Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game breaking bug, lagspikes, slowdowns. [PC]

It would be nice if everyone inform their specs, i'm seeing a lot of Intel 4th gen... (4790k here), something related to motherboard chipset dunno....

This is my dxdiag: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZdIl0FS7EKa0D1dIfw60Mc4he2LcKj0/view?usp=sharing

@Guilhermao  it's probably overuse of CPU issue.
Also my dxdiag:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XYo21oJHG4uI6Ie_IEts_TOQtX09AGuv/view

Willemq12 said:
 @Guilhermao  it's probably overuse of CPU issue.
Also my dxdiag:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XYo21oJHG4uI6Ie_IEts_TOQtX09AGuv/view
Probably not, according to MSI Afterburner my CPU usage is below 70%, and I have a weaker i5 4460. GPU usage drops to 0% when the lag spike happens.

@supersnel - we're currently pursuing a few different angles with these issues. One suggestion was to check whether you were using the Ryzen Master tool, which contains an option to select "game mode" settings for your CPU. Is this something that you're currently using? If not, are you willing to try this out to see if this improves your situation?

There seems to be 20-25% spike in CPU usage compared to average, but still CPU usage doesn't exceed 70% for me.

Tried to put f1 2018 process to high priority, no effect

Hoo said:
@supersnel - we're currently pursuing a few different angles with these issues. One suggestion was to check whether you were using the Ryzen Master tool, which contains an option to select "game mode" settings for your CPU. Is this something that you're currently using? If not, are you willing to try this out to see if this improves your situation?
I don't really use the Ryzen Master Utility, so I was definitely not using this so called 'game mode'.
So when I went in my RMU, that I downloaded a year ago when building my PC, I didn't see a game mode.
I did some research on it and it looks like the game mode preset, because that's what it is a preset, wasn't in the RMU since version 1.2 or 1.3. The version I had installed was 1.0 so I went ahead and removed this from my pc. I downloaded the newest version (1.4) and installed it. I actually have a custom OC I made myself in the BIOS (uefi) so that one was displayed.
I could change it from that to game mode, but I really wouldn't want to do it, unless I really have to in order to fix it. 
From what I've read online; 
http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/amd-master-program-game-mode-crash/
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3702101/question.html
http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/892oe3/ryzen_master_game_mode_black_screen_after_bsod/
it makes the computer behave very unstable with bsod's.
Also, game mode doesn't seem to be doing anything unless you're using a Threadripper, what I'm not using in my pc.
It disables half of the cores or something on Threadripper in order to boost single core performance.
https://www.anandtech.com/show/11726/retesting-amd-ryzen-threadrippers-game-mode-halving-cores-for-more-performance/17

So if you don't mind, I won't try it out. Other people are free to do if they want to. I tried disabling my OC, but that didn't resolve the stutter I'm getting.

I have some more information though that may help you. If you need it, you can find it below.
It's a test I ran around Melbourne and Bahrain in benchmark mode. The Bahrain one was the worst one. Although it was in the rain I don't think that caused the more stutter. As mentioned a couple of days ago, the Bahrain track is worse overall when it comes to this stutter. Runs were performed with TAA checkerboarding to prevent bottlenecks. First run with HBAO+ second one without.
I include a HWMonitor file (text document), the 2 benchmark files and a video of the run with RivaTuner enabled.

-Melbourne:
https://sendgb.com/b9zNUFI1Lto
-Bahrain:
https://sendgb.com/AuebfHq0Sxc

If there's anything else you want me to do, definitely let me know.

I installed the game yesterday and had no problems at all. Played for + 2 hours.
But when i started the game this morning i had the exact same problem as you guys are talking about.
all cut-scenes are stuttering and lagging. All voice, music and audio is stuttering. 
If i go out alone on a track the fps is "okay", had around 90 FPS yesterday and now i'm at 60 alone on track, 10 - 30 FPS with other cars.
As soon as other cars join the track it get's unplayable.

Hopes are high for a fix :)
I'm on a Ryzen 1700 - GTX 1070 and 16 gb ram.

