Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PC] [F1 2018] [BUG] Sound crackling, distorted and sped up when Sampling Rate is above 48kHz, again

Hi All, i tried Game0pats fix and switched to 24Bit/96kHz  and it seem that the distortions are very minimum or gone. Would be nice if the fix would apply to 24Bit/48kHz.

CaotKirk said:
Because it's possible!
Every other application works.

BTW: why do you want to drive a Ferrari, when the Sauber has the same engine. ;)
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/optimising-latency-pc-audio-interface

This is why you're a fool. Having a overly high setting is unnecessary and will cause exactly the issue you're experiencing.
Hi Steviejay69 first of all because he can set it up to quality that he wants because its his system and the product needs to deliver. I have no problem at 24bit 48000 Hz in any games just F1. Second of all if you install WIN 10 the default audio quality is set up to exactly this rate. So tell me if you purchase a card for 50-150 euros why would you make exceptions for a game that should work in the first place.
That's like saying the top speed of an F1 car is 230mph and expecting it to run at that because that's what it says it can do.

Hi All,

Got gifted Logitech G430 headphones and i think those have maximum 16bit 48KHz and the crackling at this rate in new headphones is terrible:( loosing fate here. I also tried on board audio again for the headphones, same story.

Hi All, just found out that the problems are much less significant when playing in windowed full screen mode. Its worth a try.

Just think that the USB sound device is a waste of time on those headphones. Had some and got the G230 instead, the colour is nicer and I don't have problems.

Just think that the USB sound device is a waste of time on those headphones. Had some and got the G230 instead, the colour is nicer and I don't have problems.
Well yeah, i dont use the USB adapter, i plug them via 3.5mm direct to sound card:) I would not buy them, but since it was a Bday present, and mine broke in half i cant complain:)))