Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suddenly LOW FPS unplayable!!! [PC] F1 2018

Hello,
yesterday i downloaded the game and started playing. Everything was all fine i had a great performance the FPS was great. So today i started the game and went into the carrer modus after the loading screen suddenly the game is all stuttering and im having like the whole time 10 fps. It wont get better even when i set the game on minimum graphics but just yesterday i played it on high graphics with awesome FPS and no laggs or anything. But today it is unplayable, i tried already redownloading the game and let steam search for problems and i deleted the savegames. But still it is unplayable!!! I really want to play badly but i cant i hope for help here!!!

Yep thats what i meant with "steam search for problems".... meant verifieing game files. It found 2 problems but the fps is still low after the loading screen. What i found out too like the menu is working fine but when i start heading into the carrer modus or anything else directly after the loading screen ends the fps just drops like its getting capped and then it stays like that.

Recoveryx said:
Hello,
yesterday i downloaded the game and started playing. Everything was all fine i had a great performance the FPS was great. So today i started the game and went into the carrer modus after the loading screen suddenly the game is all stuttering and im having like the whole time 10 fps. It wont get better even when i set the game on minimum graphics but just yesterday i played it on high graphics with awesome FPS and no laggs or anything. But today it is unplayable, i tried already redownloading the game and let steam search for problems and i deleted the savegames. But still it is unplayable!!! I really want to play badly but i cant i hope for help here!!!
What do you mean exactly with stuttering and low FPS? Something like this?: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/137286/game-breaking-bug-lagspikes-slowdowns-pc#latest
Or is it just a constant low GPS rate?
What are the specs of your pc?
Possibly check for all the latest, especially GeForce drivers.

If the problem is as in the other post, please discuss there further.

https://streamable.com/329ky

So here is a video of my framerate ingame and it stays constantly like that. Played like for 15 mins like that and it just stays the same.
All my drivers are up to date and it shouldnt be a problem by the specs because i played the game yesterday and it was all fine. 

Hi @Recoveryx. This sound odd as the game was working well but now isn't and we haven't updated the game since then. Here are a few quetsions / things to try:
  • Have you installed or updated any new drivers since you first played the game?
  • Have you changed any of the graphics settings in the game?
  • Does the game run slowly in all game modes? Try running Time Trial and see if you have issues there.
  • Running performance profiling tools or video capture software may interfere with the game, so try turning off any of these and running the game again. 
  • We have noticed some issues where Windows Update turns on during play which can impair the framerate severely on some systems. Check whether this is running when you find the game running slowly.

• Have you installed or updated any new drivers since you first played the game? 
              I havent intentionally updated or installed anything new but i looked up if Windows updated anything itself and i found these updates
               https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/35851522/Unbenannt.png
               here is a picture of the updates i dont know if they have affected the game in any way but its what i have found.
  • Have you changed any of the graphics settings in the game?
             Since yesterday i havent changed any graphics settings but like an hour ago i tried setting everything on minimum but it still get the same                  fps, i aint getting better fps that way.
  • Does the game run slowly in all game modes? Try running Time Trial and see if you have issues there.
              I just tried every mode even multiplayer and everywhere the same problem here are two videos on the link it shows how it is loading                      great no fps problems but after the black screen kicks in you can see in the upper left corner how the circle is getting all laggy and then                               everything is just constantly low fps.
               https://streamable.com/7vzty
               https://streamable.com/je2ps

• Running performance profiling tools or video capture software may interfere with the game, so try turning off any of these and running the game again. 
             Im not having any capture software or  profiling tools on expect when i made the videos but surprisingly it the capture software had no a                   affects at all. Normally i would expect it to be worse but it hasnt. 
  • We have noticed some issues where Windows Update turns on during play which can impair the framerate severely on some systems. Check whether this is running when you find the game running slowly.
            I checked it in the task manager couldnt find anything. You can see it even in one of the videos.

Hi @Recoveryx. This is a mystery. Would you be able to send your dxdiag to us (see http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/132514/f1-games-technical-assistance-bug-reports-please-read-before-posting) and I will pass this onto our PC team to see if they have any additional suggestions? Thanks.

Here is my dxdiag file, and im asking for help in the steam community hub too and there is a guy having the same problem as me so it aint just me lol... 
But yea here is the dxdiag file https://file.io/gKXdvE

Thanks for helping btw

I've had issues with framerate since I tried starting the game up yesterday. I cannot get above 15fps. My friends have lower spec PCs than me and they easily manage 60 fps. I'd love to be able to play this game asap as it's the one I've been most excited for since 2013! My CPU easily handles the load of the game and my GPU is strong, so I'm really confused. Pls halp!

So actually i achivied to fix this problem by just reinstallting my graphics driver. And now it is all working great again :) Thanks anyways for your help ! @Hoo

Hello!
I have a problem with it after 2 days, from 60 FPS to 30 for itself.
This is why the game is not enjoyable. Confusing. The PC configuration is enough for the game.
Please help me
Thanks

Yeah , I'm having the same problem . The first time I ran the game I completed 3 race weekend and it was awesome (about 5 Hours of playing) . Then I quit the game to take a break , but then when I started the game again the stuttering started . I would say for the first 1 min on track everthing is fine and then all of a sudden the stuttering starts . It's so bad that it lags my forcefeedback making my wheel bounce around. Pretty Unplayable . I've noticed that when I quit the game and restart the game the issue stays , but when I shut down my pc and run the game after it started up again it runs fine for the first 1 min again and the the issue returns . It sort of looks like as soon as the AI joins the track the stuttering starts and seems to get worse the more I try and play through it . I've tried every suggestion on this forum, nothing helps .

Just wanted to Post here to let CM know it's happing  to a couple of us . I will upload all the necessary info when I have a chance . Luckly I ran a benchmark test the first time when the game was 100% and one after the stuttering started . Love the F1 Games. Let's try and help them Fix this !!! ( oh in Time Trail it seems to be working some what better , still a bit of stuttering but more playable .)       

Same here used to play 60 fps now stuck at 34 fps and I didnt change anything.  But it only happens when I got the control of the car.  It doesnt happen in any cutscenes or flying laps or reforming grid posisiton.  I tried to lower the graphics but it didnt worked.  So please help me if you have a solution for this.

I ran benchmark test on everyday until today . I just properly checked the xml files-
Basic Results of them are as follows :  
        - 25 Aug the avrg fsp was 101 Fsp
        - 26 Aug the avrg fsp was 49 Fsp
        - 27 Aug I forced quit during the test, so there aren't any results
          and today it averaged 37 Fsp
I also updated my Nvidia Drivers today , now it seems to be even worse. 
Anyway , I've Emailed  my dxdiag and the tests xml results to CM .
I'm hoping I can get back to racing by this weekend . 

Never mind , I got it working like a charm again . Seems like my cpu cooling system wasn’t working right ,So my cpu was just overheating every time tried to I played the game.

Thanks anway ? 

Hello,
issue solved here. I don't know if it was today's patch or what i did, because i launched the game after both patching and doing as follow:
OS: Windows 10, AMD GPU with drivers already updated to the latest.
basically, i deactivated Win10 GameDVR that is know to cause fps issues in some games, so:
- open Regedit as Administrator
- open HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- open System
- select GameConfigStore
- edit "GameDVR_Enabled" value to 0
- open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- open SOFTWARE
- open Microsoft
- open PolicyManager
- open default
- open ApplicationManagement
- select AllowGameDVR
- edit "value" value to 0
- close & reboot pc

maybe it was the patch, but i leave it here just in case.
already played 3 career races without problems, high graphic settings.