Sign in to follow this  

GRID3 "a must have" features list.

So, we know codemasters have short memory, and the "weekly" forum erasing sure don't help to keep a community ideas.
If this board will survive until the GRID3 develop process, i'm sure cm will keep an eye on here.
Lets start, i will add all the community suggestion entry here to pag1 to have all feature listed.
Organization is with:

Features list to have:

Cockpit cam view with detailed interior (imagine grid3 without that... "a bitch please")
- grid semi-sim style handling
- slipstream
- detailed hud
- great damage model
- real tracks and cars
- text chat stream lobby and race
- spectator mode from lobby and race
- methodical lobby organization with few rooms
- custom list sorted by host, with host kick
- public list sorted by event with kick vote
- both public and custom, ranked and customizable !
- racenet cloud, to save on racenet account ghost lap times and replays and cars livery 
- custom livery visible online
- time trial with upload of trial record online leaderboards
- all leaderboards visible on game and browser
- show best lap times for all players at race end
weather system
pitstops, flags and rules. Safety car.
- online nickname of racenet account and not steam nick !
- improved wheel support
- le-mans 24h
- demolition derby
- full collision settings (on, off and forward) for all kind of lobby.
- Assist On or Off 
- Manual or Automatic shift as users settings and not by lobby.
- Full option for who join already started lobby race.
- show name and flag of racers on the street
- search for name of racers into main lobby
- old style grid1 drift mode
- female names
- sector times multiplayer
- dedicated servers
- assist off for public playlist
- new penalty system
- more real tracks

Feature list to delete:

flashbacks online
- track cut penalties (or make community poll) 
- no upgrade and tuning, one field level of game, and lap time challenge.
- no region steam-wall, all the world listed into the same custom/public list
- DLC (avoid fragmentation)

looks good to me flash, the features to delete are more important to me than the ones to keep! 
3 top choices right there and I'm sure everyone who's played grid 1 extensively and tried grid 2 will agree.

You forgot one feature for online, in the race results screen, need to show best lap times for all players. Codemasters forgot this feature in GRID 2 and had to patch it in.

I would like to see a weather système, pitstops, flags and rules. Safety car.

A list of nice ideas:

Here's a list from steamcommunity thread we've created a while ago with some decent suggestions concerning Grid 2

The Ultimate suggestions list.

-1) Don’t make walls that provoke wallriding!

0) List of servers with ping, including playlists (ping bars on players).

1) Text chat.

2.1) Online practice mode or Time Trial mode.
2.2) Or at least let us use upgraded cars in Single Player // by Tex-Rec

3.0) Balanced cars (so there are no dominant 1-2 cars in each tier).

4.1) Force push2talk ON by default. 
I love voice chat, but right now I have to mute most people so I don’t hear every sound they make (if they use speakers - it’s a disaster).
4.2) Give an option to mute people during a race or at “session results” or at “event entrants” screens.
4.3) Add “Mute voice chat” toggle hotkey.

5.1) Global Challenges are now more like “Friend Challenges”, why do I have to visit Racenet website for *global* results?
5.2) At least add a link to racenet/challenges webpage inside the game // by DonSeismo

6) Look left/right when using bonnet cam should turn 90 degrees, not 45.
6.1) Rear/side view mirrors (by Annabell)

7) Map overviews and map name when loading and in “session settings”.
7.1) Also while choosing a car. // by The grizzly
It is often annoying when you join right as the votes are over and you can only choose your car but cannot see the map that is coming up.

8) “Reset car” hotkey. 

9) Derby mode in “Everything” playlist // by NY GAMER
9.1) It should be downloaded automatically.
9.2) Allow to use any car in Derby // by Aaphree

10) “Block list” // by [VQ]Kibo
Mark them with a color and ignore voice chat?

11) Corner Cutting is way too aggressive at times. 
Having 2 wheels on a curb should not be penalized.

12) All tracks should be free.
Why break up already small community?

== Small things that would be nice to have ==

1.1) Numeric values for topspeed, acceleration and handling (easier to compare cars).
1.2) Numeric values for exp.

