Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2018 crashes on loading screen with CPUs which has SSSE3 compatibility [PC, version 1.04]

Hoo said:
@Nelcandido, @Andrey9020 - each year new features are added and improvements are made to many game systems. Sometimes this requires optimisations that are not possible on some older hardware, so compatibility with previous versions of the game doesn't mean the next game with work with the same hardware. However, I have logged this issue with the dev team to investigate further and will update you if I get any more information. 

Thanks, Hoo!

Hoo said:
monjue said:
@Hoo Can you please have a look at mine thanks? https://steamcommunity.com/id/monjue/

Im having many problems.. Game crashes during races, fps spikes, micro stutters during races, crackling sound that then lags by a second or so.. its just becoming unplayable. I have emailed crash report to CM a few days ago, but no reply.

Thank you.
Please can you start a new thread as this is a different issue. There are other threads reported about stuttering too, so please check these in case they are the same issue and have any workarounds that might help you.
Thanks @Hoo, I did start a thread a few days ago, but no one replied. Ill start a new one today. Thanks again.

Still lagging. Also, could you please thrash the lobby system for ranked. It's the most annoying thing ever and I also get put into the same lobby over and over with C players when I'm an A. I'm sure absolutely everybody in the developing team sees how brain dead it is that we have these lobbies and 8 loading screens for no reason other than "choosing the car" which you could set a preference before searching for a ranked race anyway. It's so frustrating I'm on the verge of uninstalling the game every time it happens to me.

Can't believe how much effort is being put into supporting people who buy the game despite not meeting the minimum spec.

Might as well just post "if you ran last year's game it will work" but obviously you can see the difficulty here.

Hi All. I've split out some of the comments into a thread to cover the game going to a black screen after loading into a track. For that issue, please see here: https://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/139841/pc-game-stuck-on-black-screen-after-loading-to-track.

This thread should be about failing to load into game on unsupported CPUs which are SSSE3 compliant (Core2s and Pentiums).

For anyone trying to run the game using a Core2 or Pentium processor, please let us know if v1.07 helps you get any further into the game. We made some changes which may help, but are unable to test this hardware in our test lab.

Hoo said:
For anyone trying to run the game using a Core2 or Pentium processor, please let us know if v1.07 helps you get any further into the game. We made some changes which may help, but are unable to test this hardware in our test lab.
Thank you @Hoo now the game works!