Jump to content Jump to content

Is this strategy legal?

In China, Hamilton and I (as Rosberg) were starting our last stints on Option tyres, while Ricciardo was on his last stint with Prime tyres. Ricciardo was leading, with a few seconds gap to me, and Hamilton was behind me by almost 30 seconds. Once I passed Ricciardo, I intentionally slowed down to try to help Hamilton catch up to Ricciardo so we could finish 1st and 2nd. I don't believe I ever actually did any dirty blocking maneuvers, but I did drive about as slow as possible while keeping it almost impossible for Ricciardo to overtake me, especially on corners. Hamilton closed the gap to Ricciardo in the last few laps, so I increased my fuel mix and left Ricciardo behind, and Hamilton overtook him with ease in the final laps for the easy 1-2 finish. Was what I did to Ricciardo legal in real F1?
Stevomock said:
In China, Hamilton and I (as Rosberg) were starting our last stints on Option tyres, while Ricciardo was on his last stint with Prime tyres. Ricciardo was leading, with a few seconds gap to me, and Hamilton was behind me by almost 30 seconds. Once I passed Ricciardo, I intentionally slowed down to try to help Hamilton catch up to Ricciardo so we could finish 1st and 2nd. I don't believe I ever actually did any dirty blocking maneuvers, but I did drive about as slow as possible while keeping it almost impossible for Ricciardo to overtake me, especially on corners. Hamilton closed the gap to Ricciardo in the last few laps, so I increased my fuel mix and left Ricciardo behind, and Hamilton overtook him with ease in the final laps for the easy 1-2 finish. Was what I did to Ricciardo legal in real F1?

YES  if it was not you would of got a illegal blocking penalty ...
oeicoeic said:
Stevomock said:

It is not the case that illegal blocking penalties are always given to players in F1 games for illegal moves.
Stevomock said:
oeicoeic said:
Stevomock said:

It is not the case that illegal blocking penalties are always given to players in F1 games for illegal moves.
You where going quick enough to not get a illegal blocking penalty but going slow enough to slow Riccardo down so your team mate over took him that's what I call team work and team tactic's  toto would be very happy with you  hehehe lol ... 
In F1 2012 I did this same maneuver but in reverse. I was playing as Vettel and I was in P2. My team mate Webber was in P1. As we were racing I was blocking all the other racers from overtaking us because I wanted a 1-2 finish. So on the last lap I overtook my team mate because I knew the AI couldn't overtake in him 1 lap and we got the 1-2 finish. Its a good stratagy for maximum points. Its only illegal in you are driver painfully slow and making break-checking the other drivers.

Stevomock said:

Seeing as its against AI then its fine, no one cares about the AI.

If you did that in multiplayer/ RL then its a whole different story, the rules in f1 are not strictly rules, they are more of guidelines on how to do something. Its all about the perception of said rules, you will likely find that the other drivers say that's illegal and cheating and your team will say its not. On the other hand if it happened to you then you would say its illegal and cheating and the the other team will say otherwise. 

In my opinion, you would of been in the stewards room for an inquiry for "unfairly interfering with the race results by using unnecessary means". Hamilton would not of gotten 2nd if the race went naturally and you carried on with you racing at the front. plus if it was RL and Rosberg did it to help Hamilton, i very much doubt  hammy will be happy to take the 2nd place as he would of felt that he did not deserve it and robbed poor riccy who did a good job!

In racing, the drivers have these unspoken rules of moral fairness, they know it, the teams know it, the race stewards know it, everyone in racing knows it. Doing this in RL is not cheating or illegal as it not in rules... (because no one does it)...., its highly frowned upon and the stewards may well punish you for it.

Not to mention the Media would have a field day with the newspapers damming you for it! Your sponsors will not be happy to have their names in the paper for this controversy either.

You can judge if something is right or not by thinking how many people am i going to upset by doing this and whos going to happy?

bad opinion of this!
1: Riccardo, 2: Hamilton, 3: the fans, 4: sponsors, 5: track organisers, 6: majority of the drivers on the grid, 7: the majority of the teams on the grid, :8 the media, 9: the stewards....

good!
:1 you, 2: your team. 3:your fans..... 

the bad outweighs the good im afraid.....