Sign in to follow this  

This is not the bug reporting topic

Every year it is the same thing over and over. No I'm not talking about the bugs but about the bug reports. Every year the forum is filled with bug reports about bugs that are not in my game. Do I have a special version? No? I have one of the three different versions. Yes there are 3 versions of the game. One for, PC, PS4 and Xbox. That's the reason why I see so many bug reports that don't effect my game. Most of the time when I read the OP, I think, "strange I haven't encountered that" and then on page 2 of the topic someone asks something about PC specifications and finally we get to the answer on why there is a bug report, it's something PC component related. Maybe try to be more specific about the bug by also mentioning the platform you are on from the start? That way you won't get like 10 replies that don't help you like  "nah works fine on PS4" 

Also, people should realise they are to post bug reports in the technical assistance forum, general discussion isn't made for it.

sebasdenb said:
Also, people should realise they are to post bug reports in the technical assistance forum, general discussion isn't made for it.
True but most of the time it starts with a general discussion. "Something just happened whilst I was racing, suddenly >insert bug<. "

Expect them to search the forum before posting too and post a meaningful title.

This generation can't even help themselves. 

Shock: The 'internet' is not a source of wisdom or a place that will provide you the answer. It is full of people like you and me who may or may not have experienced what you are experiencing and may have the longer-term exposure to share previous experience or geniune insight.

Hi everyone.
I just want to share you a bug and see if somebody else is concerned.  I can't do anything about that except waiting for a patch to correct it. 
I'm from Switzerland. I play on PS4 with a wheel without aids and with the cockpit view . Just got the game yesterday. 
Already a big update to dowload and install when i put the game in the console. 
I just went in time trial to test the gameplay to have a first look and after 1 lap, there was a graphic bug. 
When i turn with the wheel ,the car turns but not the wheel on screen..   ( with the driver's hand etc..)  
It's really ugly , annoying and it makes the game alomost unplayable for the moment.  
I'm not here to complain. Just let me know if you meet a similar issue.  I'll feel a bit less alone. 
I was expecting problems. It's the same shit every years with Codemasters when their new unfinished game comes out...
But that kind of bug.... its never seen before for me..

Hi everyone.
I just want to share you a bug and see if somebody else is concerned.  I can't do anything about that except waiting for a patch to correct it. 
I'm from Switzerland. I play on PS4 with a wheel without aids and with the cockpit view . Just got the game yesterday. 
I just went in time trial to test the gameplay to have a first look and after 1 lap, there was a graphic bug. 
When i turn with the wheel ,the car turns but not the wheel on screen..   ( with the driver's hand etc..)  
It's really ugly , annoying and it makes the game alomost unplayable for the moment.  
I'm not here to complain. Just let me know if you meet a similar issue.  I'll feel a bit less alone. 
I was expecting problems. It's the same **** every years with Codemasters when their new unfinished game comes out...

That's just an option mate. Go to graphics settings and set 'steering animation' to 'on'.

Having said that, you couldn't have given @BelgiumDude a more fitting answer to this topic though xD

Hi everyone.
I was expecting problems. It's the same **** every years with Codemasters when their new unfinished game comes out...

That's just an option mate. Go to graphics settings and set 'steering animation' to 'on'.
What an idiot i'am.... thank you mate.

I just figuered out somethings, that were in F1 2017 and they were good - in F1 2018 they aren't anymore:

- you can't change the difficult and racelength in career mode - or I didn't found it. The optionmenu were you could normally change it, is greyed.

- same bug as in f1 2017 at the beginning: First race, Gasly did an round with 24 seconds, because only the third sector was counted.

- you can't simulate the rest of the race?! 

Every year it is the same thing over and over. No I'm not talking about the bugs but about the bug reports. Every year the forum is filled with bug reports about bugs that are not in my game. ..

Platform specific problems aside; If 1000 people play a game and 10 of them encounter an issue, it's those 10 issues that will usually make up 90% of the game's forum topics. Forums tend to sketch an overly negative image, as you might not encounter many (if any) of those listed issues at all when playing yourself.

I was going to make a thread about that too.They will get more help if they let us know what platform they were playing on.The issue they have most likely won't happen across all 3 platforms.The title of this thread should be "what platform" instead of "all platforms".

