Sign in to follow this  

Online Races

Morning,

I normally only playing single player on the F1 series but I had a look at the online play last night and there were no lobby's open no matter what event I choose so could not have an online race... 

I'm using the PC does anyone else have this problem?

Everything is working fine for me. 

Can you please post a screenshot of your issue? It could be caused by the Quick Match feature. Try selecting "Custom Match" > "Find/Join Session".

Rayg1979 said:

Morning,

I normally only playing single player on the F1 series but I had a look at the online play last night and there were no lobby's open no matter what event I choose so could not have an online race... 

I'm using the PC does anyone else have this problem?

What is your Steam Download location? (I think it's Steam > Settings > Download).  That determines which sessions you see.  There are more if you set it to a UK location than if you set it to a North America location for instance.

... or join a League (like in my signature), and you will always have people to race online :)

The best place to race online in is leagues. In our league 99% of us are from England and we have no lag or anything like that, it's a lot better to join a league rather than join public lobbies.

PRL above really isn't the league you want to join, it has no community, all they care about is you turning up for numbers beyond that it doesn't matter, they say keep signing up even if the league is full because spaces always become available, we all know why because you get bashed off.

Ray, I too have issues finding races.  Leagues are really the best bet to find competitive races that are rewarding.  I suggest searching f1 2014 leagues and find one that would suit your schedule.  PRL has 4 divisions currently for different skill levels and run on Wednesday nights.  I'm sure you can find others as well.

HennoGarvie, you are here only to bash PRL, not provide any useful information.  PRL goes to great lengths to ensure fun and fair racing.  If a driver impedes the racing rules and is submitted to stewards, they work to resolve it and take action against those drivers.  As far as spaces opening up, some folks have schedule changes during leagues that require them to step down.  Your post seems a little bitter and not at all helpful the the OP.

Ray, I too have issues finding races.  Leagues are really the best bet to find competitive races that are rewarding.  I suggest searching f1 2014 leagues and find one that would suit your schedule.  PRL has 4 divisions currently for different skill levels and run on Wednesday nights.  I'm sure you can find others as well.

HennoGarvie, you are here only to bash PRL, not provide any useful information.  PRL goes to great lengths to ensure fun and fair racing.  If a driver impedes the racing rules and is submitted to stewards, they work to resolve it and take action against those drivers.  As far as spaces opening up, some folks have schedule changes during leagues that require them to step down.  Your post seems a little bitter and not at all helpful the the OP.

Don't worry the OP will soon reach puberty and will have real life issues to worry about.

Craig1405 said:

Don't worry the OP will soon reach puberty and will have real life issues to worry about.

Erm.... I'm 35 I think the whole puberty thing is done with now!  Cant see how asking a question means this is the biggest problem in my life?

Maybe when you reach puberty your be able to use a forum without trying to come up with smart arse comments.

PRL above really isn't the league you want to join, it has no community, all they care about is you turning up for numbers beyond that it doesn't matter, they say keep signing up even if the league is full because spaces always become available, we all know why because you get bashed off.

Are you sure you're qualified to assess PRL?  You did exactly half a race before you crashed into a wall and destroyed your car while no one was even close to you on track (I can post the video if you like?), and then you never raced again.  You posted on our forums 4 times.  Does this vast array of PRL experience make you qualified to make statements about our community, or what we care about, or the standard of our racing?

PRL care about clean racing before anything else.  We have a very experienced stewards panel to make sure of it, but our drivers know clean racing is the priority, so even with hundreds of drivers racing each week, the stewards panel quite often have nothing to do at all.

I'm not sure how you define community, but we have a family friendly website with lots of active forum members, over 100,000 posts, drivers always organizing unofficial practice sessions, joining PRL's chat server, sharing setups, strategy, posting race recaps, creating highlight videos, even playing non-racing games together.... sorry, but I don't know how we could possibly have more of a community unless we start having monthly meetups in different cities across the globe.... well, actually, lots of members have met each other on PRL and then met up in real life for drinks, dinner, to attend Grand Prix's and even to do some real world racing together!

Do we care about our "numbers"?  Of course we do, because without drivers, there is no racing, but it's far from "all" we care about.  We care about making our drivers feel welcome, making sure they understand we're a family friendly website/racing league, that we accept all skill levels, that our racing is clean.  PRL is a league for the drivers.  We value their input and their input has shaped our championships. 

The reason we encourage drivers to sign up if a league already has 16 drivers assigned to it is that's it's rare to get 16 drivers to show up to each race, so if only 14 or 15 show up, the first drivers on the waiting list will get to race.  It wouldn't make sense for a driver to think it's not worth signing up because a league is full if a seat would be available at the very next race, which it usually is.  As Milkromeda said, people's schedules change, and drivers come and go throughout the season.

Instead of making slanderous remarks about PRL, maybe focus on your own league?  This isn't a political campaign.  If your league succeeds, I'm very happy for you.

I just joined PRL a few weeks ago and I think they are a really good league, respectful and informative members, lots of forums and chatter...glad I joined and glad they'd have me racing tonight.  Can't wait!

Check them out, a good bunch of peeps...I'm going to drive as clean and fast as possible and get a good practice race in tonight.

Good day!

DrDetroit

As a PRL racer for about a year or more now, I think I can safely say that some of our drivers aren't very talented, and some are very talented. I may not have always been the best sport and I have only recently reconciled my actions, but I'm quite confident that this season is going to be a very interesting and competitive one.

Accidents happen, and you can't judge the entire league based off one bad experience. 