Ok, so it looks like the stutters are mostly appearing at around the same places around the circuit. Not always, but it seems like there's a bigger chance a stutter will happen at that particular place on track.
This is a stutter from the first type then, "the regular ones". You also have the ones occuring at heavier workloads, such as when starting a race, driving in the pit box or when crashing into someone.
Online is also quite bad, I loose a second every lap, and even when there are no AI cars in the lobby.

And here's another factor that we can maybe rule out, or it is for me anyway;
Is anyone on a prerelease version of Windows? I'm a Windows Insider of the slow ring, so I would like to rule out that this isn't causing the problem.

I've also updated my Nvidia drivers to the new optimised drivers now, but as many of you suggested, this doesn't make a difference.

I am also experiencing large amounts of stutters and lag. Mostly in multiplayer.

Hz3rd said:
I am also experiencing large amounts of stutters and lag. Mostly in multiplayer.
This has probably to do with people joining/leaving the session. I believe this is a known bug that will hopefully be fixed.
Bug in the tuning of the car ... Braking power 50% and 70% without differences ... Always blocks equal wheel.
Please don't report other bugs here. Instead make a new topic on "Technical Assistance", explaining your issue clearly.
Please read this first before posting anything: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting#latest

Hello all, I'm quite new to the forums so apologies if I have updated in the incorrect place. I was too having the same issues as you described about and in the YouTube Video mentioned before. I have been able to fix the issue by doing the following.

• Using the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE, I optimised the game for my Graphics card (GTX1080). It changed one of the settings for me. I was originally running the preset Ultra. 
  • Anti-Aliasing - This has gone from TAA to TAA Checkerboard.
I have since played the game for a few hours and havent come across any freezes at all. I hope this helps you guys as well. That one setting made the game completely playable again :)

Have a good day!

Shane  

Hello All. A possible experiment to try is to disable texture streaming. This can be done by editing the hardware_settings file. To do this:
  • Browse to "...\Documents\My Games\<game_folder>\hardwaresettings\"
  • Locate the file "hardware_settings_config.xml and open with any text editor
  • Locate the lines to do with texture streaming and edit it so that it reads as follows:
<texture_streaming sizeInMiB="0" />
Let us know if this has any effect on the problems that you are seeing.

Hoo said:
Hello All. A possible experiment to try is to disable texture streaming. This can be done by editing the hardware_settings file. To do this:
  • Locate the lines to do with texture streaming and edit it so that it reads as follows:

Man the final effect is amazing! Did race at Bahrain where the lag was really big, and I had pure game without any problems! Thanks for helping me and hopefully others fixing the issue.

Hoo said:

I tested this setting in two 25% races at Montreal and Interlagos where the lag spikes are notoriously bad for me. In both cases I had a single, although longer than usual freeze, at Montreal in lap 7 and at Interlagos in lap 3. Apart from the big freeze no other lagging/freezing, "butter smooth" we could say (although the camera shake takes away from the smoothness, another topic). However, naturally, the textures looked very bad.

All in all not a proper fix on my system, however it's going in the right direction.

@hoo
Sadly for me, I'm definitely still getting them.
Here a graph of my CPU utilization: https://imgur.com/a/sPDAbhw
You can definitively see where the frame drops are happening.
And here a graph of my GPU utilization: https://imgur.com/a/jPBErV6
Same thing here.
This is my hardware settings config file:  https://pastebin.com/AKKxFewE
Maybe you can see something that isn't right.

It's very annoying. I would say they're still about the same length as before and still as many as before. So in my case, it really didn't help a lot.
That's also probably why lowering the settings didn't work. It's very strange because neither my CPU or GPU usage are maxing out, so it has definitely nothing to do with bottlenecking. My normal framerate is just fine. (around 90 fps)
I was really hoping it would fix it after reading all the reactions, but it doesn't seem like it.

@SoloWingX
Can you please test it really well, to see if it wasn't a one off result. I know you did 2 25% races, but you know, we need to be sure.

I'll include one more video then, to show the persistent stutter I'm getting. 
You've probably seen enough video's by now, but if you need it, you can find it here.

