Sign in to follow this  

Joining ranked session doesnt work F1 2018

Question

for some reason when trying to join a ranked session it keeps saying please wait then if i wait  eventually it says ¨ERROR cannot join session, session cancelled is this a problem with my game or just a bug because its just released?

15 answers to this question

You should be able to join the 25% races. I found that the 5 lap races didn't work though. No idea when that'll be fixed... hopefully soon :smiley:

Tried 25% as well as 5%, got the error from OP in both cases.
Update: Experienced this in unranked sessions as well

for some reason when trying to join a ranked session it keeps saying please wait then if i wait  eventually it says ¨ERROR cannot join session, session cancelled is this a problem with my game or just a bug because its just released?
same happens to me :(

online doesn't work nat settings are fine just no one can join, its a mess and because its a ank holiday no way its getting fixed till early next week, games not fit for purpose

Ranked online sessions have not been working since 24 hours now (non ranked games are working fine). If you try to join a ranked game it won't connect on 49 of 50 attempts. Cmon codies, this should be your first priority to fix or atleast give us some information about the problem and when it'll be fixed. So many people wan't to play ranked games :neutral:

Yeah but the ranking and ratings don't work when you get in there anyway. Collision detection and blame aportioning is a shambles. You can ram people off track and get nothing, you can get hit off and lose safety and skill.

I do have the same problem (In The Netherlands) 

Every time I shut down my PS4, my online Statistics are being reset... 
I've driven several (ranked) races but my driven KM's are still 0 
average Q position 0
Total raced 0 etc etc...

Really annoying.

tylord221 said:
full week and couldnt connect to ranked.  cp 7 error message every time.  previously no issues.  
That error message means that you were unable to connect to a session due to a connection error. Likely causes are bandwidth issues, high packet loss on your network, the console doing something else in the background and not being able to process the messages with PSN properly, or PSN service instability. I'd recommend the following:
  1. Do a hard reboot of the system and then launch directly into the game without launching any other apps or suspending the system
  2. Run the "Test Network" option in the PS4 options menu (under the Network setting) should give you basic info and check whether everything is working correctly.
  3. Check that no one else is using / abusing your internet connection at the same time as you are trying to play the game! 
  4. Check your router / firewall logs to see if you are dropping packets, or preventing traffic between your console and Sony
  5. Check the web for any reports of PSN instability or maintenance in your region.