Sign in to follow this  

ABS IS SO OP

again this is so disappointing , all the hype was that codies are going more towards simulation game and that means none assists should be faster! but yet again ABS is not only equal to none ABS but its so OP around 5 6 tenth faster! will there be any patch to lower the efficiency of ABS??? @Faya

again this is so disappointing , all the hype was that codies are going more towards simulation game and that means none assists should be faster! but yet again ABS is not only equal to none ABS but its so OP around 5 6 tenth faster! will there be any patch to lower the efficiency of ABS??? @Faya

They usually look at this in the first few weeks, better to have as much data as possible before nerfing anything. 

FRACTURED said:

They usually look at this in the first few weeks, better to have as much data as possible before nerfing anything. 
Would have been much better to test this kind of thing and balance before release, it's not like they didn't have the time and support. Bit disappointing to see a "finished" game come out with issues that have been around since F1 2016/17 - We expect this from Early Access games, not AAA games.

Every assist should just slow the car down. I have the same issue with TC. Playing a league with some people and some of them can’t race without and that’s fine, but they can do things I can’t like full throttle after hitting the grass and all. 

For leaderboards it like to see a “no assist” leaderboard. I don’t care about people who play Mickey Mouse f1 

yes i hope as urgent and as fast as possible to change the codding of abs! assists should be assists otherwise let codemasters change the name to advantage! @Faya

This game is not a "simulation" the game have been balenced for ALL type of people (noob player, normal player and "pro" player) and not favoriting only "pro player" who tryhard the game.  And abs is not that "OP" you can brake a little bit later but litteraly don't worth 6 tenth a lap like you said, more like 2 tenth and even less. Slowing down the car because you have assist is 1 : unfair for people who are not very well experienced 2 : overcheated for "pro player" (and 3 it's not realistic, assist exist to make you faster lmao) so i think there is no point of nerf it. And for what ive seen on leaderboard of tracks all track most of record have been made WITHOUT abs so it prove that is not that "OP"

^Sorry, but I'll have to respectfully disagree on that one. Assist users should NEVER be faster than no-assists users. Last year's game after TC Medium nerf was one of the most balanced for assists, IMO - TC made you slower (but it gave you way more traction to prevent spinning on every turn), ABS made you brake earlier (since you are gaining an advantage of not locking up your tyres, so you had to brake earlier - hard to proper explain). If ABS is really faster than no ABS... I don't know.

@BULLDOZOR i can't understand really ur point?? why lowering abs effect should be unfair?? i'am not asking to remove assists from the game LOL , but what i'am asking is dont make ABS so OP that u will be bullied in league racing and in TT , also even if this game is not 100% simulation game but in no other game assists are faster than none! 

All we need is a dedicated no assists server. Plus leader board. Then the long term players will stay until F1 2019 after the short attention span players have moved on to the next game of the month. 

Idk I haven't done any online yet but that doesn't seem like a big problem, it won't be an option for no-assists leagues if you race in those and also the esports series. As nice as it would be for no assists to be faster, it doesn't make a big difference on the competitions and stuff

yea but tell me about a knowm league other than AOR that do support none assists ? and even AOR last game were struggling with attendance! so if u wana have fun with full grid it needs to be all assists allowed! and here is the problem with ABS so OP u have no chance! and also TT its not good to see all assists users at the top, not good for the image of the game (going to simulation as David said) and for the hardcore none assists users..So all im asking is to reduce the efficiency of ABS which is think is fair and easy to code it. after all assists shoud be assists not advantage @VPnorfolkblue  

yea but tell me about a knowm league other than AOR that do support none assists ? and even AOR last game were struggling with attendance! so if u wana have fun with full grid it needs to be all assists allowed! and here is the problem with ABS so OP u have no chance! and also TT its not good to see all assists users at the top, not good for the image of the game (going to simulation as David said) and for the hardcore none assists users..So all im asking is to reduce the efficiency of ABS which is think is fair and easy to code it. after all assists shoud be assists not advantage @VPnorfolkblue  
‘Even AOR we’re struggling with attendance’ they had the most people sign up last season in their history with f1 games...

Not only ABS is op, TC is as well. I switched from TC medium to TC off in F1 2018 and it is a lot easier to control the car with no TC compared to no TC in F1 2017.

Well, I have been seeing this discussion and debate for years and with every release they make

Codemasters are forced to cater all levels and make the game enjoyable. Yes they need to sort the game bugs and glitches like France TT massive glitch, track limits around many circuits, online mayhem, etc...
Still nerfing assists to what you are debating in your post won't happen, and if it does it will still give an advantage (very heavy late braking). Like the pad VS wheel never ending debate.
F1 2018 has proven to be pad-gate again as seen in many of famous youtubers footage and claims

Solution to all this is simple. There are leagues where assists are banned. AOR top 3 tiers & GP1 ESports to name a few
GP1 ESports have taken it a bit tighter and are for wheel-only drivers. This is why it is not that well-known besides being a 100% race league

Chill up :)