You'll also find all the graphs of my utilization from HWMonitor.
Graph starting point is when I pause the game at lap 2.
The stutter was once again happening at nearly every time the same places on track.
https://sendgb.com/vntKU7SHelW (The graphs in this package are wrong, they aren't from the video. Video is the right one though.)
https://sendgb.com/ZiGJr2uBhnY (These are the right graphs for the video in the previous package.)

At this point, I really have no clue what's causing it. I so, so, so, so hope you can fix it. I'm losing about a second every lap in online because of this :( . I know you guys are putting a lot of work in the game and in fixing bugs, so I would say: Keep going!
Hopefully we'll get there. I appreciate the work you're putting into this and I think everyone here.

I really enjoy the game if I disregard this bug.

If there's anything I can do to test out, let me know. I'll be more than happy to search for a solution.

And to everyone on here: Please keep posting updates on your specific situation if it has to do with this issue.

Hoo said:

I tried this and did a 25% race around Bahrain at night. Had 8 lagspikes in total, so it didn't really work for me.
I'm running a Ryzen 2600 with 8gb of ram clocked to 2666mhz and a gtx1070.

I'll try some other tracks with 25% races later today and report back.

Hoo said:

""I tried this and did a 25% race around Bahrain at night. Had 7 lagspikes in total, so it didn't really work for me.
I'm running a Ryzen 2600 with 8gb of ram clocked to 2666mhz and a gtx1070.

I'll try some other tracks with 25% races later today and report back.""

Can you confirm that you are experiencing the exact same bug as shown in the videos posted before? That would be very helpful.
Btw. Bahrain seems to be one of the worst tracks for me too. 

Shane57 said:
Hello all, I'm quite new to the forums so apologies if I have updated in the incorrect place. I was too having the same issues as you described about and in the YouTube Video mentioned before. I have been able to fix the issue by doing the following.

• Using the GEFORCE EXPERIENCE, I optimised the game for my Graphics card (GTX1080). It changed one of the settings for me. I was originally running the preset Ultra. 
  • Anti-Aliasing - This has gone from TAA to TAA Checkerboard.
I have since played the game for a few hours and havent come across any freezes at all. I hope this helps you guys as well. That one setting made the game completely playable again :)

Have a good day!

Shane  
I've tried doing that multiple times, tried all the different possible setting, playing on ultra low even, but it didn't make a difference.
Thanks for you're advice though.

Hello, i tried this in Montreal and Melbourne in 25% race 

It works for me, I had 0 lagspikes, slowdown etc. ( Before this "fix" i had like 20 lagspikes per turn so that was undrivable in low and Ultra settings  at 60 fps )

My specs :

Intel i5 6600
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 2 Go
8 Go Ram at 2133 hz

I had this exact same bug in F1 2017. Codemaster didn't even tried to fix this... So sad, seriously...

The game base is basically GRID, and it has still the ghost/pause bug that GRID had... 

HAHAHAHAH Seriously?

AMD released 1.18.2 drivers for their CPU which include improvement of optimalisation of F1 2018. if that works then the game will work even better for me! 

Willemq12 said:
AMD released 1.18.2 drivers for their CPU which include improvement of optimalisation of F1 2018. if that works then the game will work even better for me! 
Can you list the link to the source? Would be greatly appreciated. But I don't really get what you mean with "CPU driver". Do you mean a bios update for a motherboard?
The only "driver update" I could find that was CPU related, was for the Ryzen Master Utility.
I guess you have seen it wrong and mean this one: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-8-2
It's a driver update for AMD graphics card and is version 18.8.2
Did I spot a little mistake ;) , or am I looking over something here?

When I compete in career mode (Australia), the fuel very quick run out. So when i use standard mix with medium-short shift, then the fuel going lower, and this is very annoying.
In Quick race mode, the fuel works good.
Another bug, when i use the flashback then decrease my fps for a second.  Stuttering the game, and this is bad feeling.
What i want, how the Ferrari car look like the real Ferrari, I would like to say the car mirror in real life fit to the Halo, and in game the mirror fit to the car chassis. Please guys fix this.
Thank you!