2) Option to save replays after each race.
This will help to fight cheaters (or at least ban them), learn from the best and make great artwork/videos.

3) I’d love to have spoilers as new cosmetics.

4) Steering lock in “advanced wheel settings”.

5.1) Diversity in Global Challenges and more challenges: 
- tracks AND locations shouldn't repeat until they all have been rotated;
- there should be circuit/sprint/city variety;
- tier variety. 
5.2) Custom or *permanent* global challenges with every track/tier and global stats // by EVGA GTX 770

6) Show full information (tracks, damage, collisions, etc) when searching for sessions and inside a lobby (including race progress like laps/minutes left) without going anywhere into session settings. 

7) Let us choose a car after joining a session that is already in progress. 
Right now it forces last used car.

8) Let us purchase/change upgrades inside a lobby. 

9.1) “Spectator mode” that you can enter after joining a session that is already in progress. 
9.2) Full HUD in a “spectator mode” (or at least a speedometer).

10) Player ping (session results and lobby).

11) Free roam mode.

12) Sell or remove cars.
12.1) Sort cars in the order of use.
I'm tired of going 9 cars to the right to select Corvette every time in a playlist.

13) Permanently show the fastest lap during a race (yours and overall).

14) When there’s a connectivity problem, game should ask if you want to reconnect to the same session, not just drop you.

15) Show stats for players that are highlighted in a lobby (as in “view stats”).

16) Show own upgrades in a car select screen or lobby.

18) Some menus are not responsive. 
Example: I can hit “online”, press right, select “global challenge” as fast as I can and still get to “global challenges”. This doesn’t work for all menus (selection is too slow).

19.1) Host migration for custom events after 2 minutes of host inactivity (I think that's enough for a bathroom break). 
I'm sure we've all been in a situation when everybody is ready to go, but the host fell asleep.
19.2) "Next host" feature in "custom game / quick match" for the same reason // bySteMinardon

20) Let us name&save controller profiles just like liveries. 
Right now they are reset to default values when switching from one to another.

21) Leaderboards for every track/car.

22) An option to disable the echo effect when driving near walls. // by Prophet
Too often it sounds like an opponent is right behind you.

23) Customizable HUD - position, colors... // by Zazurca and Prophet
Right now it’s hard to see on light background.

24) Advanced wheel settings for unsupported controllers // by Prophet

25) "Suggested gear" Gran Turismo style // by Prophet

26.1) Class restriction inside a tier for both single player and multiplayer // byTestTestTest
26.2) Min level restriction for online custom events.

27) Ability to name custom events // by Ibot

29) Numerical tachometer // by Aaphree

34) Visual damage representation Grid 1 style as a part of the HUD // by Aaphree

35) More country flags // by Ōkami

36) Add drafting/slipstreaming // by [VQ]Kibo

37) Add a horn // by Good Homer

38) Better scenery camera angles in replays so they don't pan into obstacles or remove them completely // by Redwing

39) Allow host to set the number of AI cars, rather than it just filling the rest of the field // by ProdigyXP

40) Add the ability to save your own custom playlists // by ProdigyXP
Dirt2 did this perfectly, where we could create all of your settings/tracks and name them for easy recall.

41) Adjustable positioning of HUD elements // by ProdigyXP
Initial complaint was about the map position.

42) Custom livery support for Global Challenges so it's easier to tell who's ghost you are chasing // by pmf026

ml66ok said:
there will be slip stream ?
i already added that into the must have grid3 feature list, 
if you refer to autosport, i read somewhere will be with slipstream... but im not sure

ml66ok said:
there will be slip stream ?
i add that into the must have grid3 feature list, 
if you refer to autosport, i read somewhere will be with slipstream... but im not sure
Yes, there is slip stream in GRID Autosport.

Slipstream worked well in Grid1. Two cars generated smaller draft then bigger pack and the lap times were sometimes 3 seconds faster then offline.

Maintain the original GRID handling, and similar post processing and color filters.

Maintain assists, each on an independent on/off toggle.  (career)

Maintain original Difficulty settings, from very easy to near impossible (career).