I'm grateful for everything Moogleslam does for us, and I believe he really does care about us.

Well from my experience, I joined on the forums(european league), someone told me how to join and everything, I join mumble, DJ Davey P turns up late and then doesn't take control of anything, everyone is silent, half can't speak English, just feels exactly like a public lobby.

Get into the race and I'm leading for most of it and then I get bashed off by second place, if youve got a video of me crashing into a wall then I can only assume it's lag due to hardly any of them being based in the UK. The american side I accept is well run but the European PC side just seems to be neglected, that's why I said there is no community, different drivers every week and the co-ordinator wasn't there for half the time either, so from my experience your league on the European side is awful.

Are you sure you're qualified to assess PRL?  You did exactly half a race before you crashed into a wall and destroyed your car while no one was even close to you on track (I can post the video if you like?), and then you never raced again.  You posted on our forums 4 times.  Does this vast array of PRL experience make you qualified to make statements about our community, or what we care about, or the standard of our racing?

PRL care about clean racing before anything else.  We have a very experienced stewards panel to make sure of it, but our drivers know clean racing is the priority, so even with hundreds of drivers racing each week, the stewards panel quite often have nothing to do at all.

I'm not sure how you define community, but we have a family friendly website with lots of active forum members, over 100,000 posts, drivers always organizing unofficial practice sessions, joining PRL's chat server, sharing setups, strategy, posting race recaps, creating highlight videos, even playing non-racing games together.... sorry, but I don't know how we could possibly have more of a community unless we start having monthly meetups in different cities across the globe.... well, actually, lots of members have met each other on PRL and then met up in real life for drinks, dinner, to attend Grand Prix's and even to do some real world racing together!

Do we care about our "numbers"?  Of course we do, because without drivers, there is no racing, but it's far from "all" we care about.  We care about making our drivers feel welcome, making sure they understand we're a family friendly website/racing league, that we accept all skill levels, that our racing is clean.  PRL is a league for the drivers.  We value their input and their input has shaped our championships. 

The reason we encourage drivers to sign up if a league already has 16 drivers assigned to it is that's it's rare to get 16 drivers to show up to each race, so if only 14 or 15 show up, the first drivers on the waiting list will get to race.  It wouldn't make sense for a driver to think it's not worth signing up because a league is full if a seat would be available at the very next race, which it usually is.  As Milkromeda said, people's schedules change, and drivers come and go throughout the season.

Instead of making slanderous remarks about PRL, maybe focus on your own league?  This isn't a political campaign.  If your league succeeds, I'm very happy for you.
outside the league I think you will find most act a bit differently! I can also say that everytime I have encountered PRL league racers in an open lobby its a complete free for all. its like this to me, we are in a league and obviously better than you so why shouldn't I (league guy) use the back end of your car as a brake?  seriously you can defend people when league racing but go and see what your league buddies are doing in open lobbies.

outside the league I think you will find most act a bit differently! I can also say that everytime I have encountered PRL league racers in an open lobby its a complete free for all. its like this to me, we are in a league and obviously better than you so why shouldn't I (league guy) use the back end of your car as a brake?  seriously you can defend people when league racing but go and see what your league buddies are doing in open lobbies.
In related news, the biotech company I work for also doesn't try to control what it's employees do when NOT on company time, nor is it responsible for their actions during said time :wink: 

I can't tell you how many times I've heard our drivers say they're joining to get away from the "rammers" in public races.  I haven't once heard "I'd like to supplement my public ramming with some clean racing on PRL"

I'm curious to know how you even know who PRL members are.  It's not like any of our drivers race around with a [PRL] tag.

Have a nice day, Samuel.  Good luck with your league too.

eh, maybe because I was a member at one point? as I was with apex, the online challenge, xrl and a few others I forget. I also found a lot of league members to be very rude when in public lobbies but when in the league races they were totally different. im not saying its specific to your league and maybe these guys have left. also im not saying that you have complete control of your league members outside the league that would just be silly.

why the sarcastic comment about my league? I don't have a league lol

eh, maybe because I was a member at one point? as I was with apex, the online challenge, xrl and a few others I forget. I also found a lot of league members to be very rude when in public lobbies but when in the league races they were totally different. im not saying its specific to your league and maybe these guys have left. also im not saying that you have complete control of your league members outside the league that would just be silly.

why the sarcastic comment about my league? I don't have a league lol

Didn't realize you'd been a member - your name here doesn't ring a bell.

Nothing sarcastic.  Was genuinely wishing you well if you had a league.  Negative comments about a league are generally either because someone has a "rival" league, or because they left the league on bad terms (didn't agree with a Stewards decision for instance).  Rather than attack someone else's league, I like to do the opposite and only say positive things.  

just telling you of my experience, im not dissing your league, maybe I said what I said in a wrong way, what I was getting at is that you have no idea how your league members act when not in the league and im certainly not saying every member is the same.

Does every thread get hijacked by Testosterone fuelled angry virgins? This place is becoming unbearable.

To OP. Maybe you are only trying quick races. Lots more available in Custom events, try there.

I'm sorry a simple question turned in to this. Sign of the times.

TheHemps said:
Does every thread get hijacked by Testosterone fuelled angry virgins? This place is becoming unbearable.

To OP. Maybe you are only trying quick races. Lots more available in Custom events, try there.

I'm sorry a simple question turned in to this. Sign of the times.
sometimes conversations evolve into different subjects, just like in real life you know?  to call us virgins shows who is the childish one here.