Sign in to follow this  

Medium TC OP

Having Traction control on medium seems far too OP i am a no assist racer myself and seeing my friends who run assists beating me by as much as 1 second a lap when this is built as a simulation game is wrong. 

I hope a patch is released soon to stop this and put no assists as quick as they should be

yup, i hope they dont destroy the whole game again if they nerf it, last year after that patch the 1 frontwing thing was born.

abs is the same, there should be more potential if you drive without assists.

I'm a pad user. I understand your points, so the following is for Codies.

If you nerf the medium traction control like last year to please people who want to play online (which is a horrible experience anyway for myself), subsequently ruining my enjoyment of Career mode, I will never buy another product from you again. If you are to nerf anything, do it for multiplayer settings ONLY. The greatest thing this game has going for it is the handling.

Im on Xbox X so I'm going to backup every version to hard drive so if you ruin my current experience with a patch, I will uninstall and copy the previous version back. I wish I did this with last year's game, you live and you learn. 

I just can’t understand why they can’t get the balance right,2013 was spot on no assists was obviously faster and that’s the way it should be,it gives an incentive to turn them off.

siri25920 said:

If you nerf the medium traction control like last year to please people who want to play online (which is a horrible experience anyway for myself), subsequently ruining my enjoyment of Career mode, I will never buy another product from you again. If you are to nerf anything, do it for multiplayer settings ONLY. The greatest thing this game has going for it is the handling.

Im on Xbox X so I'm going to backup every version to hard drive so if you ruin my current experience with a patch, I will uninstall and copy the previous version back. I wish I did this with last year's game, you live and you learn. 
Either learn to drive without traction which should be encouraged by codies by making traction control slower than no traction or just put down your difficulty. U can’t have 2 different handling models for 2 different modes, else it’s basically 2 different games. 

DannyF31 said:
siri25920 said:

Either learn to drive without traction which should be encouraged by codies by making traction control slower than no traction or just put down your difficulty. U can’t have 2 different handling models for 2 different modes, else it’s basically 2 different games. 
I can manage with no assists on a pad. But!, I race 50 or 100% races. It's hard to do on a pad compared to a wheel without mistakes cause of flimsy controllers.
Regarding your point about how you can't have two different settings or it will be two different games... The state multiplayer is in compared to career, it is two different games!

@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       
Not everyone has the time to race all the time to turn assists of

And some need assists for medical reasons, I've never been the same since my surgery, I can up shift no problem but down shifting my left hand just can't repeat tapping for long. It would be nice that not being too much an issue online racing like 2017 where you can loose 4 seconds a lap easy for auto gears!! There just isn't a point in racing then unless they had sessions for assist and non-assist racers, but then you can just create a custom race with assists disabled anyway. I don't see why these things are such an issue. I still see the very best guys up top with no assists.

It all sounds a bit like a little kid laying under the table and trampling with his foot, because it doesn‘t get the biggest lolli. 
I don’t care about assists. I want to have fun in a race. Nevertheless it’s the battle for first place or fifteenth place. And most of the guys with assists on (me too), do it because they are not experienced enough and mostly slower than the „good“ guys. 

@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

If you have time to race with assists, you have time to race without assists.

Too difficult? That's why there is a difficulty slider

FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

Why are you bothered how people race anyway 

FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

Agree. You don't need to be a no lifer who plays for hours with no assists. It's just like any other goal, you be consistent and you get there, even if you play 30 mins every day you will get there.

I'm quite happy driving with assists and fully accept any reduction in competitiveness online that comes with it. If you drive without assists, full power to you :)

Ujhelyi91 said:
FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

Agree. You don't need to be a no lifer who plays for hours with no assists. It's just like any other goal, you be consistent and you get there, even if you play 30 mins every day you will get there.
People just want to have a competitive race instead of trying to race without any assists. If racing with people assists bothers you that much join a league which doesn’t run assists 

FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

You are right, I love drive without assist and in the cockpit view at 60% instead drive with all assist on at 100%....

what the point to set the assist more powerful than a good driver without it. AND WHY I HAVE TO PLAY RANKED SESSION WITH ALL ASSIST ON ONLY.

Jimmoz82 said:
what the point to set the assist more powerful than a good driver without it. AND WHY I HAVE TO PLAY RANKED SESSION WITH ALL ASSIST ON ONLY.
You don’t have to play with assists 

Jimmoz82 said:
ye like play fps with auto-aim and manual aim in the same server. i want to play with people in the same condition. just adding a pro ranked without assist.

Jimmoz82 said:
Jimmoz82 said:
ye like play fps with auto-aim and manual aim in the same server. i want to play with people in the same condition. just adding a pro ranked without assist.
Or join a league where they don’t run assists 

Jimmoz82 said:
Jimmoz82 said:
Or join a league where they don’t run assists 
i want to play it daily, not waiting a week for 1 race.

FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

Why are you afraid of spending some time to learn No Assists?

NO joking, the level of satisfaction is worth it. Once you've learned it once, it will apply to all future games. 

FRACTURED said:
FRACTURED said:
@siri25920

Git Gud Mate.                                                                       

Why are you afraid of spending some time to learn No Assists?

NO joking, the level of satisfaction is worth it. Once you've learned it once, it will apply to all future games. 
Because I don’t have the time to learn to race without assists at the minute but i would love to learn

As with any discussion based on Assists and their power level I'm seeing a lot of subjective feedback in here.

Does anyone have any hard data that proves that certain assist setups are faster? Laptime comparisons, Time Trial records etc.?

If a certain assist setup is "faster" than the others it'll surely float to the top of the leaderboards as an elite driver abusing that setup will succeed, right?