Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game breaking bug, lagspikes, slowdowns. [PC]

I am on i7 8700K and this lag spike happens to me only when I use the "Replay". This started happening after the latest patch. It's horrible since the car will rev up while the game remains frozen and it will shoot me into a wall. I have to let go of the steering wheel because it's so violent after the game catches up. I am getting a black screen sometimes during gameplay too. I had no issues prior to the new patch release.

Just wanted to bump this thread since there's no activity. I stopped playing altogether, waiting for a fix. I hope the devs are working on it :)

Yeah, me too. A lot of the game is still unplayable for me because of the stutter. Still the same circumstances and same vehabehav. Lee said that he was going to get yrought this topic in the past week, but still nothing has happened yet. We're still waiting...

I actually have the same freezes, I7 8700 GTX 1070, I refunded after Australia because it was so bad. It actually happened on the same corners multiple times and once on another. I don't think its based on any hardware. 

@Hoo any update on this matter? Have you been able to replicate it or understand it from the videos? An update saying "we are on it" with a little detail would make us feel a lot better, I think.

Hi. We are working on a couple of leads at the moment. We are also taking another look through all of the posts here as it looks like there is more than one issue being discussed and we need to be sure that we are looking at the right thing.

Okay so stutter happens for me too however for some reason when I open the game and dont skip the code masters intro and just let it through till the menu, then do a time trial before career to make sure no stutter, it seems to work fine but only sometimes...

As far as I know when you run a game at higher resolutions than 1080p, let's say 1440p or 2160p, the performance of the game relies more on the GPU than the CPU. So, taking into consideration this information I made some test running the game using Nvidia DSR because I have a 1080p monitor.

My PC:
CPU: Intel Core I5 4690K at 4.3 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1333 Mhz.
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo.

Surprisingly the game at 1440p runs on my PC better than it does at 1080p. Of course, at 1440p you get less FPS but the game runs more stable, smoothness and with less lagspikes. It's not perfect, it's a temporary solution and you need a high end GPU to do it. If you have an AMD GPU you have to activate AMD VSR to do the same.

My conclusion is that the lagspikes, slowdowns, etc that we experience playing the game are related with the way the game handles and uses the CPU, especially when the game runs at 1080p. Maybe the game produces some kind of overload on the CPU that results on the lost of performance.

I hope this information is useful to the the users of the forum and the Codemasters staff.

Win10 GameDVR was my issue...

Disabled in both places in Registry
Rebooted PC

Not a single lag spike in 3 races, where as I was getting it most laps (Australia especially)

Windows 10 Pro build 17134.285
nVidia 398.82 Drivers (I know these aren't the latest but the latest ones do not offer as high a framerate in other games so I rolled back to this one)
GTX 750 2gb
i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz
32gb RAM
512gb EVO SSD

MurdoD said:
Win10 GameDVR was my issue...

Disabled in both places in Registry
Rebooted PC

Not a single lag spike in 3 races, where as I was getting it most laps (Australia especially)

Windows 10 Pro build 17134.285
nVidia 398.82 Drivers (I know these aren't the latest but the latest ones do not offer as high a framerate in other games so I rolled back to this one)
GTX 750 2gb
i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz
32gb RAM
512gb EVO SSD

I tried this tweak of yours. In a 5 lap race at Montreal there were no lag spikes, In a 25% at Interlagos I had 2, one right before the leader finished the race and the message came (maybe the game handles these situations badly). Better, for sure, thanks for the tip. Still some microstutter present though, or maybe the shaky camera in cockpit view plays with my brain.

Hi
@Hoo @supersnel

I got the same problem also in random lag, stuttering, freeze for 0.5 or 1 sec.
And some times also the audio.
In f1 2017 i had also that problem i was hoping that they fix it in f1 2018 but no sad enough.

My specs
GTX 1080TI
I7 7820X
16GB ram

2560*1440
165ghz

I read every thing here and try something out before i start my career (singapore)
i chance my setup like this, the detail preset on ultra high and chance the texture streaming on ultra low.
And i read on a other topic or website.
Chance the audio update rate to low.

I see a lot of different with the previous race less random lags

On career singapore q1 and q2 i got still the lag random.
And the race it self (50% race) only the first 2 or 3 laps random lags.
And 3 or 4 times only in turn 1 time the AI was close behind me and the other 2 i was in front of AI and the last one was direct coming out of the pit with AI in pit and passing by. 

The rest of the race was smooth, so i think maybe the car models or something not right?
i will test more in the evening next career race russia i think.

Can somebody test this also and give a feedback if you have the same like me or not on singapore.

Little late but today i did russia.
Practice 1,2,3 random lag

Q1 random lag
Q2 and Q3 less lag maybe less trafic?

In the race for 2-3 laps random lags and the pitstop non lag only one of the force inda was passing by.
And bottas was behind me for couple laps.
And not every lap i got lag just once and one time bottas was 2 sec and hamilton 3 sec behind me i got 1 lag.
Rest of the race was smooth.

So i think how more traffic in your screen more lag you have, so i think maybe redesign the car models or is there a option to set the car models less grapic?

