Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with CPUs which has SSSE3 compatibility [PC, version 1.04]

This topic is ment for all the CPUs who does have the SSSE3 compatibility (for a list of CPUs see wikipedia).

The problem is the same as described by others without the SSSE3 compatible processors. It crashes to the desktop every time when starting a time trial / race / benchmark mode.

F1 2017 was working flawless on high settings on my PC, sadly enough I already deleted it to make space for F1 2018 (which I shouldn't have done, because now I can't play both games)...

I really hope Codemasters will look into this, and hopefully fix, these problems.
I've sent the DxDiag and crash dump to the community mail address.

Thank you in advance!

Hello All. Please could you provide summary of your core PC specs so that we can see if there is any connection that might help us to track down the issue? Thanks.

Hoo said:
Hello All. Please could you provide summary of your core PC specs so that we can see if there is any connection that might help us to track down the issue? Thanks.
Hi. I’m having the same problem. Here you have my specs:

- 2x Intel Xeon X5365
- Radeon RX 460 4GB

i know it’s a bit unusual, but it’s still fine and F1 2017 runs perfect.

Hoo said:
Amd ryzen 2200g
16 GB ram 

Hoo said:
CPU: intel core 2 Quad Q6600
Radeon r7 360 2gb
f1 2017 worked perfectly

i5-3570k
8gb ram
gtx 1080ti

My whole pc freezes when i try to start the game, reinstalled windows 2 times, reinstalled the game multiple times on different hard drives. always the same problem :(

I seem to have found the fix that works for me... I completely resetted my BIOS and now it seems to work... strange that F1 2017 seems to run without a BIOS reset oO

Intel Core2Duo Q6600
Geforce GTX 1050 TI

Game crashes while loading the race/track. F1 2017 was fine.

Codmaster staff will have solution to the problem of F1 2018 game close alone in the loading screen?

F1 2017 game I play perfect without any problem

AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2 GHz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
ASUS Strix RX580 8GB

@jeff1280, @Andrey9020 - the Q6600 is below the minimum spec, so might suffer from a similar issue to the Phenoms where some parts of the code rely on more modern CPU features. We have forwarded on the information to our test team to investigate. 

@JohnArkoumanis, @ToothyTubs. If you haven't done so already, please send through your dxdiags, making sure that you quote this thread in your email. We will then send this information to our test lab to investigate.

Instructions on acquiring your dxdiag and sending to us can be found here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting.

I have the same problem with intel CPU is below minimum spec, but f1 2017 works perfectly.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2,40 GHz
Geforce GTS 450

The Game crashes while loading the race, track, championship.

Hoo said:
@jeff1280, @Andrey9020 - the Q6600 is below the minimum spec, so might suffer from a similar issue to the Phenoms where some parts of the code rely on more modern CPU features. We have forwarded on the information to our test team to investigate. 
I think it's necessary
  "EXE": "F1_2018.exe",
  "Version": 449820,
  "GameVersion": 449820,
  "ReportCode": "TXHP-EKXV-XBGD-DXMG",
  "Exception": "C000001D EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION at 000000004A655CC3",

Hello to everyone. I've got the same problem but on PS4 PRO. F1 2018 physical version (disc). I did everything possibile: restored console, reinitializate it, i changed Hdd but nothing. I tried every graphics settings on my 4k Samsung and on ps4 pro too. I've got the same  problem on f1 2017 digital too last year but i didn't resolve it. I'm very disappointed because i spend a lot of money for both (f1 2017 - f1 2018) and i can't play. Sorry for my english. PLEASE CODEMASTERS HELP ME!