel. (Usage is in the top left.)
https://youtu.be/wU0h_mpG4BI?t=1m15s
Timestamps for the game freezes: [1:332:152:303:023:203:303:413:484:304:404:51](are also in the comments)

In this video, I ran with significantly lower settings. Still all settings to HIGH but with TAA checkerboarding and SSRT shadows disabled.
It didn't help whatsoever as you can see in the video. I'm still getting the same amount of game freezes as before. I also tried to cause some crashes, to have a high amount of physics updates, so you can see the result. I'm getting about 96 FPS on average.
https://youtu.be/p4IiMs1S6Ns?t=11s
Timestamps for the game freezes: [0:310:371:211:502:012:182:393:453:564:10](are also in the comments)
Look very good for the usage rates on the left. When a lagspike occurs, it sometimes goes down to zero.
If you want, I can test it with more parameters visible on the rivatuner monitor.

You didn't ask fot it but here's a copy of my dxdiag I ran anyway: 
http://ge.tt/8P1CLEr2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
AndyStrat said:
Jamesf172 said:
I’ve an intel i7 and don’t get this issue at all so sounds like processor is the common factor....


I'm on an i7 4790k and I can't even get the game to load. Just sits in a loop black screening all the time.
Getting fed up waiting for a response.
It doesn't look like your problem has anything to do with the lagspikes/gamefreezes, but I also want your problem to be fixed.
Take a look at these posts: 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/137463/pc-game-does-not-start-black-screen-and-the-whole-pc-freezes
http//forums.codemasters.com/discussion/137329/f1-2018-crashing-while-trying-to-load-the-game-pc-solved
Especially the first one.
Submit your information and go further on that topic. Then you might get some response, but it's not clever to just say a bunch of useless information in another topic.
Be very clear with your information there and tell them as much as you can. Then you might be able to solve the problem.
Take a look at this for more info on how to submit a bug the right way: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting#latest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
supersnel said:
AndyStrat said:
Jamesf172 said:
I’ve an intel i7 and don’t get this issue at all so sounds like processor is the common factor....


I'm on an i7 4790k and I can't even get the game to load. Just sits in a loop black screening all the time.
Getting fed up waiting for a response.
It doesn't look like your problem has anything to do with the lagspikes/gamefreezes, but I also want your problem to be fixed.
Take a look at these posts: 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/137463/pc-game-does-not-start-black-screen-and-the-whole-pc-freezes
http//forums.codemasters.com/discussion/137329/f1-2018-crashing-while-trying-to-load-the-game-pc-solved
Especially the first one.
Submit your information and go further on that topic. Then you might get some response, but it's not clever to just say a bunch of useless information in another topic.
Be very clear with your information there and tell them as much as you can. Then you might be able to solve the problem.
Take a look at this for more info on how to submit a bug the right way: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting#latest
I get the small lag spikes at EXACTLY same places as you do, but i don't get so big framedrops as game is all the time 60 fps, and these lag spikes are really annoying as I said before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Willemq12 said:
Started getting bigger framerate drops at Bahrain at Night weahter
Yeah, I also did my race at Bahrain and it was pretty bad. Very annoying and nearly unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
With me, it is far worse than in the videos. I get 5 FPS slideshows with extreme input lag. It can last more than 10 seconds and after a slideshow everything fast forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
I had another bug, but I'm not sure if it's related to the original problem. My game crashed when in an interview with the error popping up: "D3D device disconnected." There was a bunck of other text but I didn't have enough time to take a screenshot, because it quit te game.
Again, not sure if it's related, but it's extra information I can give to @hoo and his team.
I'll try to reproduce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
My game started to work without any problems now. At least at China...
@supersnel
Try taking off camera movement in camera settings.
I hope you get your game working better now!
Edit: the lag spikes came back at baku 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×