Sign in to follow this  

Error. The session no longer exists. Error code CP7

Question

Hello guys,

i have the problem that after a certain time in a custom lobby i get kicked out with this message:  Error. The session no longer exists. Error Code CP7
I tried then hosting the lobby myself but the same thing happened again. My nat-type is 2 and my connection is good with 100 mbits download and 40 mbits upload. I play on PS4 and i don’t have any issues with other games. Also i opened all ports for F1 Games and i had the same issue in F1 2017.

Any fixes would be much appreciated. 

21 answers to this question

Hello @daveooV8. Do you get this error every time you play online, or does it only happen sometimes?

It only happens when i play in a custom lobby. When i play unranked online games it didn’t happen till now. 

The error code means that there was a loss of connection to Sony's servers for an extended period of time. Typically, this is caused by bandwidth starvation, but your connection has so much bandwidth that it would be a challenge to consume all of it and starve the connection to PSN. The other interesting factor is that it only affects the one game mode. 

Are you able to check your firewall / router logs to check if any anomalies were reported at the time that the disconnection from the game session occurred?

Hoo said:
The error code means that there was a loss of connection to Sony's servers for an extended period of time. Typically, this is caused by bandwidth starvation, but your connection has so much bandwidth that it would be a challenge to consume all of it and starve the connection to PSN. The other interesting factor is that it only affects the one game mode. 

Are you able to check your firewall / router logs to check if any anomalies were reported at the time that the disconnection from the game session occurred?
It is possible to check the router logs for anomalies i think. But i don’t know if i can go back to the same exact moment it happened. I’ll see and tell you more about it. 

@Hoo
unfortunately i can’t see the logs at that particular time the disconnect happend. Is there any other solution? Maybe opening the router firewall even more to nat-type 1 even though i know it is not recommended because of security but the problem really bothers me because i play in an online league and when i disconnect every 100% race that’s not really fun. Thanks for your help!

I wouldn't recommend opening up your router further. I wanted interested to know if your router was perhaps blocking any game / PSN traffic during peak moments of gameplay, perhaps mistaking it for a DoS attack, or whether your logs might show any other sort of bandwidth saturation at those points.

Another thing to check is whether there was any PSN disruption reported in your region during the times that you experienced these issues. 

If everything seems fine from a networking perspective and you are still seeing the issue regularly in custom multiplayer mode then please let us know and we'll see if our networking team can offer any more insights.

Hoo said:
I wouldn't recommend opening up your router further. I wanted interested to know if your router was perhaps blocking any game / PSN traffic during peak moments of gameplay, perhaps mistaking it for a DoS attack, or whether your logs might show any other sort of bandwidth saturation at those points.

Another thing to check is whether there was any PSN disruption reported in your region during the times that you experienced these issues. 

If everything seems fine from a networking perspective and you are still seeing the issue regularly in custom multiplayer mode then please let us know and we'll see if our networking team can offer any more insights.

There was no PSN disruption reported, it happens regularly as i said, i had the same issue in F1 2017 so it has to be something with the game itself rather than PSN.

Salve ragazzi,
Su F1 2018 per ps4 dopo ogni gara mi appare errore CP7 e mi si scollega vorrei sapere come risolvere?
Il router non ha perdite di segnale e in più mi si disconnette  solo da questo gioco 
Grazie

Hola,
Imposible jugar en modo MULTIJUGADOR ... se corta siempre por error CP7 tambien se corta CHAT de Voz ambos a la vez.
¿ Como se soluciona ? 
GRACIAS

Was racing 5 laps around Paul Richard on line. On lap 4 is said session is no longer available and gave me "error code CP7"

This is post patch 1.06

Também estou com este problema, não consigo nem começar a corrida as vezes, pois o erro já aparece na classificação de uma volta.

Também estou com este problema, não consigo nem começar a corrida as vezes, pois o erro já aparece na classificação de uma volta.

Quando haverá uma atualização com a correção deste problema? porque joguei vários outros jogos e não tive nenhum problema de conexão, muito pelo contrário, funcionou muito bem.

Hi all,

Turns out we have a few threads about this same issue, so I’m going to merge them together.

Hi @DenerDs, please see the responses above for further information about the CP7 error code. 

I also face this error code, how to fix it?

I’m getting this constantly. And a lot of the competitive and pro racers are getting this too. Why hasn’t anything been done about this? It’s literally making me not want to play this game anymore. It happens every single race and I know it’s nothing on my end. It’s amazing to me that people compete in this game (sometimes for money) and there’s STILL issues like this. Unbelievable.

The error code means that there was a loss of connection to Sony's servers for an extended period of time. Please check that no other services are affecting your bandwidth, that your router / firewall isn't blocking any connections to Sony's servers, and that there aren't any disruptions to any PSN services in your region.

Codemastwe this error cp7 its happening to me often started very random but now it happens around every 30 min i even connect the LAN cable direct to the ps4 to avoid this but still happens