Sign in to follow this  

Appologies to codemasters and thanks to the forum members

how much am i now enjoying the racing and ai in this game now !! i have previously been quite vocal on here about how i thought the ai was not suffering tyre wear and there by spoiling the racing , but oh my how wrong i was....thanks to set up advice by you guys i am now enjoying this game and having some of the best races i ve had in codies f1 series so far.
  the handling is now feeling the best yet and im loving the feel of these new cars. if f1 2015 is similar and hope , hope , even better . then we are in for a real treat when it releases and im now sure the f1 genre is in safe hands with codemasters as i now get what theyre attempting and succeeding in doing with their games. 
    Again codies i appologise for my incorrect critisism ........and carry on the good work.

blew1967 said:
how much am i now enjoying the racing and ai in this game now !! i have previously been quite vocal on here about how i thought the ai was not suffering tyre wear and there by spoiling the racing , but oh my how wrong i was....thanks to set up advice by you guys i am now enjoying this game and having some of the best races i ve had in codies f1 series so far.
  the handling is now feeling the best yet and im loving the feel of these new cars. if f1 2015 is similar and hope , hope , even better . then we are in for a real treat when it releases and im now sure the f1 genre is in safe hands with codemasters as i now get what theyre attempting and succeeding in doing with their games. 
    Again codies i appologise for my incorrect critisism ........and carry on the good work.
Well said.

Hi Blew1967, 

What set ups are you using to make your tyres last? Just had a cap race in Barcelona were couldn't get set up right and even prime only lasted 9 laps and then aI all over me (25% distance).
Just can't get set up without ai lapping much faster t than me.  That is in race not qualifying,  I know also is my skill not being great but any help would be great. 
Cheers

gadjet said:
Hi Blew1967, 

What set ups are you using to make your tyres last? Just had a cap race in Barcelona were couldn't get set up right and even prime only lasted 9 laps and then aI all over me (25% distance).
Just can't get set up without ai lapping much faster t than me.  That is in race not qualifying,  I know also is my skill not being great but any help would be great. 
Cheers

im running  aero 8/7 , brakes 50/50 high/standard , balance 2/3 , suspension 2/2/2/3,  alignment default setting. i find high downforce gives you better grip and stops you spinning the rear tyres up. im racing on proffesional level with a wheel set up, hope this helps, cheers.