Jump to content Jump to content

Time Trial times at Le Castellet need to Removed!

IxIH4YDENIxI

Hi, 

with all the dirty "legitimate" laps that occurred on F1 2017, it seems that this has been carried over to F1 2018. 

Currently the game awards an invalid lap ONCE you return to the track.

"So what about if you don't return to the track?"

video below shows the fastest time, as i was recording, showing how you can achieve a "clean" lap without all the sweat. 

http://youtu.be/G0ALO-DK_YY

Because of this, people are setting times over 10 seconds quicker than the actual fastest legit times! 

I hope this gets resolved quickly because it's ruined the fun of trying to beat other people's times when they can just turn the track literally into an oval! 
  • Codemasters Staff
Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. I've moved it to the technical support area of the forum so we can investigate the issue.
Please could you let us know what platform you were playing on? Also, do you know the name of the leaderboard entry that set this time in the video as it didn't appear to be your own personal best? Thanks.
Hoo said:
Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. I've moved it to the technical support area of the forum so we can investigate the issue.
Please could you let us know what platform you were playing on? Also, do you know the name of the leaderboard entry that set this time in the video as it didn't appear to be your own personal best? Thanks.
Platform was on xbox and in the video it shows the gamertags of all the drivers in the top 9, ONLY Veloce Surprize is a legal time from what i've looked at. Although since the video more people have posted times using this glitch.

The Ghost GT was voldermorph,

curious to know why there is no sector times shown or the gap between you and another driver has been removed? the sector times would show the anomalies pretty quick. Thanks for the quick response :) 
Actually i would like to mention that this was very relevant in the past on F1 2017 with the esports events, in regards to track limits/invalidating laps.
I've already noticed on multiple tracks the track limits are inconsistent, most likely to do with how its programed. i'd say its a much better system if it were to invalidate your lap as soon as all 4 wheels are past the white lines. doesn't matter if you make a mistake or not, or if you gained time or not it should be like that, which will deter people from going off track.
obviously getting hit by another car and then getting a penalty while being stuck in a wall isn't going to work however i'd want to help improve on this issue! 
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. We have added a fix for this in the latest update (Up on Steam now and coming soon to PS4 and Xbox One). Please let us know if you find any further issues. You can check out all the fixes for 1.07 here.

Archived