Sign in to follow this  

im sorry, but i am really dissapointed in f1 2018

i just have to say that i am very dissapointed in the release of the game,
its not at all graphic wise as advertised (jet), the detail, shine and shadows are no where near the pictures in the advertisements.
steering wheel not turning with driving in first person view, telementry not working properly , phisycs are not there and so on.
car sounds are also really fake.

ive bin a big fan of f1 2017, i pre race every race in real life, but f1 2018 feels like a step backwards to me.

im playing in 4K, ultra settings  @ 75 fps average,  and it is just not what i expected to see from this game.

in my eyes released to early. i hope there will be big updates coming for this game, otherwise it will not be worth the 55 euro's.

graphics are debatable, my 144hz monitor shows my hands and the drivers hands just about perfectly in sync, havent had any telemetry problems, physics are spot on, and the car sounds are all a big improvement! Listen to the Ferraris! Very worth it to me

I have to agree with Red here. I'm not seeing what you're seeing here. The lag you're talking about is not present on my PS pro or my PC. The sounds are incredible but im also going through a 7.1 with two powered subs. I will agree the engines sound small when I'm in headphones but that's kind of how it always is for me. 
It's not perfect so hopefully some patches will make it better for you man 

Im on xbox 1 x so i dont know about pc graphics. Definatly an upgrade from last year. Not a huge one but textures are crisper and lighting looks much better.

I CANNOT disagree more about the sound and handling. IMO its the biggest leap forward this year. Sound is VERY satisfying and the handling model with the better tire model is the best of any codies f1 game

Sounds like you've accidentally turned your steering animations off.

Press pause > Preferences > Graphics Options > Steering Animation On.

Playing on Xbox One X hooked up to my 65 inch LG OLED and this game is stunningly beautiful. Huge upgrade over last year.

Not sure why you aren't seeing any improvement. It could be that you're not playing in HDR. The lighting seems to be made with HDR in mind, and it adds so much to the game.

WallyM76 said:
Hi @@WallyM76, I be interested to know more about why you think the engines sound fake. What in particular are you disappointed with? Just to be clear, all engines in game are from actual source so is it the actual "sound" you are disappointed with or the playback of the vehicle audio?

issueskid said:
WallyM76 said:
Hi @@WallyM76, I be interested to know more about why you think the engines sound fake. What in particular are you disappointed with? Just to be clear, all engines in game are from actual source so is it the actual "sound" you are disappointed with or the playback of the vehicle audio?
I dont know exacly what it is, with f1 2017 i kind of get "lost" in the sound, the whole game actually.
I dont have that with f1 2018.
F1 2017 makes me zone out and be able to play for hours, with f1 2018 im irritated more than annything.
Also there are no mirrors in first person view rb14

And then the AI drivers, good god, they just dont giva a F
Its like they dont know youre there and you have to do strange stuff to get past

WallyM76 said:
issueskid said:
WallyM76 said:
I dont know exacly what it is, with f1 2017 i kind of get "lost" in the sound, the whole game actually.
F1 2017 makes me zone out and be able to play for hours, with f1 2018 im irritated more than annything.

Its like they dont know youre there and you have to do strange stuff to get past
Sorry but there's really not a lot I can go on from this. We've spent a whole lot of time during the development of this game watching and analyzing reference. I'm struggling to see exactly where your disappointment lies so I'm not going to be able to investigate further.

issueskid said:
WallyM76 said:
issueskid said:
WallyM76 said:

Sorry but there's really not a lot I can go on from this. We've spent a whole lot of time during the development of this game watching and analyzing reference. I'm struggling to see exactly where your disappointment lies so I'm not going to be able to investigate further.
One thing for sure- you audio guys did a fantastic job at 2018 and the sound is worlds better then in 2017.

Also the graphics are improved a lot and the car physics are next level, this are the most important things for a racing game and im really in love with it.