No pit stops, track rules, flags, safety car in the career except in Endurance races.

In the career, maintain female names in the player names list.  (They are back in GRID A)

Car behind arrow.

Practice laps, without qualifying laps.

Touge.

Drift.

All the GRID tracks +.

More Club racing in the career as well as Touring Cars, GT, etc.

Give serious consideration for Drag racing, at least in the career, perhaps as a Party mode (like Derby).  I know this is a departure; never been in ToCA/GRID as far as I know, but what the hey?

Keep the Mazda 787B, for one.

Bring back the TVR Tuscan Challenge, make room for the Mini Cooper S as well as a lot more no doubt.  If Club racing is expanded, add the Mazda MX-5, Honda S2000, etc.

That's all I've got for now.  I guess I don't need to mention my input is all regarding the career game, as I don't do online.  Thanks.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

RubyRuby said:
Maintain the original GRID handling, and similar post processing and color filters.

Maintain assists, each on an independent on/off toggle.  (career)

Maintain original Difficulty settings, from very easy to near impossible (career).

No pit stops, track rules, flags, safety car in the career except in Endurance races.

In the career, maintain female names in the player names list.  (They are back in GRID A)

Car behind arrow.

Practice laps, without qualifying laps.

Touge.

Drift.

All the GRID tracks +.

More Club racing in the career as well as Touring Cars, GT, etc.

Give serious consideration for Drag racing, at least in the career, perhaps as a Party mode (like Derby).  I know this is a departure; never been in ToCA/GRID as far as I know, but what the hey?

Keep the Mazda 787B, for one.

Bring back the TVR Tuscan Challenge, make room for the Mini Cooper S as well as a lot more no doubt.  If Club racing is expanded, add the Mazda MX-5, Honda S2000, etc.

That's all I've got for now.  I guess I don't need to mention my input is all regarding the career game, as I don't do online.  Thanks.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.
lol rubyruby you have great ideas!! =D>
especially i like codies to add Mazda MX-5 Cup!! 
:ar!

As far as deleting tuning and upgrades I would think it should be a lobby option like it was in DiRT2. Some people like trying to find setups that get them an edge. As far as upgrades if it's like GRID A then the lobby could be say touring cars then class 1-5 everyone would be on the same class level and the level would be adjustable by the host.

Free roam in ur list would be great Flash but Grid isnt realy open world so i wonder a bit how and where (in the cities or the open roads like in Grid2? or just on the tracks?)

I would like to add:

A racing academy which teaches all about racing, cars and setups.It will take away the need for assists.
More focussed on touringcar, openwheel and GT
Drop street, tuner
No assists
Only reallife tracks
Earn virtual race licences
More hardcore but still authentic experience
Changeable colorpalettes on liveries
Shown driver's name on car
Warm-up lap

Asking for female names, and dedicated servers not being even mentioned in that list makes me wonder what kind of thoughts actually cross some peoples minds. It's just so..., well.

- Dedicated servers. Quit being so $$$greedy CM. Are you really listening to the fanbase this time like you say?, then add them, or at least give us the necessary files to run our own. Sick of your listening server preferences, as the only time you made It work properly was with that cash cow and supreme lackluster of yours called Dirt2.

Assists Off public playlists. So not just the lazy casual sheep can join quick races, and we can also gather quickly and enjoy some quick matches but with a challenge, instead of being releagated to private rooms all damn f***** time. Wake up CM!!, wake up already guys....

- Proper penalty system. The one behind is always responsible, as he must be careful while overtaking or doing any dangerous maneuver that may cause a collision with the car in front.

More tracks, less cars . Yes CM, right the opposite thing you've been doing since the very birth of your ego engine, with, perhaps, the exception of the first Dirt game.

- Rammers/Kids/retards online. Some system that truly alerts everyone, while in a lobby for example, that one driver is just that, a retard, so he/she/It can be booted from the session just some seconds after he/she/It joins.

Let us set races that last longer than 3 or 5 f****** laps. Give us at least a 10 laps option, no matter the Tyre wear would me more than wellcome in races like these.

- And please, some interesting_replayable single player career.