Jump to content Jump to content

Changing Engine Components

gregory081988

hi all - a little help please - in 17 you could change engine components between sessions and they were changed, now it says pending when you change them and they seem to change after quali? What’s going on and what am I missing, can someone explain how this works to me please I’m stumped? Like I want to use old parts for practice and new for the quali and races but can’t understand what to do this year? Cheers all 
Yeah I noticed the same problem. I am currently in Baku qualifying and my vehicle management screen says 'pending' for all power unit components. Why is that? They should have been fitted by now!

Codies is this an intended feature? Or will you guys patch it? Thanks.
It does change them for your next session even if it says pending. When you order new ones it also says pending but that's only so you have to use them, not just order them and use the old ones. Last year you could just order them and still use old ones so you can save those that are fresh for later. So you were basically exploiting the system.

It's the same for gearbox. Race gearbox will say pending till P3 because that's when that one is used, practice gearbox is only used in P1 and P2. 

So don't worry about "pending", you can still change them between sessions and it works.

Archived