PS still use the same grapic and audio options.
Audio update rate to low and texture streaming on ultra low.
Rest detail preset ultra high.

Don't know if this will help anyone? But! If you are using Bluetooth headphones, tried a pair of wired ones and see if it makes a difference?
Please report back either way thanks.

Just thought id add my experiences here.
I have
GTX 1070
16G ram
i7 3770 @3.40 GHz
64 bit

I find that the opening to the game always stutters at the same moments (When the 5 lights are lighting up)
In gameplay I do get random mini stutters and freezes, sometimes when im near other cars, other times seemingly randomly.
But it seems track specific quite often. For example, for me, Germany is my worst track. I get about 3 lags per lap every lap, at the same parts of the race track. I do full distance races, and without fail, the game will always stutter at the long straight which is considered turn 5, near where DRS is enabled.
Next area is under braking for turn 8, and finally under braking for turn 12.
Every lap, without fail, I get small lags/freezes here. It had made me wonder of the possibility of maybe some graphic being loaded in the area being way too memory sensitive or something?

Bowzer33 said: 
I have
GTX 1070
16G ram
i7 3770 @3.40 GHz
64 bit

I find that the opening to the game always stutters at the same moments (When the 5 lights are lighting up)
In gameplay I do get random mini stutters and freezes, sometimes when im near other cars, other times seemingly randomly.
But it seems track specific quite often. For example, for me, Germany is my worst track. I get about 3 lags per lap every lap, at the same parts of the race track. I do full distance races, and without fail, the game will always stutter at the long straight which is considered turn 5, near where DRS is enabled.
Every lap, without fail, I get small lags/freezes here. It had made me wonder of the possibility of maybe some graphic being loaded in the area being way too memory sensitive or something?
Yes, you summed it up nicely. This was also my experience. France for me is very bad though. Texture streaming doesn't do anything and turning down settings or resolution won't work. Even with patch 1.06 I still get the massive stutters.

CM said they were going to sort out the different problems, but it's already been a few weeks and nothing has happened. When a new update rolls around, I always hope for improvement but it doesn't happen.

What you are telling is exactly what I told in my first post. It's really disappointing to see.

AOR starts in 2 weeks time, I hope they fix it before that. 

Anyway, we can't do anything unless CM tells us a little bit more. 

monjue said:
Don't know if this will help anyone? But! If you are using Bluetooth headphones, tried a pair of wired ones and see if it makes a difference?
Please report back either way thanks.
My PC doesn't even have BT so no, it has nothing to do with that.

Hi there,

I'm experiencing the same issue. At random intervals, my frame rate drops by around 40 frames causing the game to stutter and freeze. The home straight in Melbourne is particularly problematic, but it's happened elsewhere on the track too.

Specs: GTX 1080ti / i5 8600k / 16gb RAM / Windows 10.
Settings: 3440 x 1440 / High and Ultra High, as well as Low and High audio upload all have the same problem.

Disabling Game DVR and Steam Cloud Sync haven't resolved the issue. Neither has enabling VSync.

See enclosed a screenshot of afterburner which show the framerate drops. which also cause an increase in frametime and a drop in GPU usage. Temperatures are all within tolerance.

https://imgur.com/a/MK4sEpq
https://imgur.com/a/ujQRPaa

Any help most welcomed!

Bowzer33 said:
I have
GTX 1070
16G ram
i7 3770 @3.40 GHz
64 bit

Totally agree with you! This is EXACTLY the problem I and many others have had since the release of this game. Updates and fix suggestions have made absolutely no difference. Currently i feel like i have had my money stolen from me and will continue to do so until this is fixed within a reasonable amount of time. I can no longer get a refund from steam because i have passed the allowed amount of time due to helping Code Masters fix a problem they have done NOTHING about.

Its hard not to get angry.. like i said, i feel like i have had money stolen from me. Like a lot of you guys I've invested a lot of my own personal time into this, helping Code Masters and received absolutely nothing in return. 

I am also annoyed at this situation as this has been going on since the game was released and is literally a game breaking issue that stops me from playing the game and I cannot get a refund due to the length of time played testing different things. Does anybody know how I can get a refund in this case? I feel the only way people will listen is if we refund. 

So, it's been a long time since i dont post here but the problem persists. Since the game has been cracked, Codemasters should consider removing DENUVO, i dont know but i could say denuvo could be the source of our problems. 

Your "Various stability and performance fixes" didn't do it.
On 1.07 I'm still getting these stutters. Unbelievable.
Maybe also make an info request topic?

supersnel said:
Your "Various stability and performance fixes" didn't do it.
On 1.07 I'm still getting these stutters. Unbelievable.
Maybe also make an info request topic?
I agree. Theres a few threads on this issue and it might be worth having one info request topic pinned here so people can compile all their info in one main pinned thread.

I would argue that this is one of the bigger issues at the moment given that the game is literally unplayable with this. 

Sorry to directly tag you @hoo but it would be nice to know where this is on the list of priorities with the team. I completely understand its a huge issue but it is a game breaking issue at the same time which is preventing many of us from playing. Some of us have been testing for so long that we are also no longer eligible for a refund so we are forced to wait.