Error Sp163 on Multiplayer - PS4

Question

When I try to connect in a online Multiplayer session on F1 2018 , it shows an error with a code SP163 and I cannot play online, I need a help! 

10 answers to this question

I have the same problem of sp136 and today I bought the f1 2019 and I can not play it and I have restarted the game quite a few times I need a solution please

Hi there. This may occur after resuming your game from a suspended state. Please try rebooting the application and let us know if this addresses the issue?

Posted (edited)

I have the same problem of sp136 and today I bought the f1 2019 and I can not play it

I have restarted the game and the console  a few times and i have same error.

Other games works online fine.

Thanks for your help

Edited by Ukialonso

On 6/25/2019 at 11:56 PM, manel5867 said:

I have the same problem of sp136 and today I bought the f1 2019 and I can not play it and I have restarted the game quite a few times I need a solution please

Have you solved it? Same here

Hi,

The actual error is caused by problems with IP address being released, so the game can no longer communicate to the servers. This can sometimes happen when the game is idle for extended periods (as per the suspended example above). If this is occurring when actively playing the game then I'd check that your connection to the router is stable: faulty wires, or changing between wireless and wired connections after the game has launched may cause an IP address that the system is trying to use to become invalid. 

• Agree 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:38 PM, Hoo said:

Hi,

The actual error is caused by problems with IP address being released, so the game can no longer communicate to the servers. This can sometimes happen when the game is idle for extended periods (as per the suspended example above). If this is occurring when actively playing the game then I'd check that your connection to the router is stable: faulty wires, or changing between wireless and wired connections after the game has launched may cause an IP address that the system is trying to use to become invalid. 

Hi, 

Than you for answering

As I said, it's only a problem with F1 online. It happens to me since 2 weeks ago in F1 2017 and F1 2019. Not only the error sp136, but an error of "connection with play station network" and that doesn't make sense because i'm still online. I tried with other games and it doesn't happen, so it can't be a problem of the router.

Do you know another possible cause and how to solve it?

When the game launches, it will try to bind (use) specific network sockets to use for its network traffic. If there are any changes to the network after booting the console then this can sometimes cause the specific network sockets that the game requires to become unavailable. The system may still be connected to the internet and other apps may still work fine, but the game will not be able to connect properly. There are several possible causes for this, so it's hard to know exactly what is happening in your case. Here are some examples:

• Leaving the game in suspended state for long periods.
  • Internet connection dropping and reconnecting
  • Switching between cabled and wifi connection
  • Removing ethernet cable
  • Disabling and enabling internet connection through the console's system software
  • Short lease times on your router causing IP addresses to change or renew whilst the console is active

Assuming that you have no obvious faults with your hardware, I would recommend a hard reboot / power cycle of both your network hardware and your console, ensuring that the router is fully powered up before turning your console back on. If possible, use a wired Ethernet connection. Then try booting directly into the game without using any other apps first and see if this works. If not, then you may need to inspect your router logs to see if any unexpected changes in IP address or firewall rules were occurring.

1 hour ago, Hoo said:

When the game launches, it will try to bind (use) specific network sockets to use for its network traffic. If there are any changes to the network after booting the console then this can sometimes cause the specific network sockets that the game requires to become unavailable. The system may still be connected to the internet and other apps may still work fine, but the game will not be able to connect properly. There are several possible causes for this, so it's hard to know exactly what is happening in your case. Here are some examples:

• Leaving the game in suspended state for long periods.
  • Internet connection dropping and reconnecting
  • Switching between cabled and wifi connection
  • Removing ethernet cable
  • Disabling and enabling internet connection through the console's system software
  • Short lease times on your router causing IP addresses to change or renew whilst the console is active

Assuming that you have no obvious faults with your hardware, I would recommend a hard reboot / power cycle of both your network hardware and your console, ensuring that the router is fully powered up before turning your console back on. If possible, use a wired Ethernet connection. Then try booting directly into the game without using any other apps first and see if this works. If not, then you may need to inspect your router logs to see if any unexpected changes in IP address or firewall rules were occurring.

Ok, I will try all that options.

Than you very much for your help