If game companies want better bug reporting from customers, then I think game companies should lead the way by providing better public bug tracking & handling. Instead, every year it's the same disorganized mess of poor public bug tracking, so it's the same corresponding mess of poor bug reporting.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this Technical Assistance sub-forum titled "F1 Games: TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE & BUG REPORTS - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" with detailed instructions on how to report a bug in a way that gives CodeMasters the relevant info they need to troubleshoot...

...And, more importantly, I think there should also be a corresponding sticky thread titled something like "F1 2018 Known Issues Log & Status" as a quickly-accessible & authoritative source where CodeMasters keeps an up-to-date list of the problems they're aware of along with the current status of each issue.

Instead, a good number of CodeMasters' responses to bug reports consist of little more than something like "I will forward this on to the design/dev team" and that's about as far as it often appears to go. If there is any response or resolution, it's often buried in a random thread on a forum with a poorly-functioning search page, giving consumers poor visibility into issues & progress.

Operator1 said:

If game companies want better bug reporting from customers, then I think game companies should lead the way by providing better public bug tracking & handling. Instead, every year it's the same disorganized mess of poor public bug tracking, so it's the same corresponding mess of poor bug reporting.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this Technical Assistance sub-forum titled "F1 Games: TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE & BUG REPORTS - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING" with detailed instructions on how to report a bug in a way that gives CodeMasters the relevant info they need to troubleshoot...

...And, more importantly, I think there should also be a corresponding sticky thread titled something like "F1 2018 Known Issues Log & Status" as a quickly-accessible & authoritative source where CodeMasters keeps an up-to-date list of the problems they're aware of along with the current status of each issue.

Instead, a good number of CodeMasters' responses to bug reports consist of little more than something like "I will forward this on to the design/dev team" and that's about as far as it often appears to go. If there is any response or resolution, it's often buried in a random thread on a forum with a poorly-functioning search page, giving consumers poor visibility into issues & progress.

True. There is a problem with how they handle support. People have become so lazy these days they just post whatever wherever. So support should adapt to that. Before you are able to post a new thread you should have to choose some labels. "What platform?" "do you have a problem" "a suggestion". Those kind of things Ultimately based on those labels those threads end up where they belong.

XBOX Big when using Fanatec ClubSport Wheel and McLaren Rim. If you use a controller to communicate in multiplayer the game will often forget your wheel settings. You will need to go to preferences and select the wheel profile to re-engage. Also the FFB strength with this wheel is waaaay over the top. I’ve found setting it to 45% gives you better feel but there is still some work needed imho.

How is it possible that vettel can do a 0:41.873 in Canada in a practice session in carrier mode? Got a screenshot to prove it. 

Bishmania said:
How is it possible that vettel can do a 0:41.873 in Canada in a practice session in carrier mode? Got a screenshot to prove it. 

If you interrupt the flow of the session by pausing/flashbacks/accelerating time/returning to garage/flying laps instead of driving out etc, then the computer has to remember where all the AI were, what they were doing etc.  Sometimes it makes mistakes and 'jumps' the AI on the track, hence the unrealistic lap times.  It's always best to let the session playout naturally in real time, especially Qualy and race. I appreciate it's difficult.

Hey, i found some bugs too, if i enter a screen (car mionitor. workstation monitor) in carrier mode, the whole game start too laggs, i know it could be too  high graphic settings, but this bug randomly happens, even ifg i set lowest setting what is possible.

And i have a wish too, pls set turnable the depsh of field, wothout turning off all post process effect, ha hate dof or any useless bloom effects :/

Bishmania said:

If you interrupt the flow of the session by pausing/flashbacks/accelerating time/returning to garage/flying laps instead of driving out etc, then the computer has to remember where all the AI were, what they were doing etc.  Sometimes it makes mistakes and 'jumps' the AI on the track, hence the unrealistic lap times.  It's always best to let the session playout naturally in real time, especially Qualy and race. I appreciate it's difficult.
I think the issue is that it shouldn't do this from a "finished" and "polished" game that is released. These are the sort of things that should be picked up in testing. Why is it expected that a user has to workaround an issue to play the game? They shouldn't have to. I understand that they will have to if they want to keep playing until a fix is implemented but this sort of thing really shouldn't be happening from a released game especially as these things seem to be